EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > EQ2MAP > EQ2Map Troubleshooting

Unread 11-20-2008, 11:00 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Updater hangs on Lavastorm (Icons)

I'm trying to run the updater today (it's worked the past two days just fine) and it hangs up on Lavastorm (Icons) - to the point I have to kill the program. I've tried deleting all the files having to do with Lavastorm in order to force a new update, but it still hangs up.

Any suggestions?
Unread 11-20-2008, 11:14 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Lucan DLere

I am also having this exact issue. It hangs on lavastorm icons then after like 5 minutes says error this file is in use by another program.

I did check and without EQ2 updater running it is not in use by anything I can delete or move it but as soon as i start eq2map updater it does it again. It seems the EQ2map updater itself is the program using the file its trying to update... lol anyway i hope this helps you guys find the issue.
Unread 11-21-2008, 03:11 AM
EQ2MAP Developer
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Splitpaw

I still trying to find where the error comes from, but its so rare.
Most time a reboot of the computer helps.
Unread 11-21-2008, 07:27 AM
A Brown Bear

I have tried rebooting my pc a couple times and it still hangs on that one lavastorm file.

thanks for all the effort yall put into this.
Unread 11-21-2008, 07:40 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

To help you guys out in the meantime I moved the lavastorm icons to the end of the filelist, so even if it hangs at least you get all other updates first. Hope it doesn't hang at another file now...
Unread 11-21-2008, 09:51 AM
A Brown Bear

thanks that should help us get in game alot faster.

i found if i let it stay stuck for 5-10 minutes it errors out and downloads the other files but your temp solution would make it alot faster to just close and bypass that file thanks
Unread 11-22-2008, 09:07 AM
A Brown Bear

ever since you moved the lavastorm file to the end of the list it has downloaded just fine. thought yall might want to know that for me at least it fixed the problem... wierd but hey whatever works right? lol
Unread 11-26-2008, 09:42 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

I ended up uninstalling/reinstalling and now Lavastorm works, but it's hanging up on One Rock.

I want to try and move the One Rock entry to the end of the file. What file do I have to change to move this entry?

*edit* I found it. For others looking, it's in C:\Program Files\EQ2MAP Updater\cache

I have two files that hang up - OneRock Isle and Sinking Sands. I moved them both the end of the list and it goes ahead and updates the rest. I tried deleting the update list and getting a new one, but same problem. I tried deleting the .xml files for those two files, but same problem. Not sure what's going on

It works fine on my laptop, so it's not the server that the updates are coming from. It's just something on my computer somewhere I guess.

*edit 2* I uninstalled eq2maps, deleted the eq2map directory under Everquest II and reinstalled. Same problem. I did the same thing (uninstall/delete/reinstall) and rebooted the machine. Same problem.

It's always hanging on Onerock Isle and Sinking Sands POI files now. I moved them to the end of the list, so the rest goes ahead and updates, but those 2 just won't do it.

I have 2 machines, virtually identical spec-wise, but one has XP Pro on it and the other has XP Media Center on it. The one with Media Center is the one having the problems, but not sure if that would make a difference or not.

Last edited by Khieran : 11-26-2008 at 10:34 AM.
Unread 12-21-2008, 11:18 AM
A Coastal Crab

Just wanted to throw in that I'm getting this same problem, only mine hangs on The Forsaken City Level 1 (Icons), seemingly the very first file the updater tries to hit. I'll see if I can use the posts here to figure out how to move that file to the end of the list to help alleviate it for a while.

Note that this problem is not affecting my other computer, nor do any of my friends who are regulars to the game report any difficulties. This is something local to this machine, though I have no idea what it could be. I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling EQ2Map completely as well, have no firewall up when I try the updater, and otherwise run a very "clean" machine. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

*Update* - Moved The Forsaken City Level 1 (Icons) to the bottom of the list and ended up having to do two others as well. They were Rivervale and Permafrost Basement (Icons). Updater works fine until it reaches the end of the list now where I've placed those three entries. If there's any other information I can provide, upload, whatever that will help solve this, please just let me know.

Thanks so much for this incredibly useful utility.

Last edited by TFGoose : 12-21-2008 at 11:28 AM.