EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > XML Modification Help & Info

Unread 04-11-2008, 10:48 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Uses Remaining Bugged?

I want to view the uses/triggers remaining on my spells in the maintained window. I added a line to the xml file show it, but it's common for my group spells to show some random uses remaining. I then went back to the default maintained window and I could reproduce this behavior when mousing over the spell and checking the popup message. I also noticed this odd behavior in Profit UI. If this is an EQ2 bug, I'm sure people would be talking about it here, but I couldn't find a post about this. Does this happen to anyone else?

Calmwind
Unread 04-12-2008, 03:49 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Yes, it remains bugged or got even worse. Previously I only saw remaining uses being copied over from other spells, but now the values appear to be truly random. Except for spells which do really have remaining uses - those are always shown correctly AFAIK.
Unread 04-12-2008, 10:43 AM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone

I don't know if its random, I think it seems to be that spells that don't have remaining uses or absorbance are taking the values of ones that do... for example, if I have a proc that casts a 300-damage ward, over time I'll see some other buffs get a value of either 300 or 0 on them, which is rather weird but unfortunately right now it's just something to be ignored.
Unread 04-12-2008, 10:49 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

I've seen magi shielding pick up a ward component on casters that don't have that option (my conj for example). I bugged it when it first happened. The oddest part with this particular example is that parsing shows it really preventing damage.
Unread 04-13-2008, 06:54 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Thanks a lot for your responses. Yes, the amount shown works for spells that really do have a trigger count remaining, it's just unfortunate that having a bogus value shown on an excessive number of spells makes it more difficult to find the information I'm looking for quickly. Oh well. Thanks again for the confirmation.