EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Unread 01-18-2008, 04:28 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unrest
Talking Persona Window Images and Tabbed Browsing

I installed this UI today (I'm a new EQ2 player) and it's really a nice looking, clutter free, UI. I tried a couple of others before this one and this is clearly the best one I found. Great job!

I'm curious as to the reason why your subclass backdrop images (for the Persona window) are a separate download. Wouldn't it be simpler, not only for people installing it but for yourself, to just include the backdrops folder with the ProfitUI Reborn pack? Less instructions, less to find, less questions to answer etc etc.

Also, I was wondering, is there a way to set a different home page for each of the tabs. At the moment it seems as if you can set a home page for the first tab but not for the others.

Thanks for your time and effort.

Last edited by Positivx : 01-18-2008 at 04:30 AM. Reason: *Typo/punctuation
Unread 01-18-2008, 04:34 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

The reason behind the separate download is simple: Those files will never change. If I had them in every download you would have to download an additional 1.69 MB every time you want to update the UI. While you probably don't care as a user, I'm sure Dolby (the owner of eq2interface) appreciates that I try to keep his bandwidth usage as low as possible.

Of course, if you use the auto-updating version of ProfitUI it will take care of those background images for you.

Regarding the browser tabs that's unfortunately not possible at the moment. At least not for a dynamically configured homepage. I could of course implement this in a way that you would have to configure the homepage manually in a file (same thing as the bookmarks really). Not sure if that's much better than the existing bookmarks though. Do you think?
Unread 01-18-2008, 05:25 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unrest

I wouldn't mind a text file as long as it all opens on launch.
I'd imagine it's different than bookmarks for the simple fact that I'll only have to configure the text file once and it will save me from having to click bookmarks on 5 tabs every time I start it up. The bookmarks would still be very useful in addition to.

Oh and completely understandable about the image files. I hadn't thought of bandwith issues. Doh!