EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > EQ2MAP > EQ2Map Troubleshooting

Unread 11-19-2008, 11:41 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Frustration to the MAX

I played EQ2 for a long time, but got out of game a year ago. When I returned, I noticed that the map updater wouldn't work. Continued to get the same message over and over, telling me that it wouldn't install. Even when I went to Window's update, same message and no fixed or workign version of NET 2.0.

After countless hours of swearing like it was my job, I finally gave up on the updater version. I can't unistall or repair .NET 2.0. It's a mystery. I know I put at least 6 straight hours into it, and have given up. I think the only solution is to reinstall XP.

Regardless, I have sold myself on the idea of just using the manual version. After all, it's only a little time every day to manually get the update. However, I searched high and low, and couldn't find the instructions on how to download, install, unzip, etc.. I attempted to put them in the SONY maps folder, but no POIs when I entered the game. I'm not sure which folder to put them in, or exacty waht I need to do get them in their proper place.

Any help, ANY at all, would be very much appreciated. I'm about to my breaking point. Playing EQ2 without the POIs is like running about naked with your pants down. PLEASE, Save me!! (and, if possible, just a little detail on how to do it. I'm not computer illiterate, but I don't get scholarship offers of Ivy League school for my computer wits either).
Unread 11-20-2008, 02:52 AM
EQ2MAP Developer
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Splitpaw

If you can't get it to work , please try Landiins version:
http://www.eq2interface.com/download...2Henchman.html
Unread 11-30-2008, 06:21 AM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Antonia Bayle

thx very much i had the same problem, now i can play with eq2map