Default DoV Beta?

Is profit being updated for beta?

Pretty please
Unread 01-11-2011, 02:38 AM
Bacon Eater
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Admin
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

UI's aren't normally updated for private beta's due to NDA's. I believe I read some where there wont be a public beta for DoV.
Unread 01-11-2011, 07:22 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Nagafen

I am not in this beta. Makes it hard to update it . I did update it for sf beta but I was in that one. Once the nda is lifted zip up the default ui directory and send it to me and I can make any necessary changes before it goes live.

Silat

Last edited by TalTal : 01-11-2011 at 07:31 AM.
Unread 01-11-2011, 01:06 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest

I'm in the beta, and I can get a copy of the UI files as soon as the NDA permits. I'm also going to try current Profit there and see if there's any obvious issues.
Unread 01-11-2011, 04:49 PM
A Dervish Cutthroat

Server: Guk

Current profit works fine, I am using it.

Maps also work fine.
Unread 01-11-2011, 04:50 PM
A Dervish Cutthroat

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalTal View Post
I am not in this beta. Makes it hard to update it . I did update it for sf beta but I was in that one. Once the nda is lifted zip up the default ui directory and send it to me and I can make any necessary changes before it goes live.

Silat
Will do, thanks for the reply
Unread 01-24-2011, 07:27 PM
A Mist Grinnin

Server: Everfrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madmoxi View Post
Current profit works fine, I am using it.

Maps also work fine.
Tested here as well and not finding any issues so far.
Unread 01-25-2011, 09:31 AM
A Griffon

As the others: limited testing so far, but nothing obviously broken.

-= Therendil =-
Unread 01-27-2011, 11:02 PM
A Griffon

I am seeing some cosmetic problems in the player info window. Level info does not display correctly when a character is at the current cap of 90. This works fine on the live servers but in the beta, the small readouts in the upper left corner for progress in current level display something like ...MIN... It's a bit hard to see clearly. The large numeral display for current level appears to be trying to display something that won't fit. Can't tell what is is because I think I'm seeing only part of the digits.

Have also noted that I have to minimize then maximize to get the control panel to appear in the default maximized view. This only happens once, the first time I load setting for a character.

Anyone else having issues? My beta setup is symlinked off my main, so I know the client is seeing the same files.

-= Therendil =-
Unread 01-27-2011, 11:52 PM
A Mist Grinnin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therendil View Post
I am seeing some cosmetic problems in the player info window. Level info does not display correctly when a character is at the current cap of 90. This works fine on the live servers but in the beta, the small readouts in the upper left corner for progress in current level display something like ...MIN... It's a bit hard to see clearly. The large numeral display for current level appears to be trying to display something that won't fit. Can't tell what is is because I think I'm seeing only part of the digits.

Have also noted that I have to minimize then maximize to get the control panel to appear in the default maximized view. This only happens once, the first time I load setting for a character.

Anyone else having issues? My beta setup is symlinked off my main, so I know the client is seeing the same files.

-= Therendil =-
Hmm I can't think what could be causing that. I'm not having any of those type of issues at all. I've switched from windowed to full screen and back again and it adjusts just fine. I don't have a very technical background on this addon so maybe someone can suggest what might be going wrong for you.
Unread 01-28-2011, 10:03 AM
A Griffon
Featured

I've experienced the same issue. I will see about getting it fixed soon and post an update in the beta forums. If you notice anything else let me know.

Silat
Unread 01-28-2011, 06:42 PM
A Griffon

A little follow-up to my previous post.....

I have confirmed that I am seeing the string _MIN.-... display in place of the percentage-of-progress number for the current level. Have also confirmed that the large numeral display is trying to display the same thing.

I haven't noticed any other problems so far. I've been doing lots of testing of quests and thus doing tradeskills as well as other activities. This is the only anomaly I've noted so far.

