EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Request

Unread 11-13-2004, 06:39 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default font sizes

I play everquest 2 on my TV which is causing me some problems. The text size is so small (quick arial helped a little) that it is still very difficult to read. Lately I've been circuventing this problem by playing in windowed mode (seems to make it more pixelated and choppier but bigger) and using a 3rd party zoom program to zoom in when I need to read anything, but this is becoming way too tedious. I do realize there is a slider bar for font size in the chat window, but it maxes out at 20 which is barely readable on a TV, and that is only chat dialogue, quest journal and npc speech is still terribly small and there is nothing you can do about it.

Is it possible to increase the font size of all the text significantly, or possibly even add new sliders cibtriks for the size of all game text (not just the chat text).

Last edited by burgessd : 11-13-2004 at 06:42 AM.
Unread 11-13-2004, 09:41 AM
A Forest Scavenger

If you right click on the text window that you want changed and choose chat options, there should be a bar to change your font size. I think its located at bottom of the chat options.

http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=748788

Vicer ~ 14 troll warrior ~ steamfont
Quoth ~ 10 erudite enchanter ~ steamfont
Unread 11-13-2004, 04:06 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
I do realize there is a slider bar for font size in the chat window, but it maxes out at 20 which is barely readable on a TV, and that is only chat dialogue, quest journal and npc speech is still terribly small and there is nothing you can do about it.
Only goes up to size 20, which is managable on a TV, my main problem is the rest of the game text, no option for size at all.
Unread 11-13-2004, 08:17 PM
A Weald Wolf
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest
Default Quick Fix for the mouseover font

Here is a quick fix to make the mouseover font much bigger.

1)Copy the default eq2ui_TooltipStyles.xml into your custom ui folder.
2) Find the line that says --- TextStyle="/Fonts.FontZapf15"
3) Change it to read TextStyle="/Fonts.FontMorpheus24"
4) or just download this file and put it in your customui folder BIG TOOLTIP FONT

another font is FontKabosGyula30 i just noticed it havent tried it ingame to see what it looks like though. Hope that helps a little.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Big Tooltip Font.zip (318 Bytes, 793 views)
Unread 11-14-2004, 07:38 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Wow, that could really help out my situation. I'm still a little confused as to how I can implement what you said. I don't have a custom UI folder in everquest, and the quick arial just went into the plain UI folder when I unzipped and it worked fine. I tried putting the tooltip syle file in the UI folder, nothing happened, I tried overwriting the tool tip file in the UI/default/ folder and nothing happened (I made a backup first though).

What exactly am I supposed to do?
Unread 11-14-2004, 07:49 AM
A Weald Wolf

Server: Unrest

Sorry should have included an ini file with that. But check out this post here to make it work. If you cant get it ill put everything in a .zip for you.
Unread 11-18-2004, 12:10 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Ok so with the .ini file it works great, tooltips are a million times easier to read now. I tried the KabosGyuna30 font and I like it the best, just makes things super easy to read on a TV. I also tried playing around with some other files and font sizes, and managed to make my quest journal and active quest box up to 30 size too (If anyone wants the file for that just ask, I'd be happy to contribute).

I keep playing around with the different files and font sizes but I can't seem to find a way to increase the chat box size beyond 20 or make peoples names above their heads or in my group menu bigger. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Unread 05-17-2005, 03:16 PM
A Coastal Crab

Plz need these mods for active and quest journal been driving myself nutz since monitor went and hooked up to our old big screen tv. The tooltip thing was very helpful too. ty now for past and future help
Unread 05-17-2005, 08:44 PM
aka Mook
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

Server: Nektulos

Using QuickArial:

http://www.eq2interface.com/download...fo.php?id=3230

It moves all of the font definitions for US/EU localized versions into a single file so you can edit them easier, and changes everything to use system fonts so you don't have to use BuildFont.

Just open eq2ui_fonts.xml with Notepad, scroll down, and change the PointSize, FontName (for changing to Impact or Times new Roman or whatever), and Algorithm (Simple or Bold) for each font line, leaving Name alone.

Most of the UI uses FontZapf15, so that's the one you should increase first.

If you don't like Arial then you can switch it back to Times New Roman (and Bold), which is pretty close to the original font.

Good luck!