EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > DrumsUI

Unread 06-21-2011, 04:56 AM
A Griffon

Server: Oasis
Default Chat Window scroll bar hides text

Not sure if this was intended or not but with the Chat Window scroll bar on the right side, I notice that it covers/hides the text on right side behind it. Kind of a pain to move the mouse back and forth over the window to read what the scroll bar is covering up.

I guess you would need to reserve some space on the right side for the bar by making the text wrap before it gets to the end of the window.

Now if I could just stop from always going for the left edge of the window to use the scroll bar LOL.

Thanks for the work,
Mysstie
Unread 06-21-2011, 08:11 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle

Yes, this was an intended change for those who wanted it, as it saves a lot of space when not mousing-over the window.

If you feel it's too annoying or you can't break old habbits... the old version of the chat window is on the Updater (or still the stand-alone download) and will be supported fully through future updates.
Unread 06-21-2011, 10:37 PM
A Griffon

Server: Oasis

Ahhh ok. Yes, I was aware of the older version on the updater which is how I update the UI. I do like the ability to hide the text entry line on 2ndary chat windows (where my guild chat goes), however. So, I'll probably just get used to it.
Unread 06-22-2011, 12:05 PM
A Griffon
Featured

It was strange for me as well, coming from almost 6 years of having the scrollbar on the left. But after you get used to it, I think you'll like it.

I may make a spiffy overlay on the right side of the window so the scroll bar only shows on the left side of the window (like 90% of the let side).
Unread 07-24-2011, 11:12 AM
A Crazed Gnoll

I prefer the scroll bar on the left (I hate it cover text when on the right). I used the Updater to get the lastest upgrades to the UI. I then went into the Alternatives folder to get the old mainchat.xml and put it in the Drums directory. Unfortunately, that file also puts the scroll bar on the left side (and on secondary windows, puts the type of chat button just above where it is supposed to be [i.e. just above the little box it is supposed to be in]). Fortunately, I only upgrade on computer at a time so I was able to get the mainchat.xml file with the scroll bar on the left side from it.