EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > UI Developer Discussion

Unread 12-16-2004, 04:25 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Blackburrow
Default If you design UI's make sure to try on Test Server

Just a warning if you design UI's I think it might be benificial for everyone that you test them on the Test Server. There are changes on Test that currently affect my 4 UI pieces. I am trying to see if there is any kind of NDA on the Test Server that will keep me from discussing what I have seen here. If I do not find or do not hear anything about not being able to discuss changes over on the Test Server I will post my issues here.
Unread 12-16-2004, 06:56 PM
A Dervish Cutthroat

Server: Antonia Bayle

There is no NDA for the Test Server. Just be aware that everything on Test will not always make it into the real game. For example right now on test, there are three lines for macros. If you are reworking that window, you may want to take that into account for your UI.
Unread 12-16-2004, 07:09 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imadruid
There is no NDA for the Test Server. Just be aware that everything on Test will not always make it into the real game. For example right now on test, there are three lines for macros. If you are reworking that window, you may want to take that into account for your UI.
It is just a good general rule to check to see if you might need to do any further modifications to your UI so when it goes live you are already looking at the changes.

And Very true, things on test do not always make it to live.

One thing I did see is they may be changing the way the Death Debt XP is displaying. On my UI's currently on Live Servers, the Death Debt XP displays as 0% if you have none. What I saw on Test this morning is the call out now shows if you are say 55% into Level your death Debt is -55% (which would be Zero). What did this change mean to the UI's? And Players, well it will now show the actual Death Debt. Before you had to subtract your Death Debt Debt Displayed from your Level XP %. So if you had 123% Death Debt and were 98% into your level to find your actual % of Death Debt it would be 123-98 which is 25% debt. So with the changes I saw it would no longer say you had 123% Death Debt but would display 25% Death Debt.

Please understand I have found a bug when you try to go into Ingame Options it crashed the Client on Test. That I would hope should be fixed before they go live.
Unread 12-16-2004, 07:27 PM
A Griffon

Here is what I'm refering to in my above message.
Unread 01-06-2005, 05:00 PM
A Griffon

Well it's been verified my UI's Death Debt are now Broken so to speak. As they do indeed show a Negative number for Death Debt if you don't have any debt equal to your Adventure XP%.
Unread 01-09-2005, 01:03 PM
A Griffon

Server: Runnyeye

Not just your's the one on the UI I use displays exactly the same info