EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > XML Modification Help & Info

Unread 07-20-2005, 10:24 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Button Help

I've been wanting to learn how to modify the UI and trying to read posts & look at other peoples work. I have managed to make minor graphical modification, but I am wanting to create more useful things.

Is there any guide that might go through the steps of creating buttons that do things? Like for example a tutorial that would explain how to make a button for your store window that opens the browse market window & places the selected store item name into the markets search window & searches for it?

Yes I know there are UI mods out there that all ready do this, I have examined them & kind of understand most of what they are doing...but I have no interest in partially understanding & just copy & pasting someone elses work.

Also this was only an example I choose because I think understanding this would go a long way towards being able to do a lot.... as it would help me understand how to effect other windows (opening them, grabbing text/info from a selected object in a window, placing text into another windows child window, & pressing/activating buttons on another window).

Any Suggestions?