Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Closed Thread
Unread 10-20-2007, 01:03 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Default Changelog ProfitUI 3.4.1 -> 4.1

Alright, I finally managed to type up a changelog, trying to list what has changed since 3.4.1, the last version with a full changelog. Note the date and the version number, this is to indicate that not all of this is in the 4.0.2 manual install. It should be identical to what's available via the updater though. Manual install will follow shortly once a couple of things are sorted out (and things may yet be added until then, I just thought I'd post it while it's fresh). Also note that the FAQ's have not been updated yet (even though they are linked in places).

Changelog 3.4.1 - 4.1 (21 October 2007)

There have been a couple of intermediate releases between these two. Trying to reconstruct here what was done:

Leaving ProfitUI 3.x behind, ProfitUI 4.x is upon us
Delete your ProfitUI folder if upgrading from a version below 4.x as a number of files have been deleted/renamed. This includes some .txt files - edit the new files with your old data.

Note to those that had installed version 4.0 - delete eq2ui_mainhud_map.xml from your ProfitUI folder unless you are also an EQ2MAP user. That file had been in the 4.0 archive and should not have been.

Also delete eq2ui_hud_slider.xml, wasn't supposed to be there.

New skin style
  • I got tired of looking at the old default button style. So we've got a completely redone skin using new rectangular buttons and a new brushed aluminium background image. Sliderbars are (partly) redone as well.
  • Full skinpack to come for these, still sorting out some issues with the graphics encoding before making that one. As always, if you want a custom color, just let me know, always happy to add one.
  • The skin style I had for ProfitUI 2.8-3.x will be updated and made available as "ProfitUI Classic" (it's not really classic, ProfitUI < 2.8 had a different skin) skins as well. You can still use them in their current form, but note that the new /pet hide button on the startbar (see below) will be invisible, as will be the maximize button on the LoN window.

Bags
  • Default bag window (only) in titlebar mode still will be cut off at the bottom when you move items in it. The advantage is that you can have some bags in titlebar mode and some not.
  • No cutting off occurs in the new optional _eq2ui_inventory_bag (fixed titlebars).zip in your ProfitUI folder. The downside is that you cannot turn titlebars off in this one.

Beneficial / Detrimental Effects windows
  • Beneficial and detrimental spell effects on you are now shown in separate windows (if your server has GU39)
  • Both windows now have two variants each, one that sorts top to bottom and one that sorts bottom to top. Extract the respective files in your ProfitUI folder.

Bottom Bar
  • New optional full version of the bottom bar displaying all information at once - you will need a screen width of at least 1740 pixels to display this properly. Extract _ProfitUI_BottomBar (1740+).zip in your ProfitUI folder to use.

Browser
  • Fixed the first line of bookmarks being unclickable
  • This line is still kept empty in the default bookmarks because it will be clicked when then bookmarks close on you inadvertantly.

Chat Window
  • Added requested chat window variant with tabs on bottom - extract _eq2ui_mainhud_mainchat (tabs on bottom).zip if you want that
  • Chat window now has small buttons to move tabs left or right when they will otherwise not fit on the window.
  • Added frame and titelbar mode to also allow chat entry (it's identical to setting it to none). Hopefully this eases the pain of people not reading the installation instructions. You've now got a 66% chance to get it right.

Compass
  • Compass graphics have been cleaned up a bit with a different font that should be better to read.
  • Just noting in view of a recent discussion that the ProfitUI compass is exact. :P

Group Window
  • Click-to-cure is now using subclass specifc cures.
  • Configure the cures for your subclass in _ProfitUI_Cures.txt in your ProfitUI folder.
    Example: If you are a Coercer, you will find this line:

<Data Name="Coercer" TraumaCure="NONE" ArcaneCure="Cure Arcane" NoxiousCure="NONE" ElementalCure="NONE"/>

A coercer has a spell to cure arcane impairments (named Cure Arcane - if you want to use a different spell, write that spell name instead).
    A coercer cannot cure any other impairment. That is why NONE is written for those. If you write NONE (and only then) it will try to cure such impairments on yourself using a potion from your inventory:
  • You can now define two sets of potions for potion curing. Example:

<Data Name="TraumaPotion" potionvdl_1="-1126736947" potionvdl_2="-292985664"/>

When you have defined NONE as your cure spell, the UI will try to first your with potionvdl_1 and, if that is not found in your inventory, with potionvdl_2. Check the FAQ on how to configure the VDL numbers representing the potions.
  • If you need to define more than two sets of potions let me know, it would be not big deal to add more.
  • Added Q and C buttons to either queue cures or - for those urgent situatons - to cancel any ongoing spellcast so you can begin casting your cure immediately. The default is set to queue cures. You can change the default in the file _ProfitUI_Cures.txt in this line:

<Data Name="CancelSpellcast" Value="false"/>

You can set this to either false or true.
  • Quick Raid Buttons are now also on the group window placed above each group member. These are fully customizable with any macro you want and provide a subclass specific set of macros. A predefined set of 3 macros for each subclass at level 70 is provided. If you are lower level you will need to define your own. Check the FAQ on how to customize the buttons in the file _ProfitUI_QuickRaidButtons.txt in your ProfitUI folder.
  • The default vertical group window has 5 buttons, the other variants only 3 so far and will be updated in the future.
  • Targeting yourself on the group window works again
  • The compact versions of the group window have been slightly restyled to be more in line with the default versions.

InfoCenter
  • Since Milquetowst is currently no longer updating the InfoCenter it will now be maintained by myself within ProfitUI and the file has been renamed accordingly and moved out of the Journals tree. The files eq2ui_journals.xml and eq2ui_journals_infocenter.xml have been removed from the UI.
  • Minimizing has been brought in line with the ProfitUI style of doing it - minimizing now hides the entire window, use the startbutton to minimize/restore it (deal with it).
  • Added a maximize button
  • Removed the socials tab since it was redundant
  • I will not be adding any info by myself but if you bring me usable text files in the usual InfoCenter style/format for, e.g. SoD, I will add them.

