EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Released

Unread 11-18-2006, 08:10 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Runnyeye

Hmm ... only thing i can think of is that you mean like all the numbers etc have gone, If so then change the view on the target window to frame and title bar , as its that setting that makes em show
Unread 11-19-2006, 01:07 AM
A Nerius Seer

Server: Blackburrow
Default Target Bar

Now my question is for you laffs:

the old target bars had in the alternate xml files had the pet bar underneath the target. it may be something i'm missing, remember i run in 1600 by 1200. maybe i need a 6th hot bar under mine now, but i thought the point of the lower right hand pet window was to take advantage of the extra bar of the target window. Please let me know soon thanks!!!!

Krylosis

PS: i'm gonna try the new exp window and see what happens.
Unread 11-19-2006, 01:58 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle

Thanks Laff that was it. Didn't even think of that usually when i put in your UI settings for my screen size its there. You trying to throw me off rofl =p
Unread 11-19-2006, 02:39 AM
A Nerius Seer

Laffs: The issue with the coins is resolved but something wierd happened. before i installed the newest download of your UI and the EXP mod my exp meter would ding me on 10%'s and 100%'s correctly. after the exp xml mod i'm now getting 100.9%. I will do some more testing and confirm this.

also, in addition to the target bar, i hope your OCD that makes you keep everything kept the neon_purple.dds I believe it was: Perdigraphics_neonPurple.dds (might be Perdigraphics_Neon_Purple.dds) would be nice since i love purple and the NEON was a great color.

Krylosis.

/edit to get the file names closer to the original so you can find it. =)

Last edited by Krylosis : 11-19-2006 at 02:42 AM.
Unread 11-19-2006, 10:01 AM
A Griffon

I made a new pet window that was exactly the same hight and width of the one that was in with the target window so that should fit in the space.. I will recheck to make sure that one is in with the download still....

I think the neon purple is still here maybe in the addon's section in the UI download page... Not sure if I even have it on my system anymore.. but it is here somplace lol

The exp % is not a bug with the UI SoE changed the way they round up the exp numbers a little while back so the number after the . now is misleading the only fix would be to remove the number after the . I was just going to leave it for a while to see if they change it again in the near future.. It has been known lol
Unread 11-19-2006, 10:54 AM
A Nerius Seer

well most of my toons don't have a pet so if it's not comingup then i do have not seen it yet. i'll hop on my mage. looking for the purple. now.

/edit: checked for it and there is a file of add ons from long ago but nothing for the colors =( oh just would be strange that before the ui fix for the coins it'd be right on then after it isnt hmm wierd.

ANYONE have the old various colors for this awesome UI? =)

Krylosis

Last edited by Krylosis : 11-19-2006 at 11:09 AM.
Unread 11-19-2006, 08:25 PM
A Griffon

Well couldnt find it in this thread I gave up after page 10 lol... and only have the blue on my system still oh and the pink lol

So I had a bit mess about and this looks purple to me likes or as close to the purple one that I can recall.. give it a try anyways.
Attached Files
File Type: zip perdigraphics.zip (235.2 KB, 222 views)
Unread 11-20-2006, 12:21 AM
A Nerius Seer

thanks laffs, the one i liked was the neon purple borders with the purple/black windows. =) but this is definately purple. thanks... =)

Krylosis
Unread 11-20-2006, 03:01 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

Thumbs Up

Hi Laffs,

Great work with the UI as usual!

One request - Is there any chance you could make a bags mod that is 30px or 25px? I used to used MorpheusDead bags as they were really easy to line up and had no deadspace but when I had a look at changing the xml I could change the size of the slots but not the window.

Thanks in advance,

Seggo
Unread 11-20-2006, 08:39 PM
A Griffon

Sure can do that but they will be on either a horizontal or 4x9 grid likes sorry.. send me a pm to tell me what you need and that will also remind me lol
Unread 11-22-2006, 04:47 PM
A Coastal Crab

Power bar and a few other bars just dissapeared..another person posted the same happening to them .. any ideas?
Unread 11-22-2006, 08:19 PM
A Griffon

In the game options there is a checkbox that says Dont hide main hud windows ... make sure it is un ticked for now then accept.

Now toggle alt+u twice , If that dont work then try alt+c , alt+n , alt+t

Probaly posted this info about 50 times now lol , But having said that I couldnt find it when I tried to look for it in the forums here lol.. Its gotten burried
Unread 11-23-2006, 12:05 AM
A Nerius Seer

Laffs, I think the issue before was the implied target or target bar.

oh by the way, i know what's up with the pet health bar! you pulled it from the Target bar. but the pet commands for bottom right uses that one and an invisible normal pet health bar. that's where it went =) so now i've gotta shift back to the original pet bar not the bottom right.

does that make sense?
Unread 11-23-2006, 12:34 PM
A Griffon

yeh I understand what your saying... keep in mind it was a long time ago since I made this set of mods and vaguely recall what the bottom one looked like even lol

There has been so many changes to the UI structure over the past 8 months or so that I have only been updating the main files used and one or two others, And also working on making it all more easy for me to keep it updated also.

All the different variations that I had were fine at the time but now it has become a chore to try and keep them all working with the rest...

