EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Unread 04-09-2008, 06:15 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default group window - white squares - no cure curse option

I have manually installed just the Group window files forever

Cannot find the appropriate files to correct this problem.

The files that worked until GU 44 are:
_ProfitUI_Styles
eq2ui
eq3ui_mainhud
eq2ui_mainhud_detrimental_effects
eq2ui_mainhud_groupmembers

Updating ANY of the above files results in the picture

What file(s) do I need to update?

Thanks
Unread 04-09-2008, 08:26 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

No one knows what files to manual update for the new Group window?
Unread 04-09-2008, 09:49 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest

The correct default vertical group window should be on the updater. Look for the ProfitUI Updater package. Note that only the default vertical window's been modified, the other group window versions aren't yet, nor is the raid window.
Unread 04-10-2008, 03:38 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by tknarr View Post
Note that only the default vertical window's been modified, the other group window versions aren't yet, nor is the raid window.
Actually the compact vertical should be good, I pushed that yesterday. Also the raid window, although from what I hear the cure curse spell cannot be cast raid wide.
Unread 04-10-2008, 05:21 AM
(^\. ./^)
Premium Member

Server: Splitpaw

It's Group Friend only, gm9.

Unread 04-10-2008, 05:42 PM
A Griffon

Server: Najena

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9 View Post
Actually the compact vertical should be good, I pushed that yesterday. Also the raid window, although from what I hear the cure curse spell cannot be cast raid wide.
I hate to chime in like this, but I find it rather annoying, as I am certain you do GM9, that people borrow parts of your UI to make their own. And then when it does not work (most of the time because they dont have all the modules) they come here and complain.

I for one think that you should make this an all in one only UI (maybe you did and thats why things break when everything isnt there) and drop support for those that want only pieces.

The entire UI is designed to work as a unit, people. You cant just take this piece or that piece and expect things to work. The UI is perfect as it is (even with variants for those that like things a bit different). Sure, there are other UI's out there. I have used them, deleted them, and cursed the day I wasted my time before getting Profit.

well sorry for wasting your bandwidth. keep up the excellent work GM9!

/rant mode off
Unread 04-10-2008, 06:05 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorinth View Post
I hate to chime in like this, but I find it rather annoying, as I am certain you do GM9, that people borrow parts of your UI to make their own. And then when it does not work (most of the time because they dont have all the modules) they come here and complain.
Amen to that - although the OP does not really complain, there are those that do, that's right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorinth View Post
I for one think that you should make this an all in one only UI (maybe you did and thats why things break when everything isnt there) and drop support for those that want only pieces.
I did in fact, and I do not support those that want to rip parts out - I never addressed the OP here. If I wanted to support individual pieces I'd release standalone windows, but I don't. Problem is some people then come here and post about bugs without stating that they caused them by dropping half of the UI.
Unread 04-10-2008, 11:38 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Same Problem With Group Cure Curse

GM9,
Group cure curse was working fine in the previous installation of profit ui. I had the full profit, not parts, and it was manually installed using winzip into the folders.

Again, it worked fine until about 2 days ago and an EQ2 update came out. Then the whited out squares began to appear in the group cure/trauma windows (the 5 boxes next to each player in the group) . Before the EQ2 update I could see who in the party got a poison, arcane, elemental, etc and cure it. I just manually installed the latest ui update, as per the install instructions and that didn't fix the problem.

I have not been using the automatic installation utility, I just have this aversion to loading extra stuff onto the PC.

Any help on fixing this problem would be greatly appreciated.
Unread 04-11-2008, 09:53 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardmortimer View Post
GM9,
Group cure curse was working fine in the previous installation of profit ui. I had the full profit, not parts, and it was manually installed using winzip into the folders.
That's expected, I think. The zipfile has the GU43-compatible group windows, which have the white-square behavior in GU44. The updater has the GU44-compatible windows, which did the white-square thing under GU43. I don't think gm9's updated the zipfile with the new windows since the updater has them. My advice would really be to get the updater and use it to download things, just make sure to select the window variants you want and ignore any files you've replaced with others. If you don't want to let the updater directly write into your EQ2 directory, you can always create a fake EQ2 install directory with nothing in it, install the ProfitUI zipfile in there to create the basics and point the updater at that. Then after the updater gets the new files you can manually copy them over to the real tree.
Unread 04-11-2008, 10:00 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

The zip file - as explained in the release notes that nobody apparently reads - has the default vertical group window ONLY in the GU44 version (albeit with the group member 3 healthbar bug). The other variants are in the GU43 version. The zip will be updated once I have updated all the variants.
Unread 04-11-2008, 10:58 AM
A Coastal Crab

Default Ref: Keeps Asking For Ip And Port

OK here it is.....I was having same issue where everything I did since this last update I kept on getting a pop up window when I ran ProfitUI Updater...would say needed IP Address and Port so I took it further and looked into what port I was on and tried it but still issues so than I looked into the DSL box I get from Verizon using a xxx.xxx.xxx.x.x number and went into the box and found that the IP address in security under Remote logging did not match my IP address by one number and this was screwing up my Uploads from ProfitUI Updater. Hope this helps.
Unread 04-11-2008, 11:12 AM
A Griffon