-= Therendil =-
Unread 01-28-2011, 07:08 PM
A Dervish Cutthroat

Quote:
I've experienced the same issue. I will see about getting it fixed soon and post an update in the beta forums. If you notice anything else let me know.

Silat
Are you in beta now? if so I'd love to see profit updated, there are a number of things not working in beta =/
Unread 01-28-2011, 08:25 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Please list anything you have found not to work. I know some new dynamic data is missing from the persona and bottom bars but the only error I have noticed is the one listed here with the xp window.

Silat
Unread 01-28-2011, 08:32 PM
A Dervish Cutthroat

Journal window doesn't work, you can't add to collections without using the default.
The /finditem function isn't present

That's all I can think of for now, and honestly that's probably all there is.
Unread 01-28-2011, 11:45 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Will check those things out. Thanks for listing them. If you catch anything else let me know.

Silat
Unread 01-29-2011, 03:25 PM
A Mist Grinnin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suziekew View Post
Hmm I can't think what could be causing that. I'm not having any of those type of issues at all. I've switched from windowed to full screen and back again and it adjusts just fine. I don't have a very technical background on this addon so maybe someone can suggest what might be going wrong for you.
Just as a followup to my last post: I'm so sorry. I was thinking of the area where the large numbers are and not the very top bar. Yes, I do have the MIN there for the combat exp. Also, I don't know if this is game or interface, but on the character sheet on the portrait it says Weight: [DEVL] Nothing else so far tho that hasn't been reported. I'll keep testing.
Unread 01-29-2011, 05:09 PM
A Mist Grinnin

I hope someone can help me verify an issue I've just discovered with the click to cure buttons. It works fine in the regular game but in beta I'm getting "This spell or ability is no longer available" even tho I do have focused potions in my pack. Anyone else getting this?
Unread 01-29-2011, 08:32 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Just as a followup to my last post: I'm so sorry. I was thinking of the area where the large numbers are and not the very top bar. Yes, I do have the MIN there for the combat exp. Also, I don't know if this is game or interface, but on the character sheet on the portrait it says Weight: [DEVL] Nothing else so far tho that hasn't been reported. I'll keep testing.
It would violate the nda to say why but this is to be expected. It will be removed when patched.

Silat
Unread 02-01-2011, 08:30 PM
A Griffon

Been hearing comments in chat the folks using ProfitUI can't access the new event calendar. Not sure if that's true or if you'd heard about that yet.

Otherwise, the only issue I've noticed is that 4-digit health and power regen values seem to overflow the space in the stat bar in the upper left. May not be a new issue; I've never had characters with that level of regen before.

-= Therendil =-
Unread 02-01-2011, 11:14 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therendil View Post
Been hearing comments in chat the folks using ProfitUI can't access the new event calendar. Not sure if that's true or if you'd heard about that yet.

Otherwise, the only issue I've noticed is that 4-digit health and power regen values seem to overflow the space in the stat bar in the upper left. May not be a new issue; I've never had characters with that level of regen before.

-= Therendil =-
Thanks for pointing that out. I'll put it on the list.

Silat
Unread 02-02-2011, 02:22 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Just posted a patch for profit in the beta forums. It should fix almost everything. I did not fix the xp display because I am hoping the gamedata gets reverted to the old behavior. If it does not I will work around it before it goes live.

If you see anything else post patch let me know.

Silat
Unread 02-03-2011, 10:46 PM
A Mist Grinnin

Quote:
Just posted a patch for profit in the beta forums. It should fix almost everything. I did not fix the xp display because I am hoping the gamedata gets reverted to the old behavior. If it does not I will work around it before it goes live.

If you see anything else post patch let me know.

Silat
Did you take the file down? I looked for it but can't find it anywhere.
Unread 02-04-2011, 10:46 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Did you take the file down? I looked for it but can't find it anywhere.
No. Go to soe's beta forums. Go to graphics and ui. Near the top you will see profitui as a heading. Click the topic. Download from the link.

Silat