EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > EQ2MAP

Unread 09-06-2006, 08:20 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default EQ2Map updater: user agent and proxy

Hi,

I've been using eq2map for a loong time but just tried auto-updater yesterday. Seems like manual version is way outdated?

Anyways, I've had significant problems with the updater (not because of updater, but because of my configuration). I'm not sure updater is even being developed now, but in case it is, a couple of things that could help a lot are:

- Option to connect directly instead of using IE proxy settings.
- Add user-agent header to the HTTP request.

The reason I would like to have those things is because I'm using content-altering proxy for my browsing needs (Proxomitron if anyone cares). This content altering interferes with updater severely. I could've established "bypass" mode for the updater, but updater also doesn't supply any user-agent identification that I could use as a basis for differentiating between updater and other software that goes through that proxy.
Unread 09-10-2006, 08:52 AM
A small badger.
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

Server: Splitpaw

Hi,

I have to taks of re-developing the updater, but I kind of over-designed it and scared myself. Until I have finished it I have attempted to make a version that has a user agent for accessing the site. VB is not my language so I may have missed something, feel free to let me know of any issues.

To use it simply replace the .exe file with the one attached (might want to backup the old one jsut in case) and try running it again. In theory whenever it goes off to the web it will have a user agent of:

"eq2mapupdater"

Let me know if you have any issues.
Attached Files
File Type: zip UseragenUpdater.zip (803.6 KB, 239 views)