EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Unread 04-30-2008, 12:16 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

Server: Test
Default GU45 live on Test today

All the improvements to bank slots..shared coin, more slots etc. You will not be able to see these unless you delete EQ2UI_INVENTORY_BANK . XML also will need to delete EQ2UI_INVENTORY_INVENTRY . XML in order to eat and drink

Last edited by fxdb : 04-30-2008 at 08:16 PM.
Unread 05-01-2008, 12:32 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Thanks. Interesting info about the inventory, since that file was not changed I would never have caught it.
Unread 05-01-2008, 01:08 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Fix for the inventory is on the updater now.
Unread 05-01-2008, 01:36 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

New GU45 compatible bank window is on the updater now as well (the new features will not work on live servers of course).

That means if you use the updater you do not need to delete anything now.

EDIT to add: Small world, seems Seagoat had the same idea about how to design the window, her new version looks strikingly similar to mine. Hers was first though, although I've only seen it now.

Last edited by gm9 : 05-01-2008 at 01:54 PM.
Unread 05-01-2008, 02:32 PM
A Griffon

Server: Antonia Bayle

Seem to be having a problem with the new inventory window. I can use the 'b' key to open all the bags, but when I double click on one of the bags in the inventory it will not open. Anyone else seeing this issue?
Unread 05-01-2008, 03:22 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Crushbone

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9 View Post
EDIT to add: Small world, seems Seagoat had the same idea about how to design the window, her new version looks strikingly similar to mine. Hers was first though, although I've only seen it now.
GMTA! No worries.
Unread 05-01-2008, 06:37 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjsi View Post
Seem to be having a problem with the new inventory window. I can use the 'b' key to open all the bags, but when I double click on one of the bags in the inventory it will not open. Anyone else seeing this issue?
same problem here cant figure out how to solve it
Unread 05-01-2008, 06:39 PM
A Coastal Crab

Yes, having same problem unable to open bags from inventory screen. Also cannot select Show Appearance. Other guild members have same issue.

Thanks,
Daevic - 80 Inquisitor
Unread 05-01-2008, 08:19 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Same problem here with the bags and show appearance, i.e:
- can open all backpacks by hitting 'B' key, but they won't open via double-left click
- left-clicking on the 'show appearance' button on inventory window does not open the appearance slots

And I still can't see the extra 4 additional bank slots and the 4 extra shared bank slots. I deleted the entire ProfitUI folder, and re-installed it using the auto-updater (used to do it manually) and still no go on the extra bank slots. And yes, i deleted my test-toonname-uisettings file too so i had to pick the settings from the pop-up window when loading the game.
Unread 05-02-2008, 01:37 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

I had dropped the updated files into the wrong folder without noticing, so they did not go on the updater.

Correct files are online now.
Unread 05-02-2008, 09:02 AM
A Berserk Golem

Server: Permafrost

Since updating this morning and getting the new bank window, I can not close the bank window via the X in the upper right corner. Instead I must right click and choose close. Is anyone else seeing this issue?

[edited for spelling]
Unread 05-02-2008, 09:16 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Oh, good point, I knew I forgot something. Will fix tonight.
Unread 05-02-2008, 09:31 AM
A Crazed Gnoll

The inventory patch works a treat. however.. on Test, the Bank window pops up an incompatible version warning.. then you cannot access bank at all. Says you're too busy.

Client ver is 4837T pushed yesterday evening. is NOT a show stopper, will have to just use the wretched default bank window for a bit
Unread 05-02-2008, 09:55 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Must be new, I tested the bank window on the test server this morning to be sure I was pushing the correct file this time. They probably added a version tag to the bank window in today's patch. Will fix this tonight as well.

PS: I'm of a mind to add version="9999" to all my modded windows so SOE can no longer disable them, the disadvantages of the version tag seem to outweigh the advantages most of the time.

Last edited by gm9 : 05-02-2008 at 09:58 AM.
Unread 05-02-2008, 11:28 AM
A Griffon

Server: Valor

Quote:
the disadvantages of the version tag seem to outweigh the advantages most of the time.
Til the UI gets abandoned :P

Actually versioning works quite well when the files hit the live servers. Testserver has its name for a reason i guess....
Unread 05-02-2008, 11:37 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Oasis

Quote:
Must be new, I tested the bank window on the test server this morning to be sure I was pushing the correct file this time. They probably added a version tag to the bank window in today's patch. Will fix this tonight as well.

