EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Unread 03-09-2011, 09:10 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Nagafen
Default New Features

Mini Tradeskill window and Customizable bottom bar. I have tested both of these and they appear to be fully functional. If anyone would like to give them a try and give me feedback that would be great. I would prefer more testing before pushing these, especially the bottom bar since it will be the new default, to the updater.

To install just extract the zip to your profitui folder and then start/restart eq2.

Silat

Edit: Added ability to show up to 4 bars stacked on top of each other. Fixed DPS display bug. Files are in the zip.
Edit2: Removed zips as they are now part of the autoupdater.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bb.jpg
Views:	450
Size:	285.0 KB
ID:	7682  Click image for larger version

Name:	ts-small.jpg
Views:	445
Size:	107.9 KB
ID:	7683  

Last edited by TalTal : 03-17-2011 at 11:19 AM.
Unread 03-09-2011, 12:38 PM
Dyadem @ Zam.com
Premium Member

Server: Everfrost

Good News: I like the tradeskill window, its very nice to have it compact. So far I havent noticed any issues with it while crafting, but will keep you informed if I do.

Bad News: The bottom bar is empty after it loads (as soon as you log in you get a message saying the bar is loading in 18 seconds), and I'm unable to click the 'BottomBar Config' button in the settings. It highlights just does not function.

I tried running the updater and selecting a different variant for the bar, but that resulted in the same issue.
Unread 03-09-2011, 12:40 PM
A Griffon

Server: Butcherblock

Same result for me here
Unread 03-09-2011, 01:06 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Forgot to add the modifed profitui custom file. Adding to zip above now.

Thanks for letting me know.

Silat
Unread 03-09-2011, 01:09 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by g0dless420 View Post
Good News: I like the tradeskill window, its very nice to have it compact. So far I havent noticed any issues with it while crafting, but will keep you informed if I do.
Yea I always hated the amount of room the ts window took up. That was why I made this...it was something I wanted and I figured I'd share it.

Silat
Unread 03-09-2011, 01:21 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Unkown

Testing these new things out shortly, will let you know.
Awesome work on Profit btw.
Unread 03-09-2011, 02:44 PM
A Forest Scavenger
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Mistmoore
Default the new stat bar

I love it! My only complaint about it is that the DPS stat, for some reason, doesn't show but 1 digit and then 3 dots/periods so it looks like:

DPS: 7...

My bar is very 'uncluttered' and should allow plenty of space for this stat so I'm unsure why this one stat does this.

In any case... I like the customization of this window and I would love to see this customization approach implemented on the quick buttons at some point... I think that's the only thing that keeps me from using profit 'as-is' these days is the fact that I cannot change my quick buttons without editing the xml file.

in any case it looks great .. kudos!
Unread 03-09-2011, 03:07 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by xerek View Post
I love it! My only complaint about it is that the DPS stat, for some reason, doesn't show but 1 digit and then 3 dots/periods so it looks like:

My bar is very 'uncluttered' and should allow plenty of space for this stat so I'm unsure why this one stat does this.

<SNIP>
It looks that way because I apparently did not make enough space for that stat to show all its digits. That problem cannot be caused by cluttering at all. In fact if you put more items than will fit on the bar it will let you...you just won't see them as they will scoll off the right side.

I will get that stat corrected. I know of at least 1 other one as well. If you notice anything else please let me know.

Silat

Last edited by TalTal : 03-09-2011 at 03:18 PM.
Unread 03-09-2011, 03:31 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Crushbone

I've been a long time Fetish Nightfall user and just decided today to try out Profit for the hell of it (heard lots of good things about it) and to be honest, I love it. Excellent work! Kudos to you, friend!

Just added the two new *features* and they seem to be, for all intents and purposes, working fine. Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by xerek View Post

Didn't notice this because I don't have that stat showing.
Unread 03-09-2011, 03:31 PM
Dyadem @ Zam.com
Premium Member

Default Bottom Bar

Played around with the options a bit now, I must say I really like the new bar, it really eliminates a lot of unnecessary items for my mains class.

