EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > EQ2MAP > EQ2Map Troubleshooting

Unread 12-10-2008, 05:35 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default EQ2 Map Updater 1.1.2 not working

Ok I did Clean install Of Eq2 Map autoupdater it is very unfortunate that you guys like to discriminate against people with disabilities and chronic pain . playing eq2 takes my mind off the pain some days .. with out being able to use map feature you have severly cunt my raiding down.. come talk to me when you are on heavy pain killers that dont work and all the dr can tell you is it is part of the disease ! i cant drive or walk some days so this is my life .. you have cutt off ..

Dahl
Unread 12-10-2008, 05:51 AM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone

I don't know why you think anyone is discriminating against you.

But if you want help, you need to tell us *what* is going wrong, i.e. an error message or the like. We cannot magically infer what the problem is just from that you did a clean install and it is not working.
Unread 12-10-2008, 09:05 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default windows xp 2000 sp3

I have windowsxp 2000 sp 3 snd it says Error needs Windows 2000 or not sure higher sp3 so i is xp2000 not usable ? do not understand how to maual install any thing i do use profit ui but had no problems with map updator prior to this ...
Unread 12-10-2008, 09:59 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

As a sign of good will I moved you to the correct forum this time but I don't pretend to understand a word of that mess you posted.
Unread 12-10-2008, 10:36 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default thank you for moving it but still dont ..

thank you for moving to correct forum where ever that is .. .. i did not appreciate gm9 coments about geting job.. to my first post yesterday .. i did clean install same problem and feel it is un fair to exclude windows xp 2000 sp3 users from map updator sa this inhibits my abilities in the game to raid etc or solo since no maps available
Unread 12-10-2008, 10:53 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Splitpaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahl shacti View Post
thank you for moving to correct forum where ever that is .. .. i did not appreciate gm9 coments about geting job.. to my first post yesterday .. i did clean install same problem and feel it is un fair to exclude windows xp 2000 sp3 users from map updator sa this inhibits my abilities in the game to raid etc or solo since no maps available
The comment to get a job was clearly a joke.
I use eq2map on 2 systems, the first with Win XP sp3 and second
with Vista X64. No problem at all.

Instead of whining, tell us what the error messages is saying.

Eq2map is free so dont whine.
Unread 12-10-2008, 11:24 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahl shacti View Post
I have windowsxp 2000 sp 3 snd it says Error needs Windows 2000 or not sure higher sp3 so i is xp2000 not usable ? do not understand how to maual install any thing i do use profit ui but had no problems with map updator prior to this ...
Is this related to a .Net framework update from Microsoft? I believe their updater requires Windows 2000 SP6 and Windows XP SP2 or higher, and won't deliver downloads/updates to systems not up to at least those service pack levels. If the error happens when trying to update or install the .Net framework used by EQ2Map, the problem is probably on the Microsoft side of things.

It's also possible that the .Net library in EQ2Map is rejecting an outdated .Net framework installation on the machine. If it is, that's also not code the EQ2Map devs can control.
Unread 12-10-2008, 05:02 PM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone

I assume you are using Windows XP SP3? There's no such thing as Windows XP 2000. If you are using Windows 2000, now that might be the issue.

But yeah, I suggest trying to update to the latest .NET and see if that helps.