EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Help!?!?!

Unread 12-04-2005, 04:26 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default German Servers, but english language(including voice-overs)

Hi,

I own a US-Version of EQ2, but I wish to play on the german Servers, since all my friends are playing there. Which works, when I change the region settings in the licence agreement screen. But by changing this setting, ingame language and (even worse) also the voice-overs change to German. Well.... partially. And this is my main problem: not everything has been translated. Only small bits. Also the German voice-overs are... well... "not as nice as the English ones". To say it in a nice way.

To cut a long story short: I would like to play the US-Version of the game on German Servers.

After brosing throught the forum, I came up with two approaches:
1) This Link:
"C:\Programme\Sony\Station\Launchpad\LaunchPad.exe" /multiple "/gamepatchpath:E:\Games\Everquest II\LP_REGION_DE_DE" /env:main /lang:en_US /game:eq2 /restarted

2) modifing the eq2_default.ini in the EQ2 folder (both main and country secific)
cl_language German -->> cl_language English

Both didn't work. Any other suggestions? I'd be thankful for any help you could offer.
Unread 12-04-2005, 05:17 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Butcherblock

You might wanna try posting this on the official EQ2 forums. They might be able to tell you if this is indeed possible or not.
Unread 12-05-2005, 11:29 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Will do.

I just thought I'll give it a try first here. Judgeing by the amazing results, there must be quite a bunch of bright folk running around here, so i figured there might be somesone with godd knowledge of the inner workings of this game, who can lead the way. =)
Unread 12-06-2005, 06:43 AM
A Dragoon Sith
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

This is not possible.

For some stupid reason SOE made parts of the localisation server based, so the English client doesn't work with a German server.

Maybe you can overwrite the German VOs with the English ones, but I think the updater will then re-download the German VOs. So it looks like we have to live with the worst local ever in an MMO (I played DAoC and I know of its problems, but that wasn't half as bad as the German local of EQ2.) or quit playing, 'cause SOE will never change this mess!

p.s. About 1/2 of the "Whine-Posts" are because of the localisation. I really like this game, but 'cause of its localisation I can never recommend it to a German, that can't read English fluently. At least 50% of the quests are still in English. A lot of the 50% of quests that are translated have errors like that the name of a mob in the quest does not match the name of the mob to kill. If you know English you have at least a chance the suggest, what the right name should be.

And then are all the forms of Genglish (German - English), where they change the languages even a few times inside one sentence. And then are problems, that the you only see some code instead of the name. It is horrible!
Judge yourself:

Source: www.olnigg.de

(This particular Errors might be fixed, but there are still similar errors all around. )

Last edited by Calain80 : 12-06-2005 at 06:49 AM.
Unread 12-06-2005, 07:48 AM
A Brown Bear

Yeah, it has been brought up multiple times in the german forum that there should be a way to switch the game to english (as the german "localisation" is just horrible) but official answer has always been that is not possible and will not be implemented. I hope your german is really good, cause even most german players have severe problems playing this "german" version...
Unread 12-11-2005, 06:02 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Thanks for your input everyone. I guess I have to live with this then.... =(