EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Request

Closed Thread
Unread 03-22-2005, 11:37 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default MP3 player

hey i remeber one of the coolest fetures in EQ was the mp3 player. not sure if its even possible but could someone make a mod for EQ2 to add an MP3 player? just an idea i had ^_^
Unread 03-22-2005, 11:44 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Antonia Bayle

There's a thread somewhere around here about how since sony made it so you can minimize EQ that it'd be a violation of their policy to put an mp3 player into the UI. Therefor you have to use winamp or whichever mp3 program you use and just minimize out. I'm not good at re-wording things, but if you search I'm sure you'll find the thread Lots of people would love it.. but it'd be against their rules.
Unread 03-22-2005, 11:49 AM
A Young Mystail Rat
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Guk

Are you serious? That is one of the most BS excuses I have ever heard.

It makes as much sense as a football bat.

"We are not gonna put a stereo in your car because you can put it in neutral and idle."

WTF?
Unread 03-22-2005, 04:01 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Befallen

The reason it was put in EQ was because at the time the game wasn't set up to be windowed, and people had a problem being able to run the music they wanted while playing.
EQ2 can be put into windowed mode easily, so they didn't add an extra feature that would replicate a function available already to just about anyone on a computer. That would be almost like adding a browser to the game just because folks want to surf EQInterface while playing instead of going to their normal browser. (although, if I was gonna browse a site while playing, this would probably be one of my more frequent places )

While a built-in mp3 player might save a few seconds used to go out of the window and come back in, it's not something that's needed for players who want to listen to mp3 files like it was at the time for EQ.
Even EQ has now made it possible to window out, and so they stopped supporting the built-in player for it.
Unread 03-22-2005, 04:07 PM
Bacon Eater
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Admin
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

Watch your language please Nyarlathotep.
Unread 03-22-2005, 04:07 PM
A Griffon

Server: Runnyeye

Quote:
That would be almost like adding a browser to the game just because folks want to surf EQInterface while playing instead of going to their normal browser.
Lol there already is a one of sorts in there but very limited as to what it can display.... and yes I have already tried to loop music through this and include media player controls it wont have any of that lol , not even <embed> works or loading a page located on your system with any of the above on it all you end up with is a text input box hehe
Unread 03-22-2005, 04:13 PM
A Griffon

Server: Runnyeye

To add to that what I thought is record your own mix and replace the background music in the zone. As I have seen that some of them are mp3's granted you have no control over it but at least you can hear what you want then lol.... But keep the runnyeye sound track coz that rocks
Closed Thread