EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Request

Unread 06-21-2006, 03:09 AM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default New KnowledgeWindow

I am VERY surprised no one has yet to make a Knowledgewindow like this yet.

All of the tradeskill counter/buffs come in threes for each tradeskill type. But all of the knowledge windows aren't evenly divisable by three. Why is this important/desired? If a knowledgewindow only displayed a number of icons that is divisable by three, then the tradeskill buffs won't be partially on one page or another. You could see all of the related tradeskills easily.

So, I'd like to see a default styled Knowledge window, that is either 3 rows by 4 columns, or 3 columns by four rows. Or even make the four a five instead, but keep it at a max shown per page that is evenly divisable by three.

I would do this my self, but its quite a ways out of my UI modding skills. TIA!
Unread 06-21-2006, 06:26 AM
A Rumbleroot Sapling
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

the knowledge book is hardcoded. you're able to rearrange the 16 slots, but you can not add functional ones.
you could remove some though to get a set of slots per page that's divisable by three, but those spells put in the "hidden" slots won't be accessable anymore.

hmm... what could be done is the following: a resizeable knowledge book with the standard 4x4 arrangement. move the spells from the last row to some other slots and then resize the window to get a 4x3 arrangement.
Unread 06-21-2006, 06:51 AM
A Griffon
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

Server: Everfrost

There's a command to insert a space into the spell book at a certain row, column, and page. I'd have to look it up for syntax.

But theoretically, you could make a 15 slot knowledge book and then make a "re-align" button that went through the first 20 pages or so and ran the insert command to make slot 16 blank on each page.

Of course, you could just use the same command (or maybe there's another for inserting whole rows) on the standard 16 slot book to clear out 4 slots and make only 12 used per page.

Anyhow, I'm chasing my own dragon at the moment and so leave this as an exercise for the reader to complete. :P
'Tetht the printhiple, tetht the printhiple,' muttered Igor. 'Thorry, thur, but Igorth do not "tetht the printhiple". Thtrap it to the bench and put a good thick bolt of lightning through it, thatth our motto. Thatth how you tetht thomething.'
Unread 06-21-2006, 11:33 AM
A Griffon

Here's my suggested layout:

X X X | X X X
X X X | X X X
X X X | X X X
X X X | X X X
X X X | X X X
x X x | x X x

x = non-functional slots
X = functional slots
Unread 06-21-2006, 04:39 PM
A Green Troll
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Blackburrow

Just some random comments...

Each page is 16 slots, and you can't show multiple pages at once. The separator in the middle is completely artificial.

Also... most ppl that care enough about tradeskilling for this to be important probably use hotkeys rather than clicking their knowledge book. They also only really care about the latest 6 buffs for their profession, especially with subs and cross class books being a thing of the past.
Unread 06-22-2006, 11:06 AM
A Griffon

LOL! Zonx, you are one smart cookie!

Arre