EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Request

Unread 11-11-2005, 11:31 PM
A Brown Bear
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Blue windows are old already

Has anyone or is anyone going to work on a non-hightech background for these new windows? These new windows would work great in SWG but they look out of place to me for a fantasy game. Or does anyone have the dds files from LU15 so I can just load those myself and then fix any window that might be broken?

Thanks in advance.
Unread 11-11-2005, 11:53 PM
A Griffon

Server: Toxxulia
Default Use my windowelememts.dds file

He is my windowelements.dds that is pre LU16. It is the SOE Brownish backstyles. My file is named windowselements_dn.dds

Just use the file by renaming it to windows windowselements.dds after you place it in YOUR CUSTOM UI directory.
Attached Files
File Type: zip windowelements_dn.zip (191.8 KB, 247 views)
Unread 11-12-2005, 01:42 AM
A Brown Bear

Cool, now thats much better, more rustic. Thanks for the prompt help with that file, it changed the blue everywhere except buttons, drop-down menus and scrollbars (and up/down arrows associated with them). It did not change the flourish around some of the names either. Still has the little curl. Could you post the file to take care of those? I'd really appreciate it. Actually thinking about it Which other files would complete the pre-LU16 look? I may do an entire theme based on that older skin.
Unread 11-15-2005, 08:21 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unkown

This is a nice idea, i'm just not sure how to use this file.
It kinda screwed some things for me, so i took it back out again.

I really don't like the blue either, i like all my mods as they are, no need to change anything of that, but i really wud like a new background color to all of them. the blue really pisses me off, as the O.P. stated it wud suit SWG or anything spacy, but not a Fantasy game like this...

Thanks for any help regarding this matter.
Unread 11-15-2005, 08:36 AM
A Rumbleroot Sapling

i don't understand why some call the blue interface "not fantasy" or "out of place".

the gold and blue fits fantastic (see, fantasy ^^) into the desert of flames setting.
Unread 11-15-2005, 02:22 PM
A Griffon

Server: Najena

I like the blue as well, because who really wants more brown in the game? I don't think it changes the fantasy feel of the game at all. To each his own I suppose.

Now if only they offered a blue and silver option, I'd be in heaven.
Unread 11-15-2005, 03:02 PM
A Griffon

Server: The Bazaar

anyone like red and gold?
Unread 11-15-2005, 04:30 PM
A Darkpaw Brute

Server: Everfrost

well Galn there are still many ui mods out there that dont make the blue as noticeable (btw, i dont like the blue either).

that or just give it time and you should start seeing more mods that you might like. ive actually started making my own mod dubbed "Carved Wood" that has the "rustic brown" feeling to it... i also hate when things dont line up (perfectly) so im making stuff multiples of 5 (so you can use the window snap-to grid feature).

but as a warning, ui modding is not the easiest thing to do, and you WILL get frustrated trying to get everything to work correctly
Unread 11-15-2005, 10:54 PM
Saryn chained me to a UI
Featured

Server: Permafrost

My Draco'Kyn UI also replaces all the blue, though not with brown. It's a darker, more "stone-like" feel, I think.

Of course, there's a ton of UI compilations out there, check around, try a few out, and go with one you like!

Wulfy
Unread 11-16-2005, 05:59 PM
A Brown Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenesisRage
well Galn there are still many ui mods out there that dont make the blue as noticeable (btw, i dont like the blue either).

that or just give it time and you should start seeing more mods that you might like. ive actually started making my own mod dubbed "Carved Wood" that has the "rustic brown" feeling to it... i also hate when things dont line up (perfectly) so im making stuff multiples of 5 (so you can use the window snap-to grid feature).

but as a warning, ui modding is not the easiest thing to do, and you WILL get frustrated trying to get everything to work correctly
I actualyl just downloaded Sir Taleisin's mod, and am using just the images files for the red and gold.

I too am working on a complete compilation/set, I just hope I dont get part way through and SOE changes everything on me.

I know it isnt exactly easy, I have a modded version of Depechenodes player window I've been playing with and even though I keep moving the status number to the left it still doesnt move. The experience with the percentages is actually the hardest thing to move with its layered windows, i'm still tweaking those too.

I may have to try your idea on making everything in sizes divisible by 5.

Wulfgyr before I spend the time downloading the Draco'Kyn UI, is there a single file that has all of the flourishes and fancy graphics around the windows in it that could be pasted into the plain UI or are they custom designed into the windows as you modded them?
Unread 11-16-2005, 06:46 PM
A Griffon

Server: The Bazaar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galn
I too am working on a complete compilation/set, I just hope I dont get part way through and SOE changes everything on me.
but it's tradition!....

seriously though, hope you find the images useful
Unread 11-22-2005, 01:51 PM
A Rumbleroot Sapling

as a matter of fact i like blue. i even added more of it to my ui ^^

Unread 11-22-2005, 02:46 PM
A Brown Bear

After using some various graphics it wasnt the fact that it was blue, it was the style of the blue. I have the same design as the blue now but its red and its still too mechanical/industrial for me. The blue in thorvangs ui is ok, its not square corners, it has curves...

Does anyone have the original elements file that has the buttons on it? Or in fact every one of the *element*.dds files from before the update? (well besides the one posted above anyways)
Unread 11-22-2005, 10:29 PM
Saryn chained me to a UI
Featured

Server: Permafrost

Galn -

There's a couple of graphics files used in my UI - one for the arcane orbs, one for the tube style bars, and the celtic chat frame.

My first step in re-skinning a window is to just change the default framestyle to point it to the .xml file I use for the chat window, and go from there. Mainly just adjusting little things to make everything fit with the new border, and making sure that text shows up ok against the modded background textures.

Wulfy
Unread 11-22-2005, 11:01 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Najena
Exclamation It all sounds great...

The blue is decent but how hard would it be for Sony to add a bar in the display options that when moved, changes the background color? In fact it would be a good mod. Let the modding begin!

Bananas are for the weak