PS: I'm of a mind to add version="9999" to all my modded windows so SOE can no longer disable them, the disadvantages of the version tag seem to outweigh the advantages most of the time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoltaroth-SOE View Post
* Increased Bank Slots by 4
* Increased / Combined Shared bank to a total of 8
* Added Shared Coin
* Bumped Version to 2.0
You should read the Dev Shack forums here more gm9.
Unread 05-02-2008, 11:42 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaldran View Post
Til the UI gets abandoned :P
And how would the version tag help you then?

The reason I said the above was that there have been several instances in the past where SOE has bumped up the version number, thus disabling ProfitUI windows without that version number, although no changes were necessary to my windows or even if changes were necessary, the old file would still have worked and would only have been missing some functionality.

Btw I could have known about the upcoming version number, I now saw that Zoltaroth posted about it here, they must simply have forgotten it in the last update.
Unread 05-02-2008, 11:43 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landiin View Post
You should read the Dev Shack forums here more gm9.
bah, don't ninja post while I'm typing.

And I was in Chicago this week, only came back on Thursday, so I missed some posts. Should have slept off my jetlag that day instead of pushing the wrong files.
Unread 05-02-2008, 10:59 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gedron View Post
Since updating this morning and getting the new bank window, I can not close the bank window via the X in the upper right corner. Instead I must right click and choose close. Is anyone else seeing this issue?
I'm seeing the same thing on Live with the updated inventory and bank window files installed. The extra box rows and the shared-coin bank appear, but there's no button to open all bank boxes and the close "X" won't work. I reverted back to the previous versions (I normally use Seagoat's inventory window, but I figured having the default Profit one in there would be the only valid way to test the new stuff) and all's fine now.

Given that I prefer Seagoat's, is having eq2ui_inventory_inventory.xml not from Profit expected to break anything?
Unread 05-03-2008, 03:41 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Bank window is fixed on the updater. If you prefer Seagoat's version, that's perfectly fine though, that window currently has no interdependency.
Unread 05-03-2008, 07:07 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

Wellllllll {scratches head } its ALMOST fixed. The shared coin amount shown in the bank window is actually that characters coin in the bank. No shared coin shows up in the window. As far as i can tell, its all going to the right places.. just the window doesnt reflect it.

CLARIFICATION :: Everything appears to be working mechanically. the problem is the plat only amount display in the shared coin of bank window. Put a plat in .. total shows zero.. put a plat in that characters bank in the non shared area.. bank window now displays 1 plat in BOTH shared and non shared. Other coin denominations work nicely and display properly. Even though the shared plat amount shows zero, the coin IS there and can be manipulated normally.

Last edited by fxdb : 05-04-2008 at 09:14 AM.
Unread 05-05-2008, 09:08 AM
A Crazed Gnoll

found a fix for the Bank Window Shared Coin display. Opening eq2_ui_inventory_bank.xml in Notepad++ line 42 change
/GameData.Coins.BankCoin_3 to /GameData.Coins.SharedCoin_3

Tha was scarey... Us "Button Pushers" have no business delving into the inner workings of stuff. Especially if we just happen to get it right. It makes us think we can do it again
Unread 05-05-2008, 09:26 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by fxdb View Post
found a fix for the Bank Window Shared Coin display. Opening eq2_ui_inventory_bank.xml in Notepad++ line 42 change
/GameData.Coins.BankCoin_3 to /GameData.Coins.SharedCoin_3

Tha was scarey... Us "Button Pushers" have no business delving into the inner workings of stuff. Especially if we just happen to get it right. It makes us think we can do it again
I'm pretty sure I pushed this fix out yesterday already, didn't I? Don't tell me I got the wrong file again...
Unread 05-05-2008, 04:03 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

ummmmmmm... no... you done good. pulled up updater on other machine just as i was finishing the " I found a fix " post and saw the updated bank file.

"Button Pusher" I are