EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > XML Modification Help & Info

Unread 11-27-2006, 06:21 PM
A Young Mystail Rat
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default UIBuilder errors in UI.log

I did some searching and didnt find any prev posts on this. (doesn't mean there isn't any )

To start:
I completely deleted the UI folder and let EQ2 patcher re-add the Default folders there.

Now ran UIBuilder and Select EQ2ui.xml

Then close UIBuilder.

UI.log now contains a bunch of errors that it could not find and/or load files.

Most of these files I can find in other mods. Fetish had chatbubble.dds etc..

Any Ideas on what I could be doing wrong?
Attached Files
File Type: zip ui.zip (544 Bytes, 239 views)
Unread 11-27-2006, 06:40 PM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone

Did you chose to save your workspace?
Unread 11-27-2006, 08:02 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default UIBuilder

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordebon
Did you chose to save your workspace?
Those errors occure when I open UIBuilder. (well, open the actual xml file)

I tried to save workspace and it never exited application. Was able to File/exit and not save to exit UIBuilder.

I deleted the UIBuilder.zip and let the patcher re-add it.. unziped overtop and same results.

I did verify that all files in the directory are read/write. I removed the read only option on any file that had it.

Last edited by Frostfire101 : 11-27-2006 at 08:17 PM.
Unread 11-28-2006, 02:40 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

I always had errors in the log, I just ignore them. /shrugs
Unread 11-28-2006, 03:46 PM
A Griffon

I never save workspace. Doesn't seem to save anything, just hang your computer for a few seconds. So far, I've not had any problems with not saving the workspace, and everything appears where I left off when I reopen a UI.
Unread 11-28-2006, 05:24 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default UIBuilder errors in UI.log

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arremis
I never save workspace. Doesn't seem to save anything, just hang your computer for a few seconds. So far, I've not had any problems with not saving the workspace, and everything appears where I left off when I reopen a UI.
Yes, I was having the same problem. I re-installed from dvd on a new computer and did the updates. I can now save workspace on exit, and it will exit cleanly. I still get the same list of errors in the ui.log file.

I compressed the clean copy for future use and file compares.

I guess that should be a request. For Sony to clear up those errors. It will make it easier to spot errors I create when modding.

The weird thing is some of the files it reports as missing or with errors I can find in other modds. (ie. chatbubble.dds, buttons.dds, logo.dds - ProfitUI 3.2)
Also, images/windowelements.dds and tints/human_male.dds are there but getting errors in the log.
Unread 11-28-2006, 05:32 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Server: Oasis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostfire101
Yes, I was having the same problem. I re-installed from dvd on a new computer and did the updates. I can now save workspace on exit, and it will exit cleanly. I still get the same list of errors in the ui.log file.

I compressed the clean copy for future use and file compares.

I guess that should be a request. For Sony to clear up those errors. It will make it easier to spot errors I create when modding.

The weird thing is some of the files it reports as missing or with errors I can find in other modds. (ie. chatbubble.dds, buttons.dds, logo.dds - ProfitUI 3.2)
Also, images/windowelements.dds and tints/human_male.dds are there but getting errors in the log.
Them are files gm9 have recolored or what not, they are also in the default. You will find a lot of the files it reports as missing because the UIBuilder seems to ignore the file extension and search for extensions .dds, png, tga etc. Files that are pushed by the server will also not be find like the old $paperdoll.

I don't really mind the errors of missing files I just wish they would add what line the error accord on. But yea, cleaning up their errors would be good.
Unread 11-28-2006, 06:03 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landiin
Them are files gm9 have recolored or what not
Nope, it wasn't me.
Unread 11-28-2006, 06:14 PM
Fetish Core author
Featured

Server: Crushbone

Yeah.

But you have to remember the difference between a Development tool (like UIBuilder) and a production piece, something intended for use by everyone (NWN's Aurora Toolset comes to mind).

UIBuilder is something SOE uses that they're nice enough to provide to the modding community. They've said that it's most certainly not 'supported' and it's certainly far from perfect... but it works (most of the time, hehe). And it's certainly a lot easier than hand-editing the XML for big things.

The people actually using it are few compared to the people who play the game. Yeah it spits out errors, but as long as they're not critical or anything we can live with them. I'm just happy we get UIBuilder =)
Unread 12-04-2006, 07:42 AM
A Rumbleroot Sapling

the default UI contains lots of styles that aren't used anywhere. or styles used by windows that aren't used ingame. those styles often have references to images not provided via the patcher anymore. some still have them back from beta.

just ignore the log