I am going to be looking at all 3 UI's somtime soon and making them or rather the pieces more compatable with each other (have already started on part of that) makes it easier and quicker for me to update, So I am going to take a look at the "alt" windows and see what can be added back in with ease, without having to swap files about hopefully.
Unread 11-25-2006, 03:36 AM
A Nerius Seer

that's fine =) just thought i'd let you know what I found, even if you don't put it back in, well I'm gonna shift to the normal pet window and see what that is like, perhaps I'll like it, but sometimes people want something minimal, the UI does take a good portion of the screen as if you play letter boxed you loose ui definition and some indications on it.

so perhaps the alternate pet bar might need to be a miminalistic. but agian i haven't taken alook at the normal stuff.

Krylosis
Unread 11-25-2006, 09:16 AM
A Crazed Gnoll

Lightbulb Player Health and Power in Group Window

Laffs,

I have a long term request bearing in mind that just keeping these UI's current is a chore. Is there any chance that the group window can be modified so that my player's health/power is displayed along side the others in the same format? e.g. The group window will have 6 slots instead of 5 and one of them would be me! Maybe have a different backgound/colour around the player bars.

The reason for this is I am very good at keeping an eye on my fellow group members health but sometimes forget to check my own in the excitment

Thanks again for all your hard work!

Regards,

Seggo

PS Thanks for the offer on the bag change but I am using your default one now as I have heard about problems with getting the iconbank to show more than four columns. Made me appreciate your work even more

Last edited by Seggo : 11-25-2006 at 11:07 AM.
Unread 11-25-2006, 02:36 PM
A Griffon

Hehehe thanks..

Here is the latest version of "da bag" .. I looked at my own and also all the others here as well.. especialy the one in downloads with the no wasted space.. I forget exactly who's it was.. but that guy get's credit for the math with this one on the sizes...

Group window..

Well its impossible to shrink the group boxes anymore to fit another one in.. And making it bigger would throw the alignment out of the adjacent windows left and right...

All you realy need is like 2 bars that represent your health and power.. I will take a look and see what I can come up with m8
Attached Files
File Type: xml eq2ui_inventory_bag.xml (2.4 KB, 316 views)
Unread 11-27-2006, 01:14 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Awesome Awesome UI ... I was wondering is there a way for someone to put in a broker/seller mod like the one in the Fetish Nightfall or in Profits

Thanks,
Daemonic
Unread 11-27-2006, 11:13 AM
A Griffon

Far as I am aware of nearly all other mods will work with this UI

With the exception of Fetish as that UI and associated pieces will replace some key files that make the rest of mine work (or at least they did last time I looked)

Other window files that you cant replace are,

Clock, Compass, Player and Target

Broker mods work fine, Better to choose one that uses the default background though for example I use the eXtreem stand alone one..
Unread 11-27-2006, 01:31 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

Smile

I also use the Extreme standalone broker mod and it is excellent, especially as it allows you to compare prices for items you have for sale with others on the broker.
Unread 11-27-2006, 07:25 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laffs
Far as I am aware of nearly all other mods will work with this UI

With the exception of Fetish as that UI and associated pieces will replace some key files that make the rest of mine work (or at least they did last time I looked)
Other window files that you cant replace are,

Clock, Compass, Player and Target

Broker mods work fine, Better to choose one that uses the default background though for example I use the eXtreem stand alone one..
The problem I have with the extreme stand alone is that it is too freakin huge on the screen when in price compare mode... All the other Market UI's I try to rip out (Profit, Vert, ect..) all use fetish design so they do not work... I am trying to get one that is always in price compare type mode and has the advanced search on the standard window like in the fetish mod so you do not have to click the retarded advanced search
Unread 11-27-2006, 08:10 PM
A Griffon

Lol....

Okies link me the one you want to use.. and I will make it work...

It will be functional anyway as it is but you will loose the frame and background (it will probably show up in black) the fonts should be there as I think the Fetish mods have been converted now to use the default ones..

Link the bugger anyway, and I will make the adjustments... But it wont be included in the UI download, as its not mine and will be subject to change more than likely after a few more LUD's lol .. one reason why I stopped modding that window myself a while back now, There is alot of code in there and its a pain to work on, Besides most windows like that one do basicly the same stuff but in different styles now anyway so why bother re-inventing the wheel when what I would make would be more or less exacly along the same lines as ther other main one's lol
Unread 11-27-2006, 09:13 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laffs
Lol....

Okies link me the one you want to use.. and I will make it work...

It will be functional anyway as it is but you will loose the frame and background (it will probably show up in black) the fonts should be there as I think the Fetish mods have been converted now to use the default ones..

Link the bugger anyway, and I will make the adjustments... But it wont be included in the UI download, as its not mine and will be subject to change more than likely after a few more LUD's lol .. one reason why I stopped modding that window myself a while back now, There is alot of code in there and its a pain to work on, Besides most windows like that one do basicly the same stuff but in different styles now anyway so why bother re-inventing the wheel when what I would make would be more or less exacly along the same lines as ther other main one's lol
Actually it is fine Profit made a stand alone that works fine... thank you for the offer though

http://www.eq2interface.com/download...fo.php?id=4291
Unread 12-10-2006, 06:07 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

After downloading the last update on 12/7 on two seperate computers all NPC and PC names have disappeared. In their place there are circles when you target the npc. Any idea why this is happening? I asked my guild and no one else is having the same issue.
Unread 12-10-2006, 08:39 PM
A Griffon

Fonts and textstyles files it sounds like to me .. but they are in the zip and working fine for me /shrug

try deleting

eq2ui_textstyles.xml
eq2ui_fonts.xml

From the LAFFSV8 folder and log back in you should see the default fonts on nearly all windows then.. Then let me know if you can see npc names and such please.. since i havent modded the file that relates to them just the 2 above..