Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Site Forums > EQ2Interface News

Unread 08-18-2006, 05:20 PM
Bacon Eater
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Admin
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

Default Reducing Gold Spam

Some good news for those of you being bothered by the gold selling spammers in game. SOE has some new changes that will help slow the spammers from spamming EQ2 players.

This is what Blackguard posted on the forums:

One of the top concerns from the community the past several weeks has been in-game advertisements from players attempting to sell in-game coin for real world money. We’ve been working on removing such players from EverQuest II on an individual basis since the phenomenon started, but we wanted to go a step further. After looking into the issue, it turns out that most of these players are on free Trial accounts and can simply create a new account after they are banned. We discussed possible solutions and have been working on implementing what we’ve come up with for some time now, and I now have information about what we’ll be doing to resolve the situation.

Trial of the Isle Accounts Cannot:
  • Trade with other players (i.e. they cannot use the Trade Window).
  • Receive in-game mail from players on their server (note that they can still receive in-game mail cross-server, as such emails can’t have attachments anyway).
  • Send in-game mail via the Norrathian Express.
  • Buy or list items on the broker. Browsing for items is okay.
  • Join or start guilds. Browsing for guilds is okay.
  • Speak on global channels such as "Freeport" or level channels. They will still be able to read them.
  • Send a tell to someone who does not have the Trial member on their Friends list.
  • Send a tell to someone on another server or different game.

These changes should reduce most of the gold seller spam you may have seen over the past month or so while impacting Trial players are minimally as possible. You should see this as part of an upcoming Hotfix as soon as everything has been thoroughly tested out. Thank you for your patience while we worked on resolving the issue.

Thread

Last edited by Dolby : 08-18-2006 at 05:40 PM.
Unread 08-20-2006, 11:25 PM
A Sea Turtle
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Permafrost

They could always just make it easier and make a seperate Trial of the Isle server without being able to cross server chat.
Unread 08-21-2006, 01:28 PM
Bacon Eater
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Admin
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

I dont know about that as it then requires them to develop a smaller server farm and keep it updated with the latest patches and remember to modify each patch rolled out for that server so that cross server tells are disabled. Also if the trial ever becomes really popular due to new marketing or something they only have 1 server farm for it instead of spreading it out over all the servers like they are doing now. I'm sure there are more reasons I dont even know about.
Unread 09-06-2006, 01:13 PM
A Coastal Crab

where do I go to check my private messages?