I absolutely LOVE that its character specific! My main set it up to show caster stats. I then camped to my shadowknight, and even loaded my necro's ui layout.

One con, I tried adding a bunch of stats to the bar, to see what would happen, and they scroll off the screen. I'm not sure if it's possible to make the bottom bar use a scroll effect, or otherwise account for this and push stats closer together.
Unread 03-09-2011, 03:38 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Played around with the options a bit now, I must say I really like the new bar, it really eliminates a lot of unnecessary items for my mains class.

I absolutely LOVE that its character specific! My main set it up to show caster stats. I then camped to my shadowknight, and even loaded my necro's ui layout.

One con, I tried adding a bunch of stats to the bar, to see what would happen, and they scroll off the screen. I'm not sure if it's possible to make the bottom bar use a scroll effect, or otherwise account for this and push stats closer together.
I could add a scroll effect, make it a fatter bar with two rows, or make it 2 + bars that are right on top of each other.

I know that I personally would not like the tickertape effect of the scrollingbar...but I could make it to default to not scrolling and then have an option for the user to make it scroll.

Any thoughts?

Silat

Edit: as for scroll effect it could be vertical or horizontal scrolling. I don't think the vertical would drive me too crazy.

Last edited by TalTal : 03-09-2011 at 03:46 PM.
Unread 03-09-2011, 03:39 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Crushbone

Quote:

Yeah, I like the customizable stats bar but all the stats I want to be visible just don't fit. Scrolling would be nice or perhaps even making several stackable layers when you resize the window vertically.
Unread 03-09-2011, 03:40 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScareCrow83 View Post
I've been a long time Fetish Nightfall user and just decided today to try out Profit for the hell of it (heard lots of good things about it) and to be honest, I love it. Excellent work! Kudos to you, friend!

Just added the two new *features* and they seem to be, for all intents and purposes, working fine. Thanks

Didn't notice this because I don't have that stat showing.
I had it showing but my dps mod is very low because I play non-raid geared healers. So it looked okay for me. These type of things are why I wanted a limited set of users first.

Silat
Unread 03-09-2011, 07:47 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
<SNIP>
I made the bar able to have up to 4 bars stacked one on top of the other...every stat should now fit if you use all 4 bars. just resize the bar upward to see additional bars.

Silat
Unread 03-09-2011, 08:29 PM
A Griffon

Server: Butcherblock

I think it would be nice to have an "on hover in" show a second bar and you could customise both bars as you see fit so that when you mouse over the bar the second bar would overlap the first and on hover out it shows the regular bar. similar to what the top bar does now.
Unread 03-09-2011, 08:34 PM
A Griffon
Featured

I might be able to make it an either or thing. Let me see.

Silat
Unread 03-10-2011, 10:46 AM
A Griffon

Server: Antonia Bayle

First: I see some of the stats from the top bar, please tell me you are not planning to change or remove the top bar?

Second: What is it with check box lists, that people set them up to go across the columns first then down for extra columns.

It is much more readable and eaiser to follow when using checkbox lists to put your column options down and then add a second (or third, fourth, . . . ) column if you have enough options.

My first impression on looking at the bottom bar configuration, was half the stuff is missing, because my eyes went down the list.

We have been trained by everyday tasks to read across the page from left to right then up to down for words, but we have also been trained to read columns of data from top to bottom, then left to right.

I would suggest the configuration table be setup to read top to bottom, then left to right.
Unread 03-10-2011, 02:35 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjsi View Post
First: I see some of the stats from the top bar, please tell me you are not planning to change or remove the top bar?

Second: What is it with check box lists, that people set them up to go across the columns first then down for extra columns.

It is much more readable and eaiser to follow when using checkbox lists to put your column options down and then add a second (or third, fourth, . . . ) column if you have enough options.

My first impression on looking at the bottom bar configuration, was half the stuff is missing, because my eyes went down the list.

