Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > XML Modification Help & Info

Unread 02-06-2005, 10:18 AM
A Grove Wisp
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Lavastorm
Default Group Addon question

Hy all

I was thinking to make 3 smalls button on the bottom left of the group windows option like :

I = for Invite my target
D = to /disband
S = to /follow

Is there a way to assign at a ButtonStyles a command like /follow or /disband ?

Also have them show only if i have one personne on the group ,)

Thanks for your reply
Unread 02-06-2005, 12:13 PM
EQ2MAP Updater Author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

Server: Antonia Bayle

yes that is possible.
Just put the buttons in the MemberInfoPage Page that is inside the GroupMember1 page then they will only show when you have at least 1 person that is in your group.
Unread 02-06-2005, 08:56 PM
A Grove Wisp

yes so the probleme is how to affect a online command like /disband on a button ? i have search on all default xml files and haven't seen somethings like ButtonStyle.disband.style
Unread 02-06-2005, 08:58 PM
A Griffon

OnPress="/disband"
etc.

You don't actually need the /, but I always put it so I remember it's a / command.

Quib
Unread 02-07-2005, 02:49 AM
A Griffon

Am slowly implementing this idea into my group window. Need to decide what buttons to have in each area.

Probably the invite button wherever the search for players button is, and disband starting with each page after you get at least 1 group member.

If I can detect whether or not I'm group leader, I might be able to add a makeleader button.

Quib
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	invite_button.jpg
Views:	268
Size:	1.7 KB
ID:	1080  
Unread 02-07-2005, 08:58 AM
A Grove Wisp

Yesterday i have tried to search for a button just to show a letter D,I,F but the problem is that much of all of them are to big to take a size like 20,20. There are 2 solutions, maybe trying to find a buttonStyle (if i understand how the code go looking on dds files to assign a name on a squared draw) or directly change the LFG and FIND button to match with all we need to make the new group UI. The most approaching button is ButtonStyle.text.style (i think it's the name) it's the one that is used on most UI to put text on it (like the tradeskill window) but is size must me near 30 in height to have the border showing on UI.

How have you made your I button ? it's look nice

I'm going to test with that kind of button or maybe someone have a idea of a buttonstyle that can be smaller than this one

For your problem, i was thinking, if you create a page Visible=False which contain your Makeleader button maybe it will be only show if you are the leader no ? When you look on the Loot page you see that button LeaderAssign seems by default Visible=False. Something maybe i'm wrong, when you look on the Popup > GroupOptions you see a page Named DataPage with 2 DEVL test named LootMethodSource & LootMethodSource maybe that 2 test can be a True or False that influct on the rest of the page ?

Last edited by Hideki : 02-07-2005 at 09:23 AM.
Unread 02-07-2005, 10:07 AM
A Griffon

Server: Blackburrow

if most are too big you could hijack a close button or something and put whatever image on top of that...

Either way, Stretch=true can be good for the heart if you dont want to make one from scratch

-Selae
Unread 02-07-2005, 10:26 AM
A Griffon

I made my I button all with xml, no new graphics. I made a new button style, that's basically a copy of the checkbox style the LFG button uses, and put an I on top of it that hides the exclamation point. Here's the code for the new style.
Code:
<ButtonStyle DisabledTextColor="#A0A0A0" MouseOverTextColor="#000000" MouseOverTextShadowStyle="DoublePeachOutlineNoShadow.Outline1" Name="style" NormalTextColor="#EBDEAA" NormalTextShadowStyle="DoubleBlackOutlineNoShadow.Outline1" NormalTextStyle="/Fonts.FontZapf20" RStyleActivated="activated_rect" RStyleDefault="normal_rect" RStyleMouseOver="mouseover_rect" TextAlignment="Center"/>
<RectangleStyle Center="normal" CenterShrinkH="false" CenterShrinkV="true" Name="normal_rect"/>
<RectangleStyle Center="mouseover" CenterShrinkH="false" CenterShrinkV="true" Name="mouseover_rect"/>
<RectangleStyle Center="activated" CenterShrinkH="false" CenterShrinkV="true" Name="activated_rect"/>
<ImageStyle Filter="true" Name="normal">
<ImageFrame Name="image" Source="images/widgets01.dds" SourceRect="179,46,209,66"/>
</ImageStyle>
<ImageStyle Filter="true" Name="mouseover">
<ImageFrame Name="image" Source="images/widgets01.dds" SourceRect="146,68,176,88"/>
</ImageStyle>
<ImageStyle Filter="true" Name="activated">
<ImageFrame Name="image" Source="images/widgets01.dds" SourceRect="179,68,209,88"/>
</ImageStyle>
<Namespace Name="DoublePeachOutlineNoShadow">
<ShadowStyle Color="#EBDEAA" Name="Outline7_8" NextShadowStyle="Outline8" Offset="-2,-1" Opacity="0.333"/>
<ShadowStyle Color="#EBDEAA" Name="Outline4" NextShadowStyle="Outline7" Offset="-2,1" Opacity="0.333"/>
<ShadowStyle Color="#EBDEAA" Name="Outline3_4" NextShadowStyle="Outline4" Offset="2,1" Opacity="0.333"/>
<ShadowStyle Color="#EBDEAA" Name="Outline2_3" NextShadowStyle="Outline3" Offset="2,-1" Opacity="0.333"/>
<ShadowStyle Color="#EBDEAA" Name="Outline1_2" NextShadowStyle="Outline2" Offset="1,-2" Opacity="0.333"/>
<ShadowStyle Color="#EBDEAA" Name="Outline2" NextShadowStyle="Outline2_3" Offset="2,-2" Opacity="0.333"/>
<ShadowStyle Color="#EBDEAA" Name="Outline1" NextShadowStyle="Outline1_2" Offset="0,-2" Opacity="0.333"/>
<ShadowStyle Color="#EBDEAA" Name="Outline3" NextShadowStyle="