EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Help!?!?!

Unread 02-22-2010, 02:27 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default No Trade Confirmation

Is it possible to bypass the need to click "yes" for no trade items

ex: the 300 different quest update items in The Hole

So very annoying
Unread 02-22-2010, 03:48 PM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone

Would it be possible? Sure; I think an author or two may have already done it in the past.

Personally it's not something I would want. To my knowledge such a modification would cause you to automatically accept that dialogue window each and every time, eliminating the purpose of the window. Yeah it's annoying, but it's designed to prevent mistakes. It'd be far simpler if SOE just coded the quests items so that they didn't trigger that confirmation at all (ie by using the code where one automatically drops for every person directly by the 'loot item' window)
Unread 02-22-2010, 04:59 PM
A Sea Turtle

Server: Valor

the reason i want a bypass too is if i am soloing and still have to confirm yes i want to loot this no trade item (the hole quest items as example).

in a group i would disable this "feature".
or if possible:
mark items to be looted automaticaly even if no trade like not selling items but i think thats SOE work.
Unread 02-22-2010, 05:45 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Maybe having Yes being the default button to then be triggered by the Enter key. But as said, there really isn't a safe way to code this to just bypass the window. It has too much potential to lead to mistakes.
Unread 02-22-2010, 06:09 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

How many fail safes do we need though? Already have to pick need or greed...

It's highly annoying when you're killing 20+ mobs at a time that can all have a loot box you have to click on. We get bombarded with lotto windows (that we have to click on once) and then the confirmation windows to click again. It's just redundant imo....
Unread 02-22-2010, 06:45 PM
A Griffon
Featured

But not every loot item follows the same "pattern" that SOE implements. And you'd be surprised how many times a day I see people say "Oh $#!^ I just hit need instead of greed, can you change the loot options quick?"
There's plenty of accidents that occur. Have enter default to greed and Yes on the dialog box is probably is about the safest you can go without running into as many accidents. And even with "just press enter" there's still accidents.

Nothing a petition can't normally solve... but all it takes is one miss-key and you can potentially waste a few people's time.

Just my 2cp.
Unread 02-22-2010, 11:44 PM
A Griffon

Server: Butcherblock
Default My 2c

my 2c
I'd really like a toggle that will auto accept loot so that when I am soloing I can check the box and bash mobs till my hearts content without having to worry about loot boxes popin up all the time. Yes, the enter to accept is nice but I would like an auto accept button that I can toggle just like the auto decline. Even if it only works while solo to prevent ninja looting that would be wonderful with me.

I've tried to find the coding for the auto decline and see how it works to try and figure out an auto accept option but I'm just not that cool and smart as you guys.