EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > XML Modification Help & Info

Unread 08-02-2006, 11:42 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Nagafen
Default Group window

I'm having a few issues with my group window, it resizes to horizontal fill each time someone joins or leaves group. I can't get it to stop! lol It is driving me crazy. Could anyone offer a suggestion on how to get it to stop pls?

My other issue, is that I have the spell effects to the right of the HP/mana bars, but when there is no effect on the person, I'd like the window to resize accordingly, then expand when someone receives one of the four effects. Could anyone tell me if this is even possible? What I'm thinking *might* work seems like it would take a ton of coding to do, and I'm not the best at coding yet =/

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Unread 08-03-2006, 01:27 AM
A Griffon
Featured

I'm using OnHide and OnShow so the window expands to add members as they join, but like I said it is filling horizontally no matter what size you have the window or wether or not it is locked. I'd like for the window to fill so that it can be vertically, horizontally or both, depending on what size you have the window set to, however those OnHide and OnShow things I have figured out are what is causing this problem. Short of adding in a button to resize the window each time someone joins or leaves group, is there anyway to get this window to do what I'd like it to?

This is what the code currently looks like:
Code:
"GroupMember1" OnShow="parent.size=214,41"
"GroupMember2" OnHide="parent.size=214,41" OnShow="parent.size=428,41"
"GroupMember3" OnHide="parent.size=428,41" OnShow="parent.size=642,41"
"GroupMember4" OnHide="parent.size=642,41" OnShow="parent.size=856,41"
"GroupMember5" OnHide="parent.size=856,41" OnShow="parent.size=1070,41"
I was thinking maybe add another OnShow, but leave the width as 214 or 428 and jump the hieght to 82, so it would look like

Code:
"GroupMember2" OnHide="parent.size=214,41" OnShow="parent.size=428,41"
"GroupMember3" OnHide="parent.size=428,41" OnShow="parent.size=642,41" OnShow="parent.size=428,82"
But, I figured this would just cause the window to get bigger, but still fill it horizontally. (Hope that all made sense, it's late!)

Thanks for any help!

Last edited by Savie : 08-03-2006 at 01:34 AM.
Unread 08-03-2006, 09:32 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Oasis

add Location=<what ever> to yoru OnShow and force the groupmember page to go where you want not where SOE wants.
Unread 08-03-2006, 09:56 AM
A Griffon
Featured

It's not that I want it to go a certain place, just for it to fill according to the window size the player makes it. If the want to size it 5 down, 2 down/3across, 3 down/2 across or 5 across. But instead it is just shrinking or expanding and makes the window horizontal. Or maybe what you said is the fix I'm looking for, but I just didn't understand. =/ Sorry Im new to this.
Basically, what I want it to do, is keep the rest of the window hide like it is doing now, but at the same time, fill the group according to what the player sets it to, rather than snapping back to a totally horizontal window.

Also, I've added a volume page for the detrimental effect icons, similar to the target window, however it is not resizing the window to show those, any suggestions? Would an OnShow/OnHide for those work?

Last edited by Savie : 08-03-2006 at 09:59 AM.
Unread 08-03-2006, 10:20 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

I think you should take a look at the "VolumeFill" property of your volume page.

And you can't separately resize or relocate children of a volume page, so that's why your attempts are failing. You can only resize the volume page itself and/or set the CellSize property for its children. The volume won't resize automatically, btw, you'll have to do it yourself.

Also, if you implement the group window via a volume page, you can't (unless SOE recently changed it) use the same format that the default group window uses, you'll have to work with DynamicData instead.
Unread 08-03-2006, 10:23 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9
I think you should take a look at the "VolumeFill" property of your volume page.
The VolumeFill is set to "left2right_down"

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9
And you can't separately resize or relocate children of a volume page, so that's why your attempts are failing. You can only resize the volume page itself and/or set the CellSize property for its children. The volume won't resize automatically, btw, you'll have to do it yourself.
I'm not trying to relocate them, just have them work like the target window does with buffs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9
Also, if you implement the group window via a volume page, you can't (unless SOE recently changed it) use the same format that the default group window uses, you'll have to work with DynamicData instead.
Yes, lol I just found this out the hard way, working on that now too.
Unread 08-03-2006, 11:08 AM
A Griffon
Featured

I decided to completely scrap the hiding of the effects, effects seems to be much more trouble than it is worth. Still can't get the window to stop filling group members horizontally only though, any thoughts? Thanks for all the help!