EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Request

Closed Thread
Unread 03-09-2005, 08:35 PM
A Rumbleroot Sapling
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Is there a command to equip and unequip items ?

Is there a command to equip and unequip items ?

I tried /equip serrated bone dirk etc etc. No dice.

Any help is appreciated.
Unread 03-09-2005, 11:22 PM
A Griffon

Server: Lucan DLere

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikecmh
Is there a command to equip and unequip items ?

I tried /equip serrated bone dirk etc etc. No dice.

Any help is appreciated.

Check 'The /List' Post. for the command we have not figured out the syntax as of yet. " At least as fra as I know"
Unread 07-03-2005, 07:22 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

unequipping: I posted this on the SOE boards, but heres a cross post for you.
multi step process:

1 make a hotkey with the following text: /do_file_commands c:/strip.txt, and associate it with a hot key

2 make a second hot key with the folloing text: /do_file_commands c:/strip2.txt, and associate it with a hot key

we have to use 2 hotkeys because we're limited to 16 commands per execution.

If your short on hotkeys, I'll detail an alternative method at the end.

3: open a text editor and type the following, exatly as shown:

inventory unequip 0

inventory unequip 1

inventory unequip 2

inventory unequip 3

inventory unequip 4

inventory unequip 5

inventory unequip 6

inventory unequip 7

inventory unequip 8

inventory unequip 9

inventory unequip 10

inventory unequip 11

inventory unequip 12

inventory unequip 13

inventory unequip 14

inventory unequip 15

Save it as c:/strip.txt

4: make a second file, as follows:

inventory unequip 16

inventory unequip 17

inventory unequip 18

inventory unequip 19

inventory unequip 20

and save it as c:/strip2.txt

Now theres many ways to get from A to B, but none of them will allow us to put this all on one command. You can chain command files, use multi-line macros, or use aliases, but the client will cut you off at 16 consecutive commands no matter which way you slice it. If you have 16 items or less equiped (ie you don't use ranged, use a 2 hander, and arent worried about your 2 activatible slots (which I don't belive take dammage like the rest of your gear does) then you can whittle this down to 1 set of commands. To find out what item is in which slot, use the following command: /info equiped [1-20]. Go through the numbers 1-20 to determine which slots you can skip.

Finaly, an alternative method of calling these commands if you don't have any hotkeys to spare: replace steps 1 and 2 with the following single step

make a 2 line macro, as follows:

/alias !:do_file_commands c:/strip.txt

/alias @:do_file_commands c:/strip2.txt

You can leave this in your macro list without linking it to a hot key, because you only need to execute it once per game session (even if you camp or switch toons- as long as you don't completely exit the game, the aliases will still work). What you've done is use aliases to create a custom command. Now, when the time comes, first type /! [enter] and you will strip your first 16 items, then type /@ [enter] and you will unequip your last 4 items.

Final note: It may very well be the case that this is all moot, for the following reason: while doing the betrayal quest, I remebered to strip my gear before getting killed by Lucan. When I revived in the commonlands, I instantly got agro from a skelly (nice place they dump you, btw...) I tried equiping so I could defend myself, but got the following message: you may only equip 1 item every 1.5 seconds while %t is trying to kill you. It could be the case that you can also not unequip items at a rate of more than 1 item per 1.5 seconds while under attack (I hadn't even engaged- I just had aggro). If this is indeed the case, then your SOL.
Unread 07-03-2005, 08:03 PM
A Griffon

Server: Najena

See here .
Unread 09-09-2005, 04:38 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

You can script equipping an item with:

/inventory equip [Item No: 0-256] [Slot: 1-20] [??]

Unfortunately finding the item number is very difficult and I have only been able to find brute force techniques, i.e.

/info inventory [Item No: 0-256]

The items in your inventory [including House Vault and Bank - you will get a lot of "You are currently not in a Bank transaction"] use this range. Items equiped do not have an inventory number.

The Slot number is where you want to equip the item, some items can be equipped in multiple locations, example include 18 first activatable slot, 1 secondary weapon etc. And is an optional argument.

No idea what the 3rd argument is for.

And here's the really big problem, when you unequip an item you are not guaranteed to get the same item slot in your inventory, i.e. you have to find the item number again - making this useless information

Regards
-A.
Unread 09-09-2005, 10:31 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Oasis

and it don't work if you in combat.. well it will uneqpt 1 item. Last time I tried it it would even work if I /yell but its been a while.
Unread 09-10-2005, 03:45 AM
A Berserk Golem

Since the unequip all macro has been nerfed (5 sec reequip on all equip command lines), you can still use it sometimes after a /yell (randomly vary, dont work often in instances because of lack of space to flee and disengage mob) or if you want a fast strip in tradeskill instance.
Unread 09-17-2005, 07:54 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Yea since they nerfed it not as usefull as it used to be but here is how I had it. make new hotkey from macro

;:unequi (name of the slot),;unequip (name of slot)

just fill the lines with this making sure to start with the semi-colon then colon on each new line. If u hover the cursor of the slot it will tell u the name, ;:unequip head, ;unequip chest, ;unequip shoulders ....
Closed Thread