Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Server: Unrest

Yep, issue identified and tracked here:
http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=9891

Shouldn't be much longer...
Forums

Got Guild?

"Always code as if the person who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live."
Unread 12-04-2007, 09:28 PM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Antonia Bayle
Unhappy operation cancelled by error or user request

OK, I've activated the Startup Button (sliders)---

I get a File not found for the Medium Performance.opt

operation cancelled by error or user request

(somehow I'm not able to paste the full text that I copied)
Unread 12-08-2007, 07:27 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Updater not working

when I start the updater I get two messages some long code in the top part and a Service Unavailable in the bottom. Are my Thor UI days over or is there a fix for this ?

I would post the code here but its wicked long and for some reason my cut / paste isnt working.

Thanks
Unread 12-09-2007, 05:18 AM
A Coastal Crab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barupi10 View Post
when I start the updater I get two messages some long code in the top part and a Service Unavailable in the bottom. Are my Thor UI days over or is there a fix for this ?

I would post the code here but its wicked long and for some reason my cut / paste isnt working.

Thanks
Same problem here!
Unread 12-10-2007, 07:49 PM
A Coastal Crab

Question ThorUI updater not available

says SERVICE NOT AVAILABLE .. internet is peachie.. but not able and I have to say I am not at all sure I can live without ThorUI...it's .... just not doable... I may collapse and not even be able to play.... what shall I do...??? help !
Unread 12-10-2007, 10:02 PM
A Coastal Crab

That's a ditto for me.

Internet is good.

Just getting service is not available and...

Welcome to Thor UI Auto Update!
EXCEPTION in GetAFile
Local File Name: C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest II\UI\thorui\lock.txt
Remote RULhttp://thorui.thorsparks.com/autoupdate/lock.txt
HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable
Update Server is locked. Please try again later!
Unread 12-15-2007, 04:07 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Is anyone still having trouble with this?
Forums

Got Guild?

"Always code as if the person who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live."
Unread 12-16-2007, 02:06 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Angry Thor UI and Evil Vista

Hmmm. I just absolutely cannot get Thor UI to play nice in Windows Vista. I've come from a Windows XP and have learned enough you have to run in administrator mode, but EQ2 only seems to recognize certain parts of Thor UI. It acknowledges window placements, but that's about it.

Also, it went from about 78 updates in the Thor UI startup down to 65, then 58.

Any suggestions on how to get this working?

PS. I hate Vista.

EDIT: I did finally get this working. It took 3 installs and lots and lots of permissions to make it happen -- I reiterate... Vista sucks.

Last edited by EyeofCanaan : 12-16-2007 at 06:31 PM.
Unread 12-18-2007, 07:42 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

hehe yeah,
My experience with Vista so far is a lot of extra money for an Operating Sytems to ask "are you sure you want to do that?"
Then after you answer yes, it asks "are you absolutely certain you wish to do that?"
Then after you answer yes again, it states "ok, but you really shouldn't do that and by doing so you void all warranties specified or otherwise implied."

I believe I noticed another user mentioning something about read and write access.
Forums

Got Guild?

Last edited by Faetyl : 12-18-2007 at 07:44 PM. Reason: Because I never do anything right the first time...
Unread 01-18-2008, 02:33 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

I keep getting a 'user cancelled update error' when I first I run the AU. I have uninstalled and deleted the files numerous times and still cannot get it to work after installing which is really aggravating. Is there any compatability issues with XP Pro? I had XP MCE & XP Home before and thorui ran fine.

I also get an exception in GetAFile

Last edited by ZANZIBAR : 01-18-2008 at 02:39 PM.
Unread 01-19-2008, 10:51 AM
A Griffon

Server: Permafrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZANZIBAR View Post
I keep getting a 'user cancelled update error' when I first I run the AU. I have uninstalled and deleted the files numerous times and still cannot get it to work after installing which is really aggravating. Is there any compatability issues with XP Pro? I had XP MCE & XP Home before and thorui ran fine.

Do you have a firewall up and running?

"Certainty of death! Small chance of success! What are we waiting for?!"

Unread 01-19-2008, 04:12 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Mistmoore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZANZIBAR View Post

I run XP Pro on two computers - play EQ2 on both using Thor UI. I have never seen any type of compatiblity issue for the past two years.
Unread 01-21-2008, 01:41 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

My firewall is setup to allow thorui to run but to give you the benefit of the doubt I disabled it and I still get the error. I can't copy and paste the details for some reason. I do get a 'download complete' before the error message.
Unread 02-03-2008, 12:25 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Just installed thor on a brand new machine and getting --

EXCEPTION in GetAFile
Local File Name: D:\Program Files\thorui\lock.txt
Socket Error # 10054

Same here, can't live without my ThorUI.

