Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Closed Thread
Unread 11-14-2007, 02:49 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Well I guess it's obvious what happened, everybody tried to get their hands on the files at the same time and the server couldn't handle it. The userbase has just become a little too big. Eq2interface.com seemed to have the same issue for a while.

PS: Or Kaldran just pulled the plug before going to bed like he does every night so dragowulf can't get the updates.
Unread 11-14-2007, 04:53 AM
A Griffon

Server: Valor

Actually it is not that obvious. It _could_ have run out of memory on the initial burst of connections, but then it usually just drops connections randomly and floods the error log. Since it is not running a stable version anyway, I would call this a random crash. I did benchmark it several times before it went live and it can handle a lot more connections than now (around factor 15 to 20).
Unread 11-14-2007, 04:58 AM
A Griffon

Server: Valor

I also get status reports every morning. Today they came in way too late. Guess something went wrong while rotating log files. Cant check that right now since I an at work and cannot access the internet from my place...
Unread 11-14-2007, 05:03 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Well in that case I guess it was just bad timing. But also we never before had so many connections on the server in such a short time. By far.

And re your last sentence: welcome to my world, hehe.
Unread 11-14-2007, 08:43 AM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Antonia Bayle

So should I continue to sit here and keep trying the updater over and over or does it not work?

I already deleted the files, etc. per a previous post but still can't access in game mail, HP/PP bar, etc.
Unread 11-14-2007, 08:51 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

They updater server is up and running again since this morning, you can use the updater just fine. Alternatively you can always get the manual download from this site.
Closed Thread