Server: Valor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tknarr View Post
If you don't want to let the updater directly write into your EQ2 directory, you can always create a fake EQ2 install directory with nothing in it, install the ProfitUI zipfile in there to create the basics and point the updater at that. Then after the updater gets the new files you can manually copy them over to the real tree.
Actually you don't need to unzip the manual install in there first, since the updater takes care of that. You have to create a file named EverQuest2.exe in there though :P
Unread 04-11-2008, 06:11 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Zip Vs Updater

Ok so basically you're telling me that the zip file for manual install still has files associated with GU43 which are causing this whited out window, and I have to get the updater installed because it can load files that the zip doesn't have which will fix this problem in GU44?
Unread 04-11-2008, 07:49 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Ok so basically you're telling me that the zip file for manual install still has files associated with GU43 which are causing this whited out window, and I have to get the updater installed because it can load files that the zip doesn't have which will fix this problem in GU44?
Bingo. Basically the updater always has the latest versions of the files, the zip file download gets updated once all the bugs are gone and the files are stable or whenever gm9 gets time to repackage and re-upload the whole thing. I've found the updater is the best way to stay in sync.
Unread 04-12-2008, 03:15 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
People are not only ignoring my release notes, now they also ignore my posts. /cries
Unread 04-12-2008, 05:27 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

gm9 - I was finally able to fix my issue, it was a combination of the auto-updater (which I had no reason to ever use before) and the eq2ui_maindhud_experience file.

And just for clarification purposes, I do not "rip parts" of the UI. I simply like to disable certain parts of it. For example, I like the default experience bar, not the large numerical %.

You took the road of ignoring my question based on the assumption I was "ripping out" parts of your UI. That's fine, its your product and I can respect that.

Crash-helmet wearing fanboi's like Sorinth, on the other hand, really do not add anything to, well, anything...

I had a technical question and he chided me for assuming he knew what I was doing and felt the self-centered need to regurgitate his opinion.
Unread 04-12-2008, 05:42 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Ripping out and disabling boil down to the same thing though.

And re Sorinth: there's an abnormally high percentage of posts like yours recently. It can get tiring, so I understand his reaction...
Unread 04-13-2008, 05:21 AM
A Crazed Gnoll

Im new to this UI-thing always used original SOE..so abit noob here...just figured out how to actually use the autoupdater.
But even though i run it the horizontal window ( group ) doesnt get the white squares out...they are still there.
I prefer the horizontal one with larger curebuttons...
The "news" says that all groupwindows now have been updated...but i cant see it on those..therefor i wonder maybe the files ends up in the wrong folder.

this is where profit it: C:\Program\Sony\EverQuest II\UI\ProfitUI

this is what the file directory says: C:\Program\Sony\EverQuest II
Unread 04-13-2008, 07:46 AM
A Coastal Crab

I have the same issue as the original poster. My group window looks just like that screen shot. I use the auto-updater, but that doesn't seem to have fixed it.
I don't think I've ever explicitly set any files to ignore, but what file should I check for to see if maybe that's the issue?

Thanks
Unread 04-13-2008, 11:01 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowyco View Post
I have the same issue as the original poster. My group window looks just like that screen shot. I use the auto-updater, but that doesn't seem to have fixed it.
I don't think I've ever explicitly set any files to ignore, but what file should I check for to see if maybe that's the issue?

Thanks
The group window is eq2ui_mainhud_groupmembers.xml. I got mine from the updater, using the default vertical window, and it works OK for me. I did have to contort things a bit last night to fix the "default vertical gives horizontal" bug, but it looks like gm9's corrected that glitch. What you might want to do is in the variants selection explicitly pick the default window, then delete the eq2ui_mainhud_groupmembers.xml file from your ProfitUI folder and let the updater download it again.
Unread 04-13-2008, 11:03 AM
A Brown Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verrie77 View Post
Im new to this UI-thing always used original SOE..so abit noob here...just figured out how to actually use the autoupdater.
But even though i run it the horizontal window ( group ) doesnt get the white squares out...they are still there.
I prefer the horizontal one with larger curebuttons...
The "news" says that all groupwindows now have been updated...but i cant see it on those..therefor i wonder maybe the files ends up in the wrong folder.
There is a new ZIP File for the horizontal if you manually download the newest version.
I have downloaded that but however not testet till now if that one works.

Btw.: Does anyone know if there's a trick to show the group window if you're not in a group ?

[edit]
Ok .. tested it, looks fine
[/edit]

Last edited by Beldin : 04-13-2008 at 11:19 AM.
Unread 04-13-2008, 11:47 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beldin View Post
Btw.: Does anyone know if there's a trick to show the group window if you're not in a group ?
Alt-G toggles the group window off and on. But there's nothing in it if you're not in a group, so you also need to use F10 to cycle through to the HUD variant that shows black backgrounds for all windows to see where it is.
Unread 04-13-2008, 12:56 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

hello GM9, first time I post here, know that English is not my mother tongue and maybe what will I ask got already an answer !

When do you will upgrade the others group window ? I play with the horizontal but today it's still got some grey square !

Thanks a lot for your great job !
Unread 04-13-2008, 01:32 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Are you sure you got the latest files? They should all be updated.
Unread 04-17-2008, 01:34 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Well I've run the Auto Updater I think it's upgraded I haven't see if they were updated