EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > Fetish

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 01-04-2008, 12:40 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Clickcure using potions

This might have been discussed before, in which case I was simply too daft to find it.
Could someone please explain to me how I can configure my clickcures to use potions?

From the fetish faq:

Quote:
Q: How do I edit the spells cast by ClickCures?

A: The ClickCures feature attempts every known cure, from highest level spell to lowest. Its was developed several months ago so some spells might no longer be apropriate and other may need to be added.

You can edit the list of spells cast by opening _Fetish_mainhud_cures.xml in Notepad. Each button attempts to cast all spells under them, in the order they appear in this file. To remove a spell, simply delete that line of code. To add a spell, copy/paste an existing entry then edit the spell name to match the exact spell name desired (caps matter).

Note: The first spell in the list that your toon has scribed and ready to cast will be cast. Spells later in the list will only cast if the earlier spell is unscribed or still refreshing. To simplify editing, ClickCures was not made class aware, so you should include all cure spells for any toon you play.

and how profit handles it:

Quote:
The way curing works can be configured in the file _ProfitUI_Cures.txt in your ProfitUI folder. Open it in your favorite text editor, e.g. windows notepad. The file looks like this (going over it in segments):

ONLY EDIT THE FILE WHERE I COLORED IT BELOW

Quote:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<Page Name="ProfitUI_Cures">

<Data Name="CancelSpellcast" Value="false"/>
Setting this to false causes cures to queue with other spells (or cures). Setting this to true gives cures precedence and will cause any ongoing spellcasts to be cancelled if you click on a click-to-cure button so your cure will cast immediately.

Quote:
<Data Name="TraumaPotion" potionvdl_1="-1126736947" potionvdl_2="-292985664"/>
<Data Name="ArcanePotion" potionvdl_1="-569252760" potionvdl_2="-1940923547"/>
<Data Name="NoxiousPotion" potionvdl_1="1586543327" potionvdl_2="544446557"/>
<Data Name="ElementalPotion" potionvdl_1="-1018033522" potionvdl_2="528994112"/>
For curing yourself the UI can use potions you have in your inventory if you do not have a cure spell. You can define two different potions for each cure type. The first one potionvdl_1 takes precendence over the second one potionvdl_2 (if both are found in the inventory). Preconfigured should be T6 master and T7 grandmaster potions (on the updater it is now T7 grandmaster and T8 expert potions).

To configure your own potions, you will need to enter that potion's VDL number. For example, if you want to use a Master's Arcane Remedy, look up the item in any link database (e.g. eq2llinks.com) and you get: \aITEM -569252760 -1028373465:Master's Arcane Remedy\/a. The first number, marked in yellow, is the VDL number (ignore the rest). Replace the preconfigured number with that one.

Quote:
<Data Name="Assassin" TraumaCure="NONE" ArcaneCure="NONE" NoxiousCure="NONE" ElementalCure="NONE"/>
<Data Name="Conjuror" TraumaCure="NONE" ArcaneCure="Cure Arcane" NoxiousCure="NONE" ElementalCure="NONE"/>
You can edit it line by line. Each line is for a specific subclass. Find the line for the class you want to edit. Above I only show the lines for Assassin and Conjuror as examples, the file of course contains lines for all subclasses.

An Assassin has no cure spells at all and therefore it is written NONE for every one of the four cure types, indicating to the UI that no spell should be cast. If you are trying to cure a friend, noting at all will happen. If you are trying to cure yourself, the UI will try to use the potions you defined above if it finds them in your inventory.

A Conjuror has by default only Cure Arcance for curing arcane impairments. For everything else by default a potion is used. However, you may have decided for your Conjuror to get the Cure Elemental spell via AA. In this case replace the NONE above by Cure Elemental.

Note: You are not limited to entering cure spells here, theoretically you could also enter any other spell name, thereby gaining an additional quick button. These buttons are limited to one spell/CA per button though.

After making changes to the file you will need to exit and restart EQ2 for changes to take effect.

PS: Click-to-cure buttons do not light up on the raid window.
It looks nothing alike, so I figured I can't just start copy&pasting..however it's exactely what I want. Have the option to cancel spellcast and clear the queue for a cure and use my toon's spells if available - potions if they're not.

I don't want to switch..I love my ui! Thanks a lot