EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > EQ2MAP > EQ2Map Troubleshooting

Unread 09-05-2006, 12:25 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Unhappy Not seeing update window. For auto update.

Hello guys, Was wondering what I'm doing wrong. When I run EQ2 Map Updater program (auto version). There should be an update window, but for mine there is none for some reason. I talked to all my friends that have it they show an update window when ever they run the program. Any suggestons on what to do? Greatly appreciate it. Thanks for your time.
Unread 09-05-2006, 07:32 AM
A Griffon

Server: Permafrost

Do you have a taskbar button for the updater? If so, what happens when you click on it a time or two? Does it disappear offscreen into the upper left corner by chance? I'm only mentioning this because I have been having this very same issue which affects any applications that normally run in a small window (eq2maps, spybot, adaware, etc. Even my windows task manager does this!!).

I had a friend that works in a computer repair shop take a look at mine, and he told me that it looks like I have a virus that has somehow manipulated my computer into thinking the center of the desktop is offscreen. You may be thinking to yourself "But I've already done virus scans, and none are found!!" I, too, have done the same thing with the same conclusion. But nowadays, virus programmers are good at making their 'works of art' undetectable by the more commonly used anti-virus programs out there.

I have yet to actually clear this up since I'm kinda short on cash and time (full-time student doesn't leave much of either in generous suuply ), but the quick (although temporary) fix I've found is to reset your resolution to 800x600 with all windows closed, then set it back to your desired resolution.

"Certainty of death! Small chance of success! What are we waiting for?!"

Unread 09-05-2006, 07:35 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

To be honest I have nothing for the updater not even taskbar button. When I look at my processess Its running but doesn't do anything. I've tried the resolution suggestion, but yet no window or taskbar appears.Thanks for the input though.

Last edited by Blitzwind : 09-05-2006 at 07:37 AM.
Unread 09-05-2006, 07:42 AM
A Griffon

Server: Permafrost

Ummmm.......uninstall/reinstall?

"Certainty of death! Small chance of success! What are we waiting for?!"

Unread 09-07-2006, 08:55 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Tired same deal for some unknown reason. Just doesn't show the update window. Probally just my computer?