Inventory Window
  • Click the "Show Appearance" text to have the window expand and show appearance slots.
  • Appearance slots have a red color tinting to allow you to tell them easier apart from the "real" inventory slots, in particular on the compact inventory version.
  • Yes, the large inventory version moves to the right when appearance slots are shown, possibly hiding part of the window if you have it arranged at the right side of the screen. Deal with it, I like it that way - there is nothing on the hidden side of the window that can be put into appearance slots anway.

Login/Shutdown Windows
  • As requested, the account name of your toon is now listed in a separate column so it is easier to see.
  • Shutdown window now camps to Server.Charactername as it was reported to cause issues for people with multiple toons with identical names on different servers otherwise.
  • Added new button "Skip to Login w/o Camping" to get to the login screen without camping. Basically a faster way to log on to a different account SOE has still not fixed the way to do it directly. Clicking this brings you immediately to the login screen where you can immediately log into your other account. If you try to log onto a different character on the same account you will likely get an "account in use" error message.

Main Window
  • Spam page added a while ago

Maintained Window
  • Remaining charges/ward amount added!
  • Icon-only versions that show duration on the window have been added (this is basically Killarny's maintained window that I had fixed a while ago adapted for ProfitUI use). Extract the respective variant you want (currently left, left slim, right, right slim, duration only, duration only slim).

Persona Window
  • Some data was hidden and had to scrolled into view. Fixed.
  • You can now decline LoN invitations.

Player Window
  • Subclass specific curing code as on the group window (see above)
  • New window settings modes. Setting frame and title to none will now hide inactive parts of the window, i.e. the parts for target and implied target only show up if needed just as the read target/implied target windows.
  • Frame Only mode is the old always visible mode
  • Use the backdrop sliders to control the blue backdrop.
  • Use the frame sliders to control visibility of the small Self-Target-Implied titles
  • The "self" part now shows both health and power percentage.

Quest Helper
  • The buttons and the dropdown for recent and last updated quests have finally been finished and are now shown by default when you mouse over the titlebar of the quest helper window.
  • The dropdown style was based on Calain80's work who had helped out with an optional quest helper mod for ProfitUI for the longest time as I was too lazy to get it finished. Thanks for the help!

Raid Window
  • Quick Raid Buttons as on the group window (see above). These appear on mouse-over on top of the health/power bars.
  • The raid window has a set of 5 buttons
  • Cure buttons as on the group window. These will not light up even for your own group (SOE does not provide the necessary data)!
  • The window applies the default cancel spellcasts setting defined in _ProfitUI_Cures.txt (see above). If you want to toggle it during the raid you can do that via the buttons on the group window, they work for both group and raid window.
  • To hide the cure buttons, either go to window settings and set frame to none, or - if you like the titlebars - click the minimize button on the first group's titlebar that appears on mouse-over at the right of the bar. The first variant saves, the second variant must be done every raid unless you just resize your raid window to hide the cures that way.
  • The frame around the raid window is now controlled exclusively by the frame sliders in windowsettings

Socials Window
  • Setting mood to "none" now also works with French and German localized versions (due to the persisting encoding problems of the UI engine it will not work with Japanese (or Russian) versions)
  • Added /mood afraid which was mysteriously missing

Sound Controls Window
  • Amended the sound control window with all sound types there are in game - you will need to resize the window to see them (default uisettings not yet updated for this)
  • Something I always forgot to fix: The sound control window will now display the actual correct value of all your sound settings when you open it - the sliders remain at the leftmost position though, there is no way around that

Startbutton Panel
  • There is now a button to /hide pet to get rid of those pesky deity pets. If you raid with those visible you should be kicked from the raid IMO...

Timer Window
  • The default timer settings from _ProfitUI_Timerdefaults.txt will now be loaded.
  • The /testcopy bug had come out of hiding and was chased off again.

Click-to-search
  • EQ2i link fixed
  • If you had your own bookmarks defined, please copy you <Data ... lines into the new default file, otherwise they will stop working.

Last edited by gm9 : 10-28-2007 at 07:04 AM. Reason: typo
Unread 10-21-2007, 11:25 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Version 4.1 will be uploaded in a moment. I updated the changelog above. The changes over the changelog preview that was posted yesterday in a nutshell:
  • Judging from feedback the issues with cures and the buttons now been resolved for everyone. Phew...
  • You now get two more Quick Raid Buttons for a total of five. These are currently available on the raid window and the default vertical group window. The file _ProfitUI_QuickRaidButtons.txt was amended accordingly, but has no actual macros defined for the two additional buttons.
  • The new graphics have been tweaked some more. Additionally, you can again use the old skinpack. It has not been updated yet, but the only graphics missing now are the new /pet hide button on the startbar and the maximise button on the LoN window. I'll still update it in the future.
  • Some minor tweaks, fixes and changes, nothing too interesting.
Unread 10-22-2007, 12:45 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle

Much thanks! was going to ask about the skinpack, but again you beat me to it.
Unread 10-22-2007, 05:11 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

I didn't mind the blue skin with the last update, but it's nice to have the old ones working again. Thanks for the fixes
Unread 10-27-2007, 06:41 PM
A Sea Turtle

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default impairments showing on u warning

I have updated my UI to the most current update, but when i zone into any zone i get this big pop up window that tells me I need to update my UI or I will not see impairments on myself. Any one else have this problem or know a fix for it?? Thanks for help in advance.
Unread 10-27-2007, 07:22 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Reinstall the UI, you don't have the current version installed correctly.
Closed Thread