EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > XML Modification Help & Info

Unread 09-30-2006, 10:46 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Target Effects

I see a lot of target window mods with the effects. I'm trying to gain a little insight as to how the Volume works with the target window. It seems to attach itself to the bottom of the V0 and V1 areas of the window. Similar to how the TierIndicator attaches itself to the top of the name label (or is this just my imagination?). It seems to sit just inside the frame area by a few pixels on the target windows I've seen, but doing the same they don't show up in game in my mod. It appears to have something to do with the way the frames (or the V0/V1 data?) are resized in game when you switch targets. I can't seem to find any info on how this section of the window works, or how to place it in/on/near/around the target window. Can someone give me a little more understanding on how this mysterious area of data works?

EDIT: Found out how it works: the Volume attaches itself to the bottom of the version area (and jumps back and forth as you change between v1 and v0). In order for the effects to show up properly, the effects have to be able to fit inside the area of the target window, and the window frame and background can not be smaller than the combined height of version area + volume area or it will cut the effects off. Took me AGES to figure that out hehehehe

Thanks!
Arre

Last edited by Arremis : 10-03-2006 at 09:22 PM.
Unread 10-12-2006, 08:06 AM
A Griffon

Server: Crushbone

do you know how to add the volume area to mods designed previous to this?

sir ansfrid takahityo of mithaniel marr — paladin, amorer, and guild advisor for the <knightshift>
Unread 10-12-2006, 11:04 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Not sure how those old windows look, but I would expect that you can simply copy the volume from the default window and paste it in your modded window, if necessary resizing your window as Arremis described.
Unread 10-12-2006, 09:38 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9
Not sure how those old windows look, but I would expect that you can simply copy the volume from the default window and paste it in your modded window, if necessary resizing your window as Arremis described.
i tried to copy/paste the <volume> code from the defaultUI, but that didn't work... but copying it within UIBuilder worked perfectly.. had to rename the defaultUI target/implied files and temporarily include them in my mainhud file... but now it works

however, got a random bug... sometimes when i target myself, it won't show my spell effects. but it will show spell effects for any other player i target... very odd... i zoned and it fixed itself, once again showing my spell effects in the volume area when i target myself... very very weird.

sir ansfrid takahityo of mithaniel marr — paladin, amorer, and guild advisor for the <knightshift>
Unread 10-13-2006, 06:08 AM
A Griffon
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

Server: Everfrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by anfrey
i tried to copy/paste the <volume> code from the defaultUI, but that didn't work... but copying it within UIBuilder worked perfectly.. had to rename the defaultUI target/implied files and temporarily include them in my mainhud file... but now it works

however, got a random bug... sometimes when i target myself, it won't show my spell effects. but it will show spell effects for any other player i target... very odd... i zoned and it fixed itself, once again showing my spell effects in the volume area when i target myself... very very weird.
Did you resize the volume in any way? When I was messing with my target windows, I resized the volume and it only fit 28 effects (accidentally). When I targetted or indirectly targetted someone/thing with 29 or 30 effects, they would all disappear.
'Tetht the printhiple, tetht the printhiple,' muttered Igor. 'Thorry, thur, but Igorth do not "tetht the printhiple". Thtrap it to the bench and put a good thick bolt of lightning through it, thatth our motto. Thatth how you tetht thomething.'
Unread 10-13-2006, 06:57 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mother9987
Did you resize the volume in any way? When I was messing with my target windows, I resized the volume and it only fit 28 effects (accidentally). When I targetted or indirectly targetted someone/thing with 29 or 30 effects, they would all disappear.
yes, i clicked, dragged, and stretched the area in the UIBuilder and then adjusted the dimensions numerically... the volume icons are 15x15, and i believe the cellpadding is 2, so it was a width and height divisible by 17, iirc..

but yeah, the bug is weird..

Unread 10-14-2006, 12:18 PM
A Griffon

a follow-up question...

is it possible to have the volume area set to different sizes/locations based on the con_version used?

Unread 10-15-2006, 09:02 PM
A Griffon

Server: Antonia Bayle

As far as I know, the volume information is independent of the version area, and putting the volume inside the version areas doesn't work (at least when I tried that the volume didn't show up in game at all).

Arre