Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 03-07-2010, 09:56 AM
Premium Member
Premium Member
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Everfrost
Default Request for help

Hello,

I have been going through the forums but I'm not actually sure what I am looking for so I was wondering if someone could point me in the right directions.

I am very new to making modifications and have started out with a little mod based on the pooka druid rings file. It's all working great so I have started to play with it a bit more. I would like to add an image to the background and maybe change the style of the buttons.

This seems to be where I am getting completely lost. I understand that the mod is looking at an image .dds file I have looked at these images and even had the UIbuilder open after reading a tutorial by Phipps trying to make some sense of it but I think this confused me more.

This is the part of the code that I believe I need to change but I am completely unsure of how to start going about it. I started changing the /WindowElements... more in the blind hope I could get it to do something and figure it out from there but nothing I do seems to change anything.

Code:
<Page Name="WindowFrame" PackSize="absolute,absolute" ScrollExtent="329,137" Size="329,137">
                <Page AbsorbsInput="false" BackgroundOpacity="1.000" Name="Frame" PackLocation="left,top" PackSize="absolute,absolute" RStyleDefault="/WindowElements.DesktopWindowFrame.data.frame.rect" ScrollExtent="329,137" Size="329,137" />
        <Page AbsorbsInput="false" BackgroundOpacity="1.000" Name="Bkg" PackLocation="left,top" PackSize="absolute,absolute" RStyleDefault="/WindowElements.DesktopWindowFrame.data.bkg.rect" ScrollExtent="329,137" Size="329,137" />
I have seen others use custom backgrounds on things so I know it's possible. Any help that can be put my way would be sincerely appreciated as I would like to understand this better.

Many thanks

Mistal

Last edited by Mistal : 03-07-2010 at 10:00 AM.