EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Beta

Unread 03-17-2005, 04:02 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Runnyeye
Default Laffs Casters Group Window (maybe ;) )

Whilst playing on my little cleric (normaly use her for farming and messing about) I just happened to get invited to a group, Very rare as I am very new to playing a cleric type char... So to cut it short a bit, What I did notice was it was damn hard to keep track of players health and heal them without getting in a right mix up lol..... Basicly what I am saying is yes I am a crap cleric BUT decided to try and come up with a better group window for cleric types....

(shoot hang on I just recalled that this has been done elsewhere in here, Oh well I got this far may as well continue)

So here is a basic beta version of what I came up with, using parts of the default UI only..

What I need is some feedback from cleric types on what is real important info to have in there, and also the location of things for EG:

I normaly I like all the health bars to line up inc my own so I can at a glance see exactly who's taking most damage etc

Any thoughts / ideas ?

P.s Yes I know it looks a bit crap, Thats why me asking lol
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Image1.jpg
Views:	414
Size:	15.2 KB
ID:	1904  
Attached Files
File Type: xml eq2ui_mainhud_groupmembers.xml (37.4 KB, 335 views)
Unread 03-17-2005, 04:36 PM
A Griffon

Server: Blackburrow

looks good... what I did with mine was just made the group bars a little thicker and longer and shrank the "negative effects" for the group members down...

Course I need to redo them and make them much larger cause Im going blind thats besides the point

looks good

-Selae
Unread 03-17-2005, 05:02 PM
A Griffon

Thanks for that

I have shrank effects 1 - 4 down to 20,20 and put them on the end of the health bars... so they are not huge but still clear enough to see..

Not sure what stats is important to a cleric (if any?)

I will have a look at your mod and see if I can get some insperation lol
Failing that I guess I have to play my cleric more and find out lol
Unread 03-17-2005, 06:15 PM
Steward of the Faithful
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

Server: Antonia Bayle

Important stats to me when healing, in order:
  • MT's Health (that's actually why I created my 4x target window in the first place, so I could really watch the MT's health )
  • My power
  • Current encounter creatures' health / total encounter creatures' health (I try to keep my power % higher than the total % health left on the encounter creatures)
  • Other groupmembers' health

Unless I see very wide damage floaties or very many damage floaties pop up above my own head I could care less what my health is (in most cases both situations are solved by backing up out of AoE range of the creatures.) I figure it's my job to worry about everybody else's health, the MT can worry about mine.
Unread 03-17-2005, 07:43 PM
A Griffon

Thanks Ger...

Kind of what I was thinking.. but was hard to tell as I have been a monk on both games for well... a long time lol

This has gone through about 4 changes so far lol.. and not 100% happy with any of them lol...

Still need some more feedback me thinks

Problem is its easy to change / adapt others ideas, But i seem to lack the creativity to come up with a new design lol