We have been trained by everyday tasks to read across the page from left to right then up to down for words, but we have also been trained to read columns of data from top to bottom, then left to right.

I would suggest the configuration table be setup to read top to bottom, then left to right.
I agree in principle. It was just easier to code it that way....since I was working off an earlier concept of mine. Also the bar reads across so this order makes them line up better from the appearance on the bar. Iif enough people want it arranged differently or I just get some more free time I can make a variant or make it an option on the menu itself.

Silat
Unread 03-10-2011, 07:41 PM
A Nerius Seer

Server: Befallen
Default Question: Bottom bar integration with other UIs

I am using a mix and match UI. I've installed the bottom bar mod and really like the customizations it gives me. The one thing I've not figured out is how to auto show the window when I log in. Currently using a macro to deal with this:

/show_window Custom.ProfitUI_BottomBar

Would someone point me in the right direction of setting this window to auto show?

Thanks!

--Lollygagger
Unread 03-10-2011, 08:03 PM
A Griffon
Featured

You need to code an onshow or a timer into a mainhud ui element that will show the window using the same command you have for your macro. The profit experience window and control center combined handle that task in profitui.

Silat
Unread 03-10-2011, 08:24 PM
A Nerius Seer

Server: Befallen

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalTal View Post
You need to code an onshow or a timer into a mainhud ui element that will show the window using the same command you have for your macro. The profit experience window and control center combined handle that task in profitui.

Silat

That did the trick. Added it to my experience window. Thanks for the quick reply. Keep up the good work TalTal.
Unread 03-10-2011, 10:59 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Well I've had a dozen people download the latest iteration of the customizable bottom bar and the only comments are about the order of the menu option checkboxes and a request to have onhover functionality. I intend to push it to the autoupdater on monday barring any major issues so if you find anything at all please let me know.

Silat

Last edited by TalTal : 03-10-2011 at 11:28 PM.
Unread 03-11-2011, 12:08 PM
Dyadem @ Zam.com
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalTal View Post
Well I've had a dozen people download the latest iteration of the customizable bottom bar and the only comments are about the order of the menu option checkboxes and a request to have onhover functionality. I intend to push it to the autoupdater on monday barring any major issues so if you find anything at all please let me know.

Silat
Notes:
1- I dont mind the order of the of the options. Granted at first I had the same issues from reading Top-Bottom, but once you look at it overall in its current format (rows Left-Right) it makes it pretty simple to understand how it will add them to the bar.

2- Finally, something on the crafting window! I've still had no issues with it, so dont fret. I know the window is pretty compact to save room, but would you think about squeezing crafting stats into it somehow? I know I could just add them to the bottom bar, but I'm sure a majority of us only worry about those stats as were actively crafting. If not, its not a big issue by any means. It is though, one of the few ways to remind myself to equip crafting gear heh.
Unread 03-11-2011, 12:49 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Notes:
1- I dont mind the order of the of the options. Granted at first I had the same issues from reading Top-Bottom, but once you look at it overall in its current format (rows Left-Right) it makes it pretty simple to understand how it will add them to the bar.

2- Finally, something on the crafting window! I've still had no issues with it, so dont fret. I know the window is pretty compact to save room, but would you think about squeezing crafting stats into it somehow? I know I could just add them to the bottom bar, but I'm sure a majority of us only worry about those stats as were actively crafting. If not, its not a big issue by any means. It is though, one of the few ways to remind myself to equip crafting gear heh.
I like having them there too. I sacrificed them for size and an uncluttered appearance. Let me take a second look and see what I can do.

Silat

Edit: I updated the ts zip it now has the stats. Let me know what you think.

Last edited by TalTal : 03-11-2011 at 02:35 PM.
Unread 03-11-2011, 04:39 PM
Dyadem @ Zam.com
Premium Member

Looks really good. It doesn't feel squished in either. But something else does... (I'm your least favorite poster I think haha)...

I think you may want to make the box just a bit taller so the 'disable depot' and 'begin' button ... or leave it that way to slowly drive me crazy little by little each time I see it.