EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > XML Modification Help & Info

Unread 09-22-2007, 09:31 PM
A Griffon

Server: Lucan DLere
Default Tracking Window Close Options

Hello. I'm using the following: MaddBomber's Tracking Window and would like to stop it from closing when I select a target to track. I've looked through the code and the only 2 lines with "close" are:

Line 19:

<Button LocalTooltip="Stop Tracking" Name="Close" OnPress="parent.parent.Parent.CancelButton.Press=&apos;true&apos;" PackLocation="fff,nfn" PackLocationProp="0001/0001,0000/0001" ScrollExtent="18,18" Size="18,18" Style="close.style" Tooltip="Stop Tracking" UserMovable="true"></Button>

Line 79:

<Namespace Name="close">

Should one or both of these be removed? Is there any additional code that might help?

I would still like to be able to close the window via the X button just not by performing a specific track.

Any help would be highly appreciated. Thank you kindly.

Also, are there any major repercussions from making a bad xml edit? I was afraid to try removing either line to see what would happen since I wasn't sure if I could seriously mess something up by doing so.
Unread 09-23-2007, 12:48 PM
A Griffon
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

I wouldn't worry too much about messing anything up. If you do you can just go back to what you had before.

I think that button is hard coded to close the window. Have you tried putting an OnPress command to open the window on that button?

Visit Othesus World!
Unread 09-23-2007, 03:55 PM
Fetish Core author
Featured

Server: Crushbone

I'm 99% sure the "Track" button is hard coded to close the window. I know that in some cases, like the tinkered harvestable tracker, the usage of track is limited and so having the window remain up might invalidate that limitation.

You might try othesus's suggestion of adding a show window command to the track button.

As for editing it and messing things up -- at worst you'll just screw up that window (and at very worst, cause it to crash you). So long as you revert the edits things will return to normal.
Unread 09-23-2007, 04:44 PM
A Griffon

Thank you for the responses. I'll work with the OnPress and see how it goes but I'm rather inexperienced so it's probably going to be a bit of a guessing game. Would it something like this by any chance:

OnPress="/show_window MainHUD.Tracking"

I got this idea from the ThorUI Tracking window that doesn't close when selecting a target and has a separate Cancel button to close instead. I'll continue to look at the code for that and see what I can come up with.

Again, thank you kindly and any other input that anyone might be willing to add would be highly appreciated.
Unread 09-23-2007, 05:40 PM
Fetish Core author
Featured

Yeah, except you wouldn't use a "/"

I would just compare the code for the one you know does what you want and the one you're using and examine the areas that differ.
Unread 09-26-2007, 02:39 AM
A Griffon

Well, I tried the ThorUI file and it didn't end up working, which leads me to believe that it might not be possible since it was supposedly working before. I compared the code regardless but the two windows just don't seem to be coded near enough for me to see anything jumping out.

I plan on continuing to work with the show_window command to see if I can get that in there in the right place and syntax. However, if there's anyone more knowledgeable than I that might be willing to take a look to see if it's even possible then that would be highly appreciated.

So far I have ignored Line 79 and have focused my attention on Line 20 & it's reference to the OkButton on Line 170.

Line 20: <Button LocalTooltip="Start Tracking" Location="0,137" Name="Track" OnPress="parent.parent.Parent.OkButton.Press=&apos;true&apos;" PackLocation="fff,fff" PackLocationProp="0001/0001,0001/0001" ScrollExtent="18,18" Size="18,18" Style="settings.style" Tooltip="Start Tracking" UserMovable="true"></Button>

Line 170: <Button LocalText="Ok" Name="OkButton" Opacity="0.000" ScrollExtent="1,1" Size="1,1">Ok</Button>

I've tried the following without any success but that could just be because I really don't have much of a clue on what I'm doing:

Test 1: <Button LocalTooltip="Start Tracking" Location="0,137" Name="Track" OnPress="parent.parent.Parent.OkButton.Press=&apos;true&apos; show_window MainHUD.Tracking" PackLocation="fff,fff" PackLocationProp="0001/0001,0001/0001" ScrollExtent="18,18" Size="18,18" Style="settings.style" Tooltip="Start Tracking" UserMovable="true"></Button>

Test 2: <Button LocalTooltip="Start Tracking" Location="0,137" Name="Track" OnPress="parent.parent.Parent.OkButton.Press=&apos;true&apos; show_window (MainHUD.Tracking)" PackLocation="fff,fff" PackLocationProp="0001/0001,0001/0001" ScrollExtent="18,18" Size="18,18" Style="settings.style" Tooltip="Start Tracking" UserMovable="true"></Button>

Test 3: <Button LocalText="Ok" Name="OkButton" OnPress="show_window MainHUD.Tracking" Opacity="0.000" ScrollExtent="1,1" Size="1,1">Ok</Button>

Test 4: <Button LocalText="Ok" Name="OkButton" OnPress="show_window (MainHUD.Tracking)" Opacity="0.000" ScrollExtent="1,1" Size="1,1">Ok</Button>

The only thing that I can say for certain is that if you remove the OnPress portion of the original Line 20 then the window doesn't close. It doesn't track either but it doesn't close so both seem connected on that one command. Now if only they could be separated so that the Close aspect could be removed from the equation while leaving the Track portion intact.

Right now this would have to be my biggest issue, mainly since I started playing a Dirge, so if need be I'll just have to resort to sending in some feedback and hoping for the best.

Again, thanks for the responses and any further assistance that anyone can offer.
Unread 09-26-2007, 02:52 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

In Test 1, make a line break before the show_window portion.

