EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Help!?!?!

Unread 01-14-2010, 10:15 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unkown
Default How do i installl

SO i just got this game a few days ago and i been told there is full interface compilations so i end up here, i browse the forums i saw a few they do look really cool however i am clueless how to install this , can some one tell me and maybe guide me how to install this compilations please, i did read the How to install but yet i can't really understand anways if anyone can help much apreciate, thanks in advance
Unread 01-14-2010, 10:38 PM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone

That depends on the UI you are trying to install. Most of them give instructions on their page. We can help you more if you tell us which UI you are trying to install.
Unread 01-14-2010, 11:07 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

oh yeah sure , i was looking at RickF7666 Interface, i hope this helps

Last edited by Raxnor : 01-14-2010 at 11:15 PM.
Unread 01-14-2010, 11:27 PM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone

From what I can see on the interface set for that, it just uses the standard install instructions (available here.

Last edited by lordebon : 01-14-2010 at 11:30 PM.
Unread 01-14-2010, 11:38 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

wow this is really confuse for me ;x, i will give it a try but making all those codes/folders makes it very confusing ; ;
Unread 01-15-2010, 12:07 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

oh well i follow every step for this and nothing, i dont know what im doing wrong, anyhow, thanks for the help
Unread 01-15-2010, 01:26 AM
A Griffawn
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Oasis

Let's see if I can maybe shed a little light on the install instructions. First you have to locate your Everquest II installation directory. I bought Everquest II in the box and I use Windows XP so it installed to "C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest II", but if you bought Everquest II from Steam it will have installed to "C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\EverQuest II" Of course if you have Windows Vista or Windows 7 applications are no longer installed under "Program Files". So like I said the first thing you have to do is find where EverQuest II was installed.

Step two is to create a sub-folder to put the new interface pieces in. That sub-folder has to be under the "EverQuest II\UI" folder. There will already be a sub-folder called "Default". You can name this folder anything you want to, but to be safe stick with just letters. The suggestion is to name this folder after your self with the letters "UI" at the end. As an example my name is Rick so I named my custom user interface folder "RickUI".

Step three is to create a file called eq2.ini. So use your favorite text editor like "notepad" and add the two lines:

cl_ui_skinname bobsui
cl_ui_subdir UI/

Replacing the "bobsui" in the first line with what ever you decided to name your custom UI folder in step two. Then you save this text file into the EverQuest II folder with the file name "eq2.ini". One problem you might have is that by default Windows hides the file extension. To unhide the file extensions go to the Control Panel and open up the Folder Options. If you don't see a Folder Options icon you might have to switch to "Classic View". In the Folder Options window choose the View tab and then uncheck the "Hide extensions for known file types". And then, of course, click the "OK" button.

Another problem you might run into is if you use a word processor like Microsoft Word or Word Perfect or even Wordpad to create the eq2.ini file instead of Notepad. Word processors add formatting information to the files and that will make it unreadable by the game.

I hope this has helped. Good luck.
Unread 01-15-2010, 12:17 PM
A Coastal Crab

(gm9: posts removed, don't hijack threads please)

Last edited by gm9 : 01-15-2010 at 12:47 PM. Reason: removed off topic posts
Unread 03-11-2010, 08:56 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle

like "notepad" and add the two lines:

cl_ui_skinname bobsui
cl_ui_subdir UI/

Replacing the "bobsui" in the first line with what ever you decided to name your custom UI folder in step two. Then you save this text file into the EverQuest II folder with the file name "eq2.ini". One problem you might have is that by default Windows hides the file extension. To unhide the file extensions go to the Control Panel and open up the Folder Options. If you don't see a Folder Options icon you might have to switch to "Classic View". In the Folder Options window choose the View tab and then uncheck the "Hide extensions for known file types". And then, of course, click the "OK" button.

Another problem you might run into is if you use a word processor like Microsoft Word or Word Perfect or even Wordpad to create the eq2.ini file instead of Notepad. Word processors add formatting information to the files and that will make it unreadable by the game.

I hope this has helped. Good luck.[/quote]

Hi! I seen the instructions you worte to Raxnor. It was much easier to understand. Do you know when they say to Unzip the xml, dds, tga (dds,tga's must be in a images sub-folder) files into your newely created folder I cant find those zip files it is just confusing.

Thx for any help you can give.

Last edited by koolmaniscool : 03-11-2010 at 08:59 PM.