EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Help!?!?!

Unread 07-18-2005, 11:48 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Befallen
Default I give up!

Everytime I download to try one of these UI's theres a major problem. I know Im doing something wrong but after several tries and several hours Im going back to the original default settings. Can anyone please tell me how to do this? thanks!
Unread 07-19-2005, 12:13 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: The Bazaar

/loadui Default

but please post the steps you are doing to install a custom UI, perhaps one of us can help point out your flaw if it is indeed your doing.
Unread 07-19-2005, 09:51 AM
A Brown Bear

I simply follow the directions either on the FAQ or from the UI author specifically. Its always messing up somehow. I tried installing LAFFs last night and it completely messed my UI uP! I followed the directions to the letter, so Im not sure what else to do. Also alot of the directions assume you understand this type of installation so for those of us that don't like me, I am at a total loss.

To go back to default I type that command you posted while in the game? or do I put it in my directory? Please specify. Thanks!
Unread 07-19-2005, 10:06 AM
A Green Troll
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Blackburrow

To revert to the default UI...

1) Log off EQ2
2) locate eq2.ini in your Everquest II directory and delete it

Optionally you can open eq2.ini in Notepad and change the skinname to default.

Next time you log in, you should see the default UI.
Unread 07-19-2005, 11:56 AM
A Griffon

Server: Runnyeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broomhilde
I simply follow the directions either on the FAQ or from the UI author specifically. Its always messing up somehow. I tried installing LAFFs last night and it completely messed my UI uP!
What exactly do you mean by "messed my UI up" ? Did you see the custom windows? or did it just scatter the default one's about?
Unread 07-19-2005, 02:16 PM
A Brown Bear

When I went into the game my entire UI was locked and my bags were cut off. After unlocking everything the bags were still "cut-off" looking. In other words I could not see the entire bag, just part of it. It was strange. I moved the LAFFS folder around a bit so that it was situated properly in the UI folder (not a folder in a folder thing), saved the text file in my EQ2 folder and then renamed the Server_Character file to reflect my server and name. Reopened the game and the "cutoff" bags were still there.

These UI's and installations appear to be for more tech savy individuals than myself. I thought I was pretty good at figuring these things out but apparently not. Like I said I must be doing something wrong. The last time I loaded a UI the game had an update and after major parts of the UI were no longer working. When I came here I saw no updates at all. Like I said I give up. This isnt for me, I'll just have to wait until the expansion, hopefully SONY will build in some different UI's into the game that are easy to switch around.

Thanks for the assistance, I'll try this tonite.
Unread 07-19-2005, 03:02 PM
A Griffon

Server: Runnyeye

Lol... Just the bags cut off.... If the screen res wasnt the problem or the location of them then all you would have to do is change the view to say frames and back again on the bag windows that would have fixed it... its a quirk in the stay put tech(tm)