Other possibilities to code this are to add a OnHide="Visible=true" to the topmost/first page object of the file when pressing the track button and remove it when pressing the close button.

I have never messed with the tracking window so far (not playing scouts) but maybe there is even some /keep_window_visible_on_tracking command (this one here is completely made up, you'd have to find the real one if there is one).
Unread 09-27-2007, 02:05 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9 View Post
In Test 1, make a line break before the show_window portion.

Other possibilities to code this are to add a OnHide="Visible=true" to the topmost/first page object of the file when pressing the track button and remove it when pressing the close button.

I have never messed with the tracking window so far (not playing scouts) but maybe there is even some /keep_window_visible_on_tracking command (this one here is completely made up, you'd have to find the real one if there is one).
Thanks for the suggestions. I tried the line break as such:

<Button LocalTooltip="Start Tracking" Location="0,137" Name="Track" OnPress="parent.parent.Parent.OkButton.Press=&apos;true&apos;
show_window MainHUD.Tracking
" PackLocation="fff,fff" PackLocationProp="0001/0001,0001/0001" ScrollExtent="18,18" Size="18,18" Style="settings.style" Tooltip="Start Tracking" UserMovable="true"></Button>

and

<Button LocalTooltip="Start Tracking" Location="0,137" Name="Track" OnPress="parent.parent.Parent.OkButton.Press=&apos;true&apos;
show_window=(MainHUD.Tracking)
" PackLocation="fff,fff" PackLocationProp="0001/0001,0001/0001" ScrollExtent="18,18" Size="18,18" Style="settings.style" Tooltip="Start Tracking" UserMovable="true"></Button>

I also tried to double up the show_window command by adding a second one on another line but that didn't work either.

I'm not all together certain of the correct syntax so I pretty much tried every variation of the command that I could think of without any luck.

I can say without much doubt that with the command the window seemingly appears to re-display for a split second but doesn't remain and it doesn't include a list of names either. This doesn't happen without the command, meaning that the window closes without any hesitation what so ever. So it would appear that somethings happening, just not what I'm trying to have happen though.

As far as the OnHide suggestion, I would love to try anything that would work but you could have been speaking Greek and I would have understood it just about the same. I really am a noob at this.

Searching for another command falls into the same category. I understand what you mean but wouldn't have a clue how to go about it.

O'well. Try as I might I just can't seem to grasp this one. Maybe I should just stick to more simple edits and put this on the back burner for now.

Thanks again to everyone for all of the suggestions and insight.
Unread 09-27-2007, 09:58 AM
Fetish Core author
Featured

Question the first: Why are you using &apos; when there's no apostrophes to worry about? I'd just use the apostrophe or barring that &quot; which has always worked for me.

Have you also tried instead of show_window just setting its visible property to true perhaps?
Unread 09-28-2007, 07:29 PM
A Griffon

The &apos; is part of the original code. I've since removed it from several locations.

I haven't tried the Visible=true option yet as I've discovered that when you click on the Track Icon to bring up the window it cancels any track that you were previously performing. So it would appear as if this type of change wouldn't be possible. I also discovered that I can bring the window back up on Tracking something by adding OnHide="show_window=(MainHUD.Tracking)" to the second line of code but it won't populate the list box with names.

O'well, I've tried the best I could. Thanks to everyone who tried to help.
Unread 09-28-2007, 08:04 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

edit: ignore me, I don't scout. :P

Last edited by gm9 : 09-28-2007 at 09:52 PM.
Unread 09-28-2007, 08:51 PM
A Griffon

Thank you kindly for attempting to get this to work but it still falls under the same issue that I posted about above. Once the window is triggered again it cancels your previous track. This essentially means that you can't really track anything since you would be canceling the track that you just Ok'ed by Ok'ing a track in the first place. A vicious circle I suppose.

BTW, was it the OnPress="useability Tracking" that you added to the OkButton line or was there more to it than that?

Also, in case anyone knows if this would be possible and how to do it if so, could the tracking window be set to sort by a particular method by default rather than the Proximity sort that it currently performs upon opening?

It's funny how you can go 3 years without certain issues effecting you then with the simple creation of a new character a whole new set of concerns pop-up. Personally, I would think that the Always Open Tracking Window and Choose Your Default Sort should be high on the list of Scout requests but by the looks of the boards and the download section it doesn't appear to concern that many scouts. Either I'm too picky or there's not a lot of scouts running around Norrath. I'm leaning towards the former.

Last edited by FloridaFringe : 09-28-2007 at 08:55 PM.
Unread 09-28-2007, 09:52 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Oh well, I said I've got no scouts, I have no idea about tracking mechanics. It appears that game mechanics prevent to track someone and to look for other tracks at the same time. Unless you can make use of the /track command, no idea what that is supposed to do. Sorry.

Edit to add: Maybe a suitable workaround would be to just set a waypoint instead of "real" tracking? Grab the location of the tracking cross popping up on the map and display your own.

And you can sort the window alphabetically.

Last edited by gm9 : 09-28-2007 at 09:56 PM.
Unread 09-28-2007, 10:38 PM
A Griffon

No worries mate.

The location idea is interesting and something I'll have to think about before I could wrap my mind around it. But something to definitely consider.

What I was asking about the sort was for a way to change the xml so that when the window opens it does so with a specific sort (alphabetically from Z-A). As it stand now it opens to sort by proximity, which I hardly ever use.

Thanks again for everything.
Unread 09-29-2007, 07:46 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

You can probably just click the sort button OnShow.