EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Request

Unread 11-30-2005, 04:12 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Count Down Timer

One of my guild mates was talking about a UI mod for WoW in which the count down timer is right on the hotbar button. So instead of having to roll over the button to get the time remaining till I can use a skill I can just glance down and see it. Is there anyway to do this in EQ2?
Unread 11-30-2005, 04:20 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Test

If you mean spell cooldown timers, no that information is not available.
Take a look and give feedback!
Unread 11-30-2005, 04:38 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

So how does it get displayed in the tool tips? I mean is there a way to grab that from the tool tips? If not I guess I need to go to the Sony boards and maybe work on getting support for that to be added.
Unread 11-30-2005, 04:41 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Test

Much of the information used by the UI is whats called pushed data. Essentially its hardcoded in the UI subsystem and therefore not available to be used in a different manner by a UI mod. That is unfortunately the case, currently, with the cooldown timers. The shading is done at a level that is beyond our ability to capture or control.
Take a look and give feedback!
Unread 11-30-2005, 04:51 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Ok thanks I think I will start a thread on the Sony forums and see if I can get some people to support this since that would be extremely useful. Oh wait that means it will never happen because it is useful
Unread 12-10-2005, 12:43 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Is it possible to simply approximate the spell cooldown timers? I don't know if you can pull statistical info from spells on the hotbar, but if you could in some way find out what the cooldown timer of the loaded spell is, couldn't you just add a countdown function that is set to that timer?

For example, all the HO starters have a 10sec timer. Therefore all you'd need to do is check what spell is in that hotbar slot, if it is a HO starter set the countdown to 10 seconds when that hotkey is pressed, and voila.

If nothing else, you may be able to let each player manually set the countdown timers in each hotbar slot whenever they change the spells assigned to them. It'd be kind clunky, but it would suffice.

If it is possible to setup a small table, you may be able to link the string of the ability's name to a specific timer in the code. Just create a table that includes the names of every HO starter and assigns a countdown timer of 10 seconds to that hotbar slot when an ability with one of those names is assigned to it.

I may be seriously overestimating the capabilities of the code here, as I have never actually played with it. However, it seems like this is a decent workaround for refresh timers since the pushed data cannot be accessed directly.
Unread 12-10-2005, 12:47 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Nevermind, I looked at another thread and found out that I did, indeed, massively overestimate the capability of the supported code. Oh well, it would have worked, anyways. :-)