Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > XML Modification Help & Info

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 04-26-2005, 11:18 AM
A Crazed Gnoll
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest
Question SelectedItemIndex help for Market Window

I've been working on a new window that would allow me to hard code some frequently used searches as buttons. The idea is to set the search parameters in the market window, then kick off the search. These would be the searches that I run every time I visit a broker. I borrowed heavily from the code examples in Quib's store window and Kosmos's performance window. I'm 100% sure that I had this working once, then I made what I thought were some cosmetic changes and haven't been able to get it to work again. I'm guessing that the UIBuilder ate some small piece of code somewhere and I am just not seeing what it is. Stupid me for not backing up EVERYTHING before letting UIBuilder see it.

If I use the syntax:
Parent.Parent.Market.ComboItemType.SelectedItemIndex=2
It appears to work fine in the UIBuilder but in game I get a message
Usage" /tellchannel <chanelname. <<message>
Somehow it's not processing it correctly and reads the number as a /2 perhaps?

If I use the syntax:
Parent.Parent.Market.ComboItemType.SelectedItemIndex=2.0
Nothing happens

Reading here on the boards and the documentation, I believe the first (integer) format is correct and I'm sure that's what I was using when I had it working. Does anyone see what could be wrong with this?

I attached my semi-working sample files. I started with the old Mookish market window. I've added an include in the Market window and a placeholder button next to the "Last Page" one to show the MarketSearch window. MarketSearch has the includes for the buttons. Button 1 is syntax 1 above. Button 2 is syntax 2 above.

The sample buttons attached should set the Item Type Drop Down box to "Slash Weapon". I am using the value of 2 for testing purposes because of the issue that Kosmos has been discussing with a SelectedItemIndex of 1 on his quick emotes rewrite. I am sure though that I had both values working. When I first got it working, I was in trial and error mode. I didn't know if they index would start with 1 or 0 and didn't know if Any counted...so I had started working with a value of 2, then when that worked I just changed it down to 1. I did have a successful search, even showed it to my hubby where it set the Item Name to Ebon and type to Miscellaneous.

Side note and secondary question:
I don't always see my window title and close button that are coded in the marketsearch.xml file. Depending on the characters saved selection for Window Frame and Title they seem to disappear. Can anyone tell me why that would be?
Attached Files
File Type: xml eq2ui_inventory_market.xml (21.3 KB, 278 views)
File Type: xml eq2ui_inventory_marketsearch.xml (1.5 KB, 257 views)
File Type: xml preset1.xml (655 Bytes, 273 views)
File Type: xml preset2.xml (657 Bytes, 287 views)