EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > UI Developer Discussion

Unread 03-25-2008, 01:44 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Market Mod?

Hello, I am a relative newbie when it comes to modding UI's and know only very basic XML but am more than willing to learn on my own. My question concerns the feasibility of a project I would love to work on, but at the moment I am not sure if it is possible to implement, so I turn to everyone here with much greater experience in the matter.

I want to create an add-on that will browse the market based on parameters set by the user, dump the info, parse it, and then display it back to the user. The primary uses for this would be for crafters. For example, let's say you wanted to search for the components for a recipe or set of recipes on the broker and find out which would be the cheapest to make based on current market prices for the components and then compare it against the current going price for the finished product to evaluate quickly what would provide the greatest profit margin.

This would require some interfacing with the market database itself, which I know is possible in other games (WoW, for instance) but I am not sure if EQ2 would allow such a thing, and have not been able to turn up any information regarding it.

Now, I realize that when building a UI in EQ2 you basically have to work within the framework provided by SOE, so my question to those of you who have worked with it for some time, is this idea even feasible? Or are we essentially limited to just changing the ways various windows look?

Any responses would be appreciated.
Unread 03-25-2008, 01:51 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Oasis

Good idea but it just simply isn't possible to do in EQ2. Because of the limited data SOE gives us.
Unread 03-25-2008, 03:27 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle

I was afraid this might be the case. Is there any support at all for searching the broker? Or just in the presentation of the window?
Unread 03-25-2008, 04:47 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Oasis

What you see in the list is all the data you can get at one time. SOE is slowly letting more and more data out, so who knows what will be possible around the corner.