Featured

Server: Blackburrow
Default Fetish Nightfall Full Release

Fetish Nightfall Download Page
Features
Credits & Innovations
Update History

Fetish Themes

Fetish Nightfall is a complete "splash screen to logout" reskin and functionality overhaul. A comprehensive feature list can be viewed with the link above.

Nightfall is the first Fetish "Motif", designed to be easily updated with new graphic and texture "Themes" with minimal XML editing. Alternate themes are available with more being added slowly.

Keep an eye out for alternate motifs, based on the same Fetish Framework, such as Fetish Classic

Modders are encouraged to upload alternate Themes to the Fetish Themes download page, and windows as add-ons to each Motif download page. Basic instructions for reskining other mods for Nightfall can be found in the FetishNightfall.doc. More info may be provided in this thread in the future.

INSTALL procedure has changed! Read this thread and follow the install instruction carefully!
Improper install may result in non-functional windows and/or incorrect display.

Incase you're having trouble finding the EQ2MAP auto-updater download page, Here's a link to it (found under Downloads/Team Projects/EQ2MAP on this site).

Instructions for installing optional files, optional settings and several commonly requested customizations can be found in the dedicated Fetish Featured Author forumn. Documentation has been removed from the ZIP.

Posted questions/requests covered by the manual and this thread will likely be ignored. If you don't have time to read my docs, I don't have time to answer your questions

Last edited by Zonx : 12-03-2006 at 11:14 AM.
Unread 03-29-2005, 12:37 AM
A Green Troll
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Default Nightfall Features

Moved to a dedicated thread in my featured author forum.

Last edited by Zonx : 12-03-2006 at 10:49 AM.
Unread 03-29-2005, 05:12 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Mistmoore

Love the new mini-art during zoning, but would it be possible for you to post an addon which moves the progress bar to the bottom of the mini-art? As it is now, the progress bar obscures the more interesting parts of most of the images. No sense having mini-art if we can't see it, right?

Also, is there any chance we might see more bag styles/sizes in the future? I personally would love to have one that is always 2 columns wide, with vertical filling. (in other words, 4-slots would be 2x2, 6-slots would be 2x3, 12-slots would be 2x6, etc.
Unread 03-29-2005, 05:34 AM
A Green Troll
Featured

Don't want the zoning window area getting to big and potentially obscuring stuff. Kinda ruins the chat while zoning feature Also don't want the prog bar covering the Exit button.

Yah more bag styles will be released, though 2 across isn't quite as practicle with upwards of 36 slots. 18 tall could be an issue, thats about 600 pixels high at 75% scale, 820 at 100%.

A recent test had Dynamic bags working with stay-put feature, so I'll probably release a couple unconventional fills. DynamicBags can completely rearange slots and window sizes for each bag depending on its slot count. So I'll probably do one that fills down 12, then balances 2 columns till 24, then balances 3 columns till 36. 12 slots would be a single column, 14 slots would be 2x7, 30 would be 3x10 for example.

Basic predictable fills are easy to do in Notepad. Just take an existing bag file of the scale you like and tweak it. Sizer properties on the page object set window size for the matching slot count. Other than that, you just gotta set the slot locations.

Last edited by Zonx : 03-29-2005 at 06:04 AM.
Unread 03-29-2005, 07:02 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Cant Get Collapse by Default to stick.

Cant Get Collapse by Default to stick.

I have followed your instructions in the fetish.doc but it does not seem to stick to collapse by default.

Quote:
Collapse by Default: Open the inventory file eq2ui_inventory_inventory.xml in Notepad. The 8th line of code reads:

" PackLocation="

Replace with the following code (all one line):

Collapse.Activated=true Collapse.Checked=true"OnHide="Collapse.Activated=false Collapse.Checked=false" PackLocation="
Unread 03-29-2005, 07:15 AM
A Green Troll
Featured

Looks like you're missing a space before the OnHide
Code:
Collapse.Activated=true Collapse.Checked=true" OnHide="Collapse.Activated=false Collapse.Checked=false" PackLocation="
Unread 03-29-2005, 07:33 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonx
Don't want the zoning window area getting to big and potentially obscuring stuff. Kinda ruins the chat while zoning feature Also don't want the prog bar covering the Exit button.
This is understandable, but all I meant was have it over the bottom portion of the image, rather than the top portion.
Unread 03-29-2005, 07:39 AM
Wrath of Evil
Premium Member

Server: Everfrost

Zonx,

You've done a marvelous job here. Outstanding job, my friend!

Question: Is it possible to get any of this full interface released as individual modules, e.g. Player Window, Target/Implied Target Window, Group Window, etc. ?
Unread 03-30-2005, 12:37 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonx
A recent test had Dynamic bags working with stay-put feature, so I'll probably release a couple unconventional fills. DynamicBags can completely rearange slots and window sizes for each bag depending on its slot count. So I'll probably do one that fills down 12, then balances 2 columns till 24, then balances 3 columns till 36. 12 slots would be a single column, 14 slots would be 2x7, 30 would be 3x10 for example.
With 66% bags (which is what I use), 18-down is big, but non un-manageable. Perhaps once you get dynamic bags working right, you could make one that is always 2 columns?
Unread 03-29-2005, 10:09 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadditude
Love the new mini-art during zoning, but would it be possible for you to post an addon which moves the progress bar to the bottom of the mini-art? As it is now, the progress bar obscures the more interesting parts of most of the images. No sense having mini-art if we can't see it, right?
Ok, went in and moved the status bar myself, and uploaded the changed zoning xml as an addon in case anyone else wants to use it. Darn you, Fetish! You are turning me into a modder!
Unread 03-30-2005, 11:10 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Kithicor
Default Not auto loading clock

Love the Skin, Best ever!

