EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > XML Modification Help & Info

Unread 03-08-2010, 07:22 AM
A Griffawn

Server: Runnyeye
Default Monitoring AFK status

Hey,

I just recently started looking into all this XML soup, and I'm barely wrapping my head around it. While adding one of those useless features you tend to add to "try things out to learn", I added a checkbox to set myself afk to the chat window. It works fine. I can click it to set myself afk and click it again to set me back. What I was wondering, is whether I can "monitor" the AFK status, and have the checkbox go "set" if I go inactive (auto-afk), or if I "forget" to use the checkbox and do a good old /afk instead.

Last edited by chriswebstar : 03-08-2010 at 08:22 AM. Reason: Typo
Unread 03-08-2010, 08:15 AM
Premium Member
Premium Member
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Everfrost
Default Hello

Hi

I'm very new to this like you and finding a couple of things like wading through treacle wearing flippers

I'm also doing one of those learning projects, Although I can't help you with your request just thought I would say hi from one soup bowl to another
Unread 03-08-2010, 09:34 AM
A Griffon

Server: Permafrost

If you add the xml attribute, DynamicData="/GameData.Self.AFK" to your checkbox, it should work.

At least that's how the persona window appears to do it.

Code:
<Checkbox BackgroundColor="#FFFFFF" BackgroundOpacity="1.000" DynamicData="/GameData.Self.AFK" Location="10,70" MinimumSize="22,22" Name="AFK" OnPress="afk" PackSize="a" ScrollExtent="318,22" Size="318,22" Style="/CommonElements.Checkbox.data.style" Tooltip=":42aee84249f893dd:When checked other players will see you as being away.  Incoming messages will be automatically replied to with a message saying you are away.">:42aee8420c83ee2c:Away From Keyboard</Checkbox>
Unread 03-08-2010, 10:14 AM
A Griffawn

Thanks, Aditu, that worked great.

On a different page... The colors of the checkbox are controlled by the style, right? I'd like to turn it red somehow...
Unread 03-08-2010, 11:48 AM
A Griffon

I don't believe there is a way to tint something. I think you would have to create a new checkbox style with a new DDS that's tinted correctly.
Unread 03-08-2010, 12:38 PM
A Griffawn

Actually, I found that, at least for check boxes, setting "color" to a hex color works just fine. It tints the whole thing, not just the check mark (which is what I originally wanted). I presume that to tint only the check mark instead of the whole widget, I'd have to do what you said.
Unread 03-08-2010, 04:05 PM
A Griffawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by EQAditu View Post
If you add the xml attribute, DynamicData="/GameData.Self.AFK"
Actually, is there a reference of Dynamic Data stuff somewhere?
Unread 03-08-2010, 04:06 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle

Yeah, I think the only other way to do it, is set something (like a graphic) with the same dynamicdata, but use the DynamicDataFilter and filter only the Visible aspect (I think 0001) so that the graphic only displays when the dynamicdata is set to "true" or "visible".

Some things work well some don't, so it's all in the experimentation. Styling the checkbox would probably be easier
Unread 03-08-2010, 04:44 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriswebstar View Post
Actually, is there a reference of Dynamic Data stuff somewhere?
UI\Default\eq2ui_gamedata.xml

The command /dynamicdata will also spit out any text value associated with that dynamic data while in-game.

I'm not sure if /dynamicdata Self.AFK would give anything or not. Maybe "true" or "false".
Unread 03-08-2010, 06:08 PM
A Griffawn

Okay, next random question, although I'm pretty sure this one deserves it's own topic of sorts.

If I want to store variations of a window, per window instance, the only way to do so is by attaching them to the Frame & Titlebar dropdown thingy, right? I'm guessing you do these by attaching onShow and onHide events to pages with a certain name so they respond to when you change the dropdown. Any hints at what these page names would be? Maybe WC_Title and WC_Frame or something?
Unread 03-08-2010, 07:15 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle

Yeah, you have to put in elements with those names (and take out the WindowFrame page I believe). It's the way the old windows used to be coded out. The updated windows all just have the WindowFrame page, but if you modify that, then it doesn't seem to work when changing states from in-game.