Please help
Unread 02-28-2008, 07:22 PM
A Coastal Crab

Ok so since I put this stupid windows vista on my comp I went to download the ThorUI which I had recently removed. I use the auto update everything downloads fine and the thorui AU comes up. I update all files, open up EQ2 and there is nothing. When I had XP everything went where it was suppose to when I downloaded the program, now the files go everywhere and I am not a computer guru. I look into the UI folder under the EQ2 directory and it isnt in there, so I move it there.......still nothing......Hmmmmm any idea's? I thought click download, run, next next next next, finish....Viole it would work. Atleast it did in the past haha. Can you say Vista or Me?
Unread 02-28-2008, 07:42 PM
A Griffon

Server: Valor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quevin View Post
Ok so since I put this stupid windows vista on my comp I went to download the ThorUI which I had recently removed. I use the auto update everything downloads fine and the thorui AU comes up. I update all files, open up EQ2 and there is nothing. When I had XP everything went where it was suppose to when I downloaded the program, now the files go everywhere and I am not a computer guru. I look into the UI folder under the EQ2 directory and it isnt in there, so I move it there.......still nothing......Hmmmmm any idea's? I thought click download, run, next next next next, finish....Viole it would work. Atleast it did in the past haha. Can you say Vista or Me?
I guess you have EQ2 installed within \program files path. Programs are not allowed to write files in there for several years now, but Vista is the first OS which enforces this. If a program writes files to a place which it is not allowed to, virtualization kicks in (for compatibility reasons) and reroutes the files to %UserProfile%\AppData\Local\VirtualStore . I guess you'll find the missing files in there.

Three ways to fix that, two of them you can do:
1. Move EQ2 out of \program files path. Virtualization will not move your files.
2. Run the updater as administrator (right click, then run as administrator). The updater will be allowed to write to \program files then.
Unread 04-15-2008, 10:51 PM
A Coastal Crab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyecat View Post
Just installed thor on a brand new machine and getting --

EXCEPTION in GetAFile
Local File Name: D:\Program Files\thorui\lock.txt
Socket Error # 10054

Same here, can't live without my ThorUI.

Please help
Was there a solution listed for this? I am experiencing the same problem. I upgraded my rig to a quad-core AMD and new mobo, reloaded Vista Ultimate x64, and now can not get Thor UI to run. The program opens, but I get this message in the window and it does not update. I also have all the latest updates, including SP1, and all the driver updates for my system as well.

Please help... Can't imagine roaming Norrath without my UI...
Unread 04-16-2008, 07:24 AM
A Griffon

Server: Permafrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by tias9052 View Post
Was there a solution listed for this? I am experiencing the same problem. I upgraded my rig to a quad-core AMD and new mobo, reloaded Vista Ultimate x64, and now can not get Thor UI to run. The program opens, but I get this message in the window and it does not update. I also have all the latest updates, including SP1, and all the driver updates for my system as well.

Please help... Can't imagine roaming Norrath without my UI...
If memory serves correctly, that lock error is/was a temporary error you would get if the file server (on Thor's side) was down for one reason or another (main reason was usually if/when he was updating the files to be sent). However, with the recent speculation of the death of ThorUI, perhaps he has taken the server down for good.

/shrug

"Certainty of death! Small chance of success! What are we waiting for?!"

Unread 04-16-2008, 09:13 AM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Kithicor
Unhappy Is this the end????

As sad as it makes me to say this. I think the end is here. File lock has been there for several days now. And attempts to access "http://thorui.thorsparks.com/" or the thorui info center directly fail. While it is not a failure such as we would get if the site did not exist, it IS a failure consisting of a single file with contents stating "The system cannot find the file specified." Looks like Faetyl has removed all UI content from his site. It's enough to make one cry.

I think we are safe till the next LU, but then I fear the worst. Has anyone tried the other total UIs? Any suggestions?

Wish I had the talents to have helped maintain this. But my efforts in this area have failed totally. And those simply efforts were enough to show me how much effort and time this was costing Faetyl. So despite my sadness, I salute him.

btw... Been with ThorUI from the beginning, just not big on chat. Ergo, the recent join date.

Last edited by Runsha : 04-16-2008 at 09:23 AM. Reason: Saved b4 finished. Oops.
Unread 04-16-2008, 12:01 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Runnyeye

Even with author MIA we can keep this alive.
I'm using ThorUI for over 2 years and I won't change it to anything else. So, I started looking at UI files and been lucky to fix GU44 issues with group window (posted in other thread). So we are good till next GU Than, we'll see.
Unread 04-18-2008, 07:25 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

This is what I get when I run the Thor AU
"The system cannont find the path specified"

I have played with this UI since first was released. Having come from using TK's stuff in EQ, this is the only UI I could live with. I cannot even fathom trying to piece together another UI. I will continue to use this until it breaks. Faetyl, if you are out there, please continue with this brilliant masterpiece <wipes the brown smudge off his nose>. I and I am sure others, would even consider donating to have a running server if you continue the updates.
Unread 04-19-2008, 12:15 PM
A Forest Scavenger

this is *the* ui as far as i am concerned. no extraneous junk, works well with everything and very customizable...

Please please someone take it over if the original author has stopped!
Unread 04-26-2008, 06:16 PM
A Coastal Crab

Default No More ThorUI

I too have used ThorUI since I started playing EQ2. Just won't be the same without it. Here's hoping we have not seen the last of Faetyl!!
Unread 04-27-2008, 05:25 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Same here, I have used ThorUI since I started playing EQ2, and would hate to see it go. It is so easy to use and has great ability for you to plug your own stuff in and choose what you truly want your UI to look like. I real hope it is a network hiccup and nothing more than that.
Unread 05-03-2008, 01:49 PM
A Coastal Crab

Default I will Miss Thor U/I

I will miss this U/I big time. I used the default U/I for about 1/2 year then I found this U/I. I love it and truly hate to see it go defunct after all this time. Please come back THOR!!!!

Abeahu 80 Conjy