But can I remove the auto load on the clock, I have my own experience bar which shows me all of that info thats in the clock.

How do I remove the clock from my UI?
Unread 03-30-2005, 11:41 AM
A Crazed Gnoll

Server: Befallen

delete it, it's called eq2ui_mainhud_clock.xml
Unread 03-30-2005, 11:53 AM
A Crazed Gnoll

Another question for ya Zonix. How do I get rid of the afgadfgadfg in the Community window. so it won't be there when I first load it up
Unread 03-30-2005, 11:59 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Open up the community window, look for the line that has local text ="asdasd" and delete the local text= part.
Unread 04-02-2005, 11:12 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by floppytoes
Open up the community window, look for the line that has local text ="asdasd" and delete the local text= part.

yea but which file in the UI is the community window?

nevermind, I found it....
Unread 03-30-2005, 01:13 PM
A Coastal Crab

Default Problem with Trait window

ok love this UI but ran into a small problem last night when i clicked on the plus to choose my new trait upon reaching lvl 36 there were no choices listed in the window, i had to uninstall to be able to choose it is this a known issue or have i done something wrong?
Unread 03-30-2005, 02:12 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Could it be that retrieving Shards from Doors is bugged in your UI?

I missed to check it out yesterday by reseting to standart UI and see if it is realy your UI not giving the option.
Had to petition and GM gave the shard to me i couldnt reach by any means.

Kinda scarry if there are things one cant see due to a moded UI but i reallly dislike the standart Super Large UI SoE gave us.
Unread 03-30-2005, 02:47 PM
A Forest Scavenger

If you have probs with the UI, you can always change your eq2.ini file back by putting default where fetish is. Then you will go to the ugly EQ2 ui to do what you need to do. Then of course, I am sure Zonx will want to hear if the problem IS his UI and not SOE's problem.
Unread 03-30-2005, 08:17 PM
A Green Troll
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by realx
Could it be that retrieving Shards from Doors is bugged in your UI?
Anything is possible, but this one sounds unlikely. Unless they changed it, door shard retrieval is a right-click menu operation. Nothing I do affects what items go into the menu, so if its displaying correctly for anything, it should work for everything. Right-click menu seams to be functioning correctly in every test I've done.
Unread 03-30-2005, 08:19 PM
A Green Troll
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearklaaw
ok love this UI but ran into a small problem last night when i clicked on the plus to choose my new trait upon reaching lvl 36 there were no choices listed in the window, i had to uninstall to be able to choose it is this a known issue or have i done something wrong?
This was a known bug with BETA 3, confirmed fixed with full release. Download and install the full release.
Unread 04-03-2005, 09:53 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Default several text boxes have default text strings not removed

Including
community window, friends tab, add friend text box
community window, ignored tab, add ignored text box
help window, knowledge base tab, search text box

I fixed these myself by removing the string in question.
Unread 04-03-2005, 01:32 PM
A Green Troll
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xalorous
Including...
Aye, minor annoyances easy to fix. Thx for the list. They'll be fixed in the next big update.

There currently is no known way to force focus to a particular textbox.

Bags not saving location is a SOE bug that appears to be corupting server setting ini files on the client end. Binton posted a replacement file in my FetishClassic thread that's supposed to fix the problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VvV
One small problem...
Nothing on my end should affect how a checkbox alters a search/remove other than disabeling it alltogether.

Basic instructions for reskinning other mods for NightFall can be found in the .doc, at the end, just befor the credits.

Open all Bank bags is currently impossible, I've already tried VERY hard at it.

Windowed/fullscreen might be possible as a clickable key, but you do know Alt + Enter already togles between the 2
Unread 04-03-2005, 09:54 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Default focus on friends/ignored notes entry dialog not in the dialog

You have to click notes button, then click in the box to enter a note. Could we get the focus in the text box by default for these popups?
Unread 04-03-2005, 11:38 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xalorous
You have to click notes button, then click in the box to enter a note. Could we get the focus in the text box by default for these popups?
I had asked something like this on the Request forum and was told that it was not possible, unless whoever answered my request was wrong.
Unread 04-03-2005, 12:35 PM
A Coastal Crab

Default Great Work-One bug and a few suggestiongs

Love the UI !

One small problem I noticed - I had some difficulty removing people from my friends list - If I had only online checked and I tried to remove a highlighted friend it would remove the wrong person - unchecking only online fixed this
Any thoughts of incorporating Kosmos' startbutton enhancements and nightvision or adding in yourown custom performance profile switcher ? Or tips on how I can re-color his so it blend in with night fall ?

Also I dont know if its possible but there are 2 features I would love to see - a hotkey to switch between full and windowed mode and a hotkey to open all the bags in your bank vault.

Thanks !
vVv