EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > XML Modification Help & Info

Unread 02-10-2005, 10:56 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Dual instances of the same UI peice?

Let me begin by saying that I'm completely new to this. I have a feeling that the solution to my UI issue is probably very easy, but I can't seem to find any other posts that address it.

I've created my first little peice. I've taken the XP bar, added the current zone to the top and added the compass to the bottom. Everything looks good, except when I test it out in game I have 2 instances of a compass, and the one attached to my experience bar will not work.

I modified the eq2ui.xml file, saved it in my "test" folder and then copied the mod that I wanted (eq2ui.mainhud.experience.xml) to my personalized folder. Is there another file that I'm supposed to include in my personalized UI folder?

Thanks, I look forward to your responses

Siena
Unread 02-10-2005, 02:30 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Blackburrow
Default hardcoded.

Hi.
Your new compass isnt working because the game sends all the compass info to the compass window. If you move the compass out of its original window (or rename some of the compass objects) it will break.

You can prolly get a compass experience combo working it you put all the code in the compass xml file.

You'll find when moving alot of stuff around it'll stop working, because the game can no longer find the object to send data to it. Luckly soe gave us these dynamicdata values (info here) that can send values like, your hp, to whatever piece you put the tag in.

-------
Oh! and now that i actually look, there's a dd for compass heading.. Gamedata.Self.Heading. I'm not really sure where you would put it tho. (the scrollpage maybe?)

The easiest thing to do is just move your code to the compass window, (cause the experience stuff is already using dynamicdata, so it can be moved around)

To kill off your extra window, look in control options for the Alt+(whatever) command it is to close a window.

i'm in a rambling mood i guess

Unread 02-10-2005, 02:36 PM
Steward of the Faithful
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

I don't think heading made it into the DD values on Live yet. At least, that was how I understood the dev post.
Unread 02-10-2005, 03:56 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by ger
I don't think heading made it into the DD values on Live yet. At least, that was how I understood the dev post.
It's in the code, but not functional at this time. Just like group info.
Unread 02-10-2005, 09:54 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Thanks for your quick responses! I figured if I could accomplish this lil mod I would stick with my new little hobby, otherwise I would have to come on here and start begging for specific mods

Well it's back to the drawing board for me, lets see what other trouble I can find for myself mwahahahhahha