EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > EQ2MAP

Unread 06-12-2005, 03:48 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default some map errors

now i'm no good at making these maps myself, but i figure the least i could do is suggest the ones that are messed up. so far, nektropos castle is perfect....except for when you go to everling's basement. once u get the key and go down through the secret bookcase, it doesn't seem to read that your in the basement, it thinks you're in the first floor again. just for a suggestion, u could do wat u did in stormhold, how it has the zone symbol and says to stormhold II or whatever.

The second one is Tomb of Nights. It....is just wierd. It almost seems as if the points are just wrong, because I can move all over the entire map and off the window, but the actual image looks correct. I think how far/fast your toon moves accross the map is the only issue, but like i said before, i'm really bad at these.

anyways, this map thing has been great and i'd also like to thank all those that worked very hard on it. it's been a life saver in many occasions (i'm bad with directions).
Unread 06-12-2005, 03:51 PM
Bacon Eater
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Admin
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V1cious
now i'm no good at making these maps myself, but i figure the least i could do is suggest the ones that are messed up. so far, nektropos castle is perfect....except for when you go to everling's basement. once u get the key and go down through the secret bookcase, it doesn't seem to read that your in the basement, it thinks you're in the first floor again. just for a suggestion, u could do wat u did in stormhold, how it has the zone symbol and says to stormhold II or whatever.
Looks like that area never got mapped... Maybe some one should take the time to just re-map the entire place.

Quote:
The second one is Tomb of Nights. It....is just wierd. It almost seems as if the points are just wrong, because I can move all over the entire map and off the window, but the actual image looks correct. I think how far/fast your toon moves accross the map is the only issue, but like i said before, i'm really bad at these.
Looks like the zonerects are off / wrong. I didnt make the map so unless I can find the log file for that zone I wont be able to fix it.

Last edited by Dolby : 06-12-2005 at 03:54 PM.
Unread 06-12-2005, 06:12 PM
A Griffon

Server: Runnyeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolby
Looks like the zonerects are off / wrong. I didnt make the map so unless I can find the log file for that zone I wont be able to fix it.
I popped into the Tomb of Night and was planning on getting an updated zonerect but the window that expanded to the side of the map allowing you to get a zone rect doesnt seem to be working atm. If i remember right you need locs from as far NW and as far SE as you can get, so here you go. hope these are useful.

NW: 109.76,-21.80, -116.07
and
SE: -89.41, -24.10, 17.43

I have also attached a jpg showing where the locs were taken in case you need to try and tweak it manually. the red cross shows where the map "should" show me. The Blue cross shows where the map did show me. For the NW loc i was off the top of the map screen.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ton2.jpg
Views:	280
Size:	48.5 KB
ID:	2915  

Last edited by Liandra : 06-12-2005 at 06:15 PM.
Unread 06-12-2005, 07:15 PM
Bacon Eater
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Admin

Great, those red x's should help. I'll try to find some time to tweak the zonerect.

The in game zonrect thingy only works on SOE maps. With custom made maps I need in game loc and the pixel loc. You've given me the in game locs and the picture you attached should provide me the pixel locs I need.
Unread 06-18-2005, 04:22 PM
a hedgehog
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Nagafen

hey guys, stopped for a visit here are the original xyz coords in microsoft excel format. makes it easy to find the max/min
Attached Files
File Type: xls ton1.xls (60.5 KB, 234 views)
File Type: xls ton2.xls (58.5 KB, 232 views)
File Type: xls ton3.xls (38.5 KB, 226 views)
File Type: xls ton all.xls (132.5 KB, 220 views)
Unread 06-23-2005, 08:12 PM
Bacon Eater
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Admin

Tomb of Night II zonerect is fixed. Updated the core_mapstyles.xml and should be fixed once you use the patcher.