EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > XML Modification Help & Info

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 04-20-2008, 09:07 AM
A Young Mystail Rat
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default New to making UI's 8- ), be gentle.

Ok, so I am literally riping my hair out.

I recently requested if someone could make a click to Mana Flow button next to group members names in the group window and thought well what the hell, I may as well learn this myself seeing im interested in it.

I have got all the way to the point of needing to insert a picture of the icon I want to use for the New button I have inserted and also, seeing I shrunk the HP/Mana bars down by about 5% to fit the button into the default UI group window as to not want to make it any bigger, that now the bubbles related with the HP/mana bars are not lined up correctly.

Now I noticed I had to adjust all of the sizes of the HP/mana bar windows, backgroup and bubble overlays to the same size as the newly sized window so for example:

Height= 6
width = 96

Now I have done this and the bubbles still want to scale to the default HP/mana bar size, anything I am missing?

In reguards to the picture of Mana Flow icon, I can find the icon I need but its in a cluster of icons in the UI > Images > Icons > icon_as2.dds file, which when I open the file up with Nero Photosnap editor I can then cut/paste it out into a new file but this wont save the pic into the .xml file I believe, this means that if and when i get this UI fuctional (which it is apart from the bubble overlay and no pic on Mana Flow button) that people who download it would have to do the same thing to get a pic on thier new button, which obviously I do not want to make them do, so any hints here also please people.

One serious issue I am having though is making the click to cure buttons target the previous target i had, I am inserting:

useabilityonplayer parent.Name.LocalText Cure Curse||target_previous

Does it work like this or am I doing something wrong?

I really appreciate any info, I am a total .xml noob and only using EQ2ui Builder atm and I dont understand how to use Notebook ++, so I am keeping things simple and just sticking with UI builder until I understand it a little better.

Sorry for the long drawn out post but very much appreciate any help or info.