EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > XML Modification Help & Info

Unread 02-01-2007, 09:22 PM
A Griffon
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Lucan DLere
Default How the hell do you work with Icons?

I'm trying to add /pet melee and /pet ranged buttons to my pet window and these Icon things are really silly. There is no documentation about how they work. The Icons are used in the pet window, the persona window, the guild window, the maintained and effects windows, and maybe some others. They use something called ActionData for commands which don't correspond to anything anywhere. It seems like these ActionData commands are coded directly. Also, the pet window icons have a property called IconID which I can't make any sense out of.

I'd really like to make the new buttons feel like the other buttons but it doesn't seem possible with normal Buttons, and not Icons. So far I've tried making up ActionData commands, and putting in OnActivate, OnEnable, and OnPress properties but none of those seem to work.

For now I'll have to copy the type of button that Depeche Node used in his pet window .

Othesus - Dirge - Lucan DLere
Vaspar - Fury - Lucan DLere
Unread 02-01-2007, 09:44 PM
aka Mook

Server: Nektulos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Othesus
I'm trying to add /pet melee and /pet ranged buttons to my pet window and these Icon things are really silly. There is no documentation about how they work. The Icons are used in the pet window, the persona window, the guild window, the maintained and effects windows, and maybe some others. They use something called ActionData for commands which don't correspond to anything anywhere. It seems like these ActionData commands are coded directly. Also, the pet window icons have a property called IconID which I can't make any sense out of.

I'd really like to make the new buttons feel like the other buttons but it doesn't seem possible with normal Buttons, and not Icons. So far I've tried making up ActionData commands, and putting in OnActivate, OnEnable, and OnPress properties but none of those seem to work.
Yup, Icons are hard-coded only.

Quote:
For now I'll have to copy the type of button that Depeche Node used in his pet window.
Minus the "For now".
Unread 02-01-2007, 10:14 PM
A Griffon

Server: Lucan DLere

I was looking at it again and thought maybe I could get the pressed down effect with a SizeEffector but those don't seem to work. Or, has anyone figured them out?