EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > XML Modification Help & Info

Unread 08-29-2005, 06:32 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Antonia Bayle
Question Help with understanding!

Hi guys,

I'm trying to mod a mod (not even create my own one!), but I'm having a lot of trouble. Basically it's an experience bar. I want to add Earth time to it, as well as the location my character is currently in in the game plus change the colour of the experience text.

Now I tried to start big, copying and pasting lines in from other mods which do have the desired parts in that xp bar (but obvously not other parts that I would like which appear in the bar I have), but that caused problems (the game crashing on startup). So I thought I'd start small.

I then found the part of the file which affected the colour of the text and changed it to white (#FFFFFF), which I thought would be an easy thing. Indeed, I have a mod that removes the loading screen, and the desired text had changed to white, but the game still crashed when it actually started. I just do not understand why!

I'm completely at a loss as to understanding what the page tags do in xml, as well as just which tags solely to each individual part of the experience bar (so when copying and pasting, which set of tags are required for displaying the location of my character, which set of tags are required for displaying earth time etc etc). I can see roughly which ones they are, using common sense, but it's not that easy and there seems to be more tags than is obvious.

Please could you show me, if you wanted to add the location of your character in the game to your experience bar, all the code you'd have to add, with a brief explanation of all the tags and code, plus how it is grouped or what not. I think that would definitely set me on the right path, and help explain just which tags belong to what part of the experience bar.

Please help!

Contro.
Unread 08-31-2005, 03:19 AM
A Brown Bear

Anyone?! I'm desperate!
Unread 08-31-2005, 10:44 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Runnyeye

Telling us what mod you are trying to mod would be a good start bud
Unread 08-31-2005, 11:20 AM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Server: Unrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contro81
Please help!

Contro.
A few questions:
1.) Are you using the EQ2UIBuilder to modify the xml? (If not, you should start there. Perform a search here and you will find a bounty of information)
2.) What Experience Window Mod are you attempting to modify? (Some mods refer to custom Style pages which can make your coding a nightmare as you would need to edit the eq2ui.xml and include the custom files. Most of the mods that I've seen doing this simply copy the default Sony code to there own pages and perform slight modifications to it there.) Simply put; if you're just starting out, avoid those mods.
3.) Could you post the mod you are editing here as an attachment and also include the mod that you would like to take items from and what those items are? (If you do this, someone could edit the file based on your preferences and then post here for you to see what was changed) This should assist you with figuring out what needs to be done.

Hope this helps and welcome aboard.
Forums

Got Guild?

"Always code as if the person who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live."
Unread 09-02-2005, 02:13 PM
A Brown Bear

Hi there!

I've included the two experience bar mods which I am trying to merge. I like the Pyro one, but want to have the real world time as well as the location my character is currently in added to the experience bar (which is present in Jadds experience bar), and also want to change the gained experience level (which is currently blue and green) to just white.

If you could help with this, that would be amazing!

Thanks!

Contro.
Attached Files
File Type: zip PyroExpBar.zip (2.1 KB, 189 views)
File Type: zip Jadds_moab_xp.zip (2.4 KB, 190 views)
Unread 09-02-2005, 02:16 PM
A Brown Bear

Sorry, forgot to mention this part: I have tried to use the eq2 uibuilder, but it doesn't seem very straightforward. I don't know if that's due to the problem you mention, as when I tried to open the files using that tool, it didn't really help at all :-(

I'm not really sure I could use it from scratch anyway to be honest!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faetyl
A few questions:
1.) Are you using the EQ2UIBuilder to modify the xml? (If not, you should start there. Perform a search here and you will find a bounty of information)
2.) What Experience Window Mod are you attempting to modify? (Some mods refer to custom Style pages which can make your coding a nightmare as you would need to edit the eq2ui.xml and include the custom files. Most of the mods that I've seen doing this simply copy the default Sony code to there own pages and perform slight modifications to it there.) Simply put; if you're just starting out, avoid those mods.
3.) Could you post the mod you are editing here as an attachment and also include the mod that you would like to take items from and what those items are? (If you do this, someone could edit the file based on your preferences and then post here for you to see what was changed) This should assist you with figuring out what needs to be done.

Hope this helps and welcome aboard.