EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > UI Developer Discussion

Unread 07-22-2005, 07:37 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Vendor pricing list possible in EQ2?

When I played WoW there was a UI plugin that maintained a database of items and their prices at the vendor so you could easily prioritize whats in your inventory when it is full. I've been trying to figure out if it is possible to get this done in EQ2.

I can't tell you how much time I waste running to the shield vendor(or equivilent vendor... they give the best prices) to see what they will give me as opposed to putting it on a broker. So many people sell T5 crafting tomes for 1g, and vendors give 2g13s33c.

Currently my solution is to load a notepad type screen into everquest2 and maintain it, but it would be nice to have a searchable database inside of EQ2... or even have it pop up when you mouseover an item.
Unread 07-22-2005, 07:40 PM
A Griffon

Server: Mistmoore

No, you can't. However, you are wasting a lot of time travelling. Your wholesaler in the TS instances will ALWAYS give you the best price. One stop there, and you're set.
Unread 07-23-2005, 01:09 AM
A Coastal Crab

Default misunderstood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus
No, you can't. However, you are wasting a lot of time travelling. Your wholesaler in the TS instances will ALWAYS give you the best price. One stop there, and you're set.

you missed his point... he meant as opposed to putting items on offline merchant to sell to other players... i've bought items from broker knowing the merchant would give me more money for em... sometimes people undercut each other on the broker so much that they ask for less money than what they could get by selling to merch... to prevent that, you have to leave your room and go to a merch to see what he will offer before you offline merch something
Unread 07-23-2005, 01:24 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Aelwero is correct! I gave up trying to figure out how to make something within EQ to search... goign to create a database... eventually make a GUI for it to make it searchable. Now... to try to remember how to use excell spreadsheets to input data into a database.

Though, admittedly i make a LOT of money by knowing what items are frequiently undercut, buying em and selling em to merchant.
Unread 07-23-2005, 05:06 AM
A Griffon

Server: Mistmoore

I didn't miss his point.

First I answered the question: You can't make a database in game like this.

Second I suggested he stop running around to various venders, the wholesaler will always give the best price (when checking what they'll sell for)