EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Help!?!?!

Unread 01-13-2005, 11:37 PM
A Darkpaw Brute

Default Chat colors

Opened up the chat colors tonight and didn't save before exiting. I had to take about 20 mins resetting them and still don't have them as they were.
My question is does anyone know which file contains the chat color info so I can back it up along with my ini file?
Thanks,
Feebb
Unread 01-14-2005, 12:38 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Toxxulia

your character ini file keeps color settings. I read only all my character in files once i have them set where I like. That way nothing can change.
Unread 01-14-2005, 09:06 AM
A Darkpaw Brute

Quote:
Originally Posted by depechenode
your character ini file keeps color settings. I read only all my character in files once i have them set where I like. That way nothing can change.
I think you are wrong since restoring the ini did not fix the colors.
Feebb
Unread 01-14-2005, 10:40 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Toxxulia

hmmm.. well I read only all my .ini files for EQ2. If i need to make a change, I unreadonly the file, make change, then verifiy it updated the file. Then I re-readonly. My chat colors always stay, any chat boxes always stay and everything else I setup remains the way I want. Not sure why you can't do the same
Unread 01-14-2005, 01:22 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle

When you change all your colors in game, are you hitting the Ok button, or hitting the X button on the window? I know a few times I've hit X instead, which doesn't save your changes.
Unread 01-14-2005, 02:05 PM
A Darkpaw Brute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumstix42
When you change all your colors in game, are you hitting the Ok button, or hitting the X button on the window? I know a few times I've hit X instead, which doesn't save your changes.
I believe it not only doesn't save the changes but actually resets them to default if you forget to click accept. I still would like to know where these settings are stored so i casn back them up...so far I've read that the chat colors, hotkeys, keymap, and I think, spellbook are not save in the eq2ui_<servername> <charactername>.ini file.
Feebb
Unread 01-24-2005, 11:00 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

I play the game on 2 different machines in 2 different states (NY & FL). If I changer my chat colors on one machine, they also are changed on the other the next time I boot that one up to play. This leads me to believe that chat color info is held on SOE's servers, rather than locally.
Unread 01-25-2005, 03:05 AM
A Green Troll
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Blackburrow

I've also noticed color changes are saved for the toon you're on and do carry over to other toons, so long as you don't open the options window. If I make this mistake on an alt, logging back to my main does restore my custom colors.
Unread 01-25-2005, 04:39 AM
A Brown Bear

And to back up the posts above mine... I have totally deleted the entire Sony folder and had my chat colors and my hotbar settings still as I left them before. So ya, I also agree that this data is stored on their servers.