EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > EQ2MAP > EQ2Map Troubleshooting

Unread 01-05-2009, 03:37 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default New Map 1.2.0 not working correctly

Problem:
-No mobs or named NPCs are showing up on the map(s).
The map is unavailable in any other place than the larger areas such as Ant or NF etc. (Until this point I have had to memorize places like SH, DB and such and my brain is getting a little overloaded, hehe)
-I have no idea what a clean download is or exactly what I need to do to insure I get one.
-I am very UNknowledgeable in using/finding/resolving program issues with a computer esp Vista which seems to be way over my head.
I know what a firewall is but dont know where to look to find it.
Situation:
-I have downloaded the new Auto Updater map 1.2.0 (2 times) I have found (somehow) that I still have an older version of the Updater located in my PC and wasnt sure if I should uninstall or if it was overwritten.
-I am running Windows Vista
-I have the Updater Map running compatable for vista and as administrater.
-I am running of PlaytheFae digital download of the game ( I have that part of the Auto Updater path set correctly, which is extremely remarkable for me, lol)
-I have been informed and read about having one of the files being .ini and not .exe but have no clue of where to find it as I am totally unfamiliar with Vista.
-I believe the file I downloaded is zipped and do not know how to unzip, if this is a factor.
Solution:
-This is what I am in need of (obviously, lol) but please, and I am almost begging here, please just dont give me PC jargon. I am not trying to sound rude but after reading the previous posts, I have found that I do not understand the standard reponse of "you need a clean download" and when I read about it I get totally lost. Or the response that gives "go here do this, then do that" because again, it is totally another language to me that I have only a minute amount of insight to. I do apologize if I sound frustrated but it is not with the people who help, it's me and the fact that I cannot figure this out with all the good information posted. If anyone can "DUMB" it down for me step by step so that I may be able to use this map properly I would be soooooooo sincerly appreciative. Thank you in advance for any and all assistance.

Last edited by voodeisel : 01-05-2009 at 03:40 PM.
Unread 01-05-2009, 04:57 PM
EQ2MAP Developer
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Splitpaw

If it reads 1.2.0 in the window title you have the latest version installed, no need to uninstall any old version.
But as you describe the in game map you have the default soe map.
If the updater run as it should then the path is wrong for it
You can search for everquest2.exe to find all copys of the game , but as you use fae version im not sure if this is the case, it may use a diffrent name.

The best is to check the propertys for the icon you use to launch the game for the right path.
Unread 01-05-2009, 08:49 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

k, i think i am following so far. I have directed the path for the updater mapo to be with the digital download that i have installed. It does auto launch the game if that clarifies anything. I have been told that, the file needs to be unzipped for vista but i dont know. Also, I have been told that i need to change something from .exe to .ini for the updater to work properly. If this is the case what exactly needs to be changed and where do I find it? thank you for your response.
Unread 01-06-2009, 03:01 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

As jnils said, if your auto-updater reads "(Version 1.2.0) in the titebar then you have the current version. Otherwise download the current version. It is a zip file, but under Vista it should appear as a folder. Go into that folder and run the EQ2MAP-Updater-1.2.0-Setup.exe.

Once you installed the newest version run it (as admin).

As jnils said, if it downloads files but you still don't get the map in game then it is downloading to the wrong folder. Many people have several installations of EQ2 without knowing it. As jnils also already said, you can find them all by searching your disks for everquest2.exe. Then click on options on the updater to change the path to EverQuest 2 to the other one you found.
Unread 01-06-2009, 08:21 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Ok, situation is resolved. I would have to apologize for not mentioning one important factor - I have Station Launcher. I downloaded Everquest II from the Station Launcher (which I did not do when I first purchased the game from SOE) and deleted the trial download. I then ran the path to the newly downloaded Everquest II file and it didnt work. Then a lightbulb came on and I used the path C:\Program Files\Sony\Station\Station Launcher\LaunchPad.exe , which ran the path to the Station Launcher then to Everquest II. I now have the map running well so far (I dont want to jinx anything, lol.) The information on using a differfent path as well as gm9 mentioning "Many people have several installations of EQ2 without knowing it." was the information I needed to look for everything associated with eq2. I know you may think the little info you gave may have not been much, but it was enough to assist me in getting the map to work. Thank you so much, and if this post help anyone, that would be great.
If i may make a sugestion - Maybe you could put in the download page something about the SL and using that path. I do not believe when the download comes up it offers the SL as a path option and some ppl might not know.
Anyway thank you both again for your patience with me and assistance.
Unread 01-06-2009, 11:59 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Oasis

The Station Launcher should of put the needed information the registry for jnils updater to detect the correct path. It did it to mine IIRC.
Unread 01-08-2009, 02:47 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

It probably did but because I am not well versed with things like this I may have overlooked it. The map is running very well and again thank you very much.