EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > XML Modification Help & Info

Unread 03-18-2008, 09:28 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Question dynamic data via chat?

is it possible to get dynamic data though chat? or through a macro?

if so, how might one go about doing it? or where might one find examples?

thanks!!

(yes, I did try searching.. this place needs a wiki. =) )
Unread 03-18-2008, 10:03 AM
A Griffon
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Everfrost

I can't think of any way to do it directly.

It could be possible to make a mod that would do something similar... I'd say that you could create a text box that receives the dynamic data, and use a show_window command from a macro to gsay it or something.

Can I ask, what exactly are you trying to do? There may be a less convoluted way, depending on what exactly you want.

LOL, actually there may be other less convoluted ways to do it in general. I've been away for a while, so don't be surprised if someone else has something better.
'Tetht the printhiple, tetht the printhiple,' muttered Igor. 'Thorry, thur, but Igorth do not "tetht the printhiple". Thtrap it to the bench and put a good thick bolt of lightning through it, thatth our motto. Thatth how you tetht thomething.'
Unread 03-18-2008, 10:45 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Really depends on what you want to do. If you only want to see it yourself, the command is /dynamicdata. If you want to have others see it, you can very easily use some UI scripting to do so. But as mother said, there may be an even easier way to what you want to accomplish depending on what that may be.
Unread 03-18-2008, 12:01 PM
Fetish Core author
Featured

Server: Crushbone

Yep, if you want just the dynamic data for your own viewing, its /dynamicdata.

For example, to see your spell amount mod you'd type /dynamicdata GameData.Stats.Spell_Amount_Mod
Unread 03-18-2008, 01:29 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordebon View Post
Yep, if you want just the dynamic data for your own viewing, its /dynamicdata.

For example, to see your spell amount mod you'd type /dynamicdata Self.Stats.Spell_Amount_Mod
Fixed .
Unread 03-18-2008, 04:02 PM
Fetish Core author
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9 View Post
Fixed.
Wrong

Its actually /dynamicdata Stats.Spell_Amount_Mod.

Neither yours nor my uncorrected one work in game.
Unread 03-18-2008, 04:25 PM
A Griffon

Server: Everfrost

LOL, at least you guys knew that command existed.

/hidehead
'Tetht the printhiple, tetht the printhiple,' muttered Igor. 'Thorry, thur, but Igorth do not "tetht the printhiple". Thtrap it to the bench and put a good thick bolt of lightning through it, thatth our motto. Thatth how you tetht thomething.'
Unread 03-18-2008, 06:01 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordebon View Post
Neither yours nor my uncorrected one work in game.
Haha, we're good.
Unread 03-19-2008, 08:48 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Wow.. Thanks everyone I'll need to give that a try tonight.

Ok.. the idea is.. I want the freaking Item data to be stored in the log.
(sorry this has been bugging me for like a month now... LOL)

So i wanted to see if it could be done though the chat. if so then I should be able to create a button on the inspect window with a press event tied to the chat line using something like 'chatbegin' (I don't think that's the correct command) but something that will bypass the /Say but still dump the data into the log.

from there my thought was to click the button press event to the window close event, and hide the button.

So this way, when you inspect an item the items stats are dumped to the log file when you press close.

I'm beginning work on a new log parsing program (That yes, you all will know about one I get something really 'done' on it.) and that info will be vital to one of the programs functions. =)
Unread 03-19-2008, 11:49 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Do a search on that, has been discussed multiple times. In short: While you cannot dump this data into chat, you can pass it to a /command line, which should go to the logs if you do it manually.

PS: Now that we know your question we can tell you that it has nothing in the slightest to do with DynamicData.

Last edited by gm9 : 03-19-2008 at 11:52 AM.
Unread 03-19-2008, 12:39 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9 View Post
Do a search on that, has been discussed multiple times. In short: While you cannot dump this data into chat, you can pass it to a /command line, which should go to the logs if you do it manually.

PS: Now that we know your question we can tell you that it has nothing in the slightest to do with DynamicData.
I've searched high and low (both here and the net) I guess I'm not using the correct keywords (like Item, data, dump, etc)

and really? I thought I read somewhere that the Dynamic data is where to pull the item information.. I didn't think there was any other way (except to dump a screen shot and OCR it. which isn't very likly)

well crud.. back to the drawing board.
Unread 03-19-2008, 04:30 PM
Fetish Core author
Featured

Item info isn't dynamic data.

The most success I've had is getting the tags and I can't remember if I was able to get basic stats or not, and thats via the beginchatinput method. Direct dumping didn't work at all.
Unread 03-20-2008, 11:31 AM
A Griffon

To the actual question you were asking. You can put a button on the examine item window that begins to dump stats to chat. Chat can only hold so much info though.

With a button and a textbox on the examine window.

Code:
Parent.Txt.LocalText=Parent.LorePage.Name.LocalText ## ' | ' ## Parent.LorePage.Tier.LocalText ## ' | ' ## Parent.LorePage.Desc.LocalText ## ' | ' ## Parent.ModifiersPage.FlagsValue.LocalText ## ' | ' ## Parent.ModifiersPage.ModifiersValue.LocalText
beginchatinput '/dumpitem' ## ' ' Parent.Txt.LocalText
For \aITEM 559334521 600818263:[Sword of Pain]\/a we end up with the following in the log:

Unknown command: 'dumpitem Sword of Pain | FABLED | | ATTUNEABLE LORE | \#22FF22+30 str \#22FF22+30 sta \#22FF22+22 agi \#22FF22+24 wis \#22FF22+24 int
\#22FF22+120 health \#22FF22+110 power
\#22FF22+3 defense
\#5CE6FE+3 In-Combat Power Regeneration Per Tic'

You could break it up into multiple buttons. Each item would require you to click a button then hit enter, click another button then hit enter, etc.. THEN you'd still be left with parsing your log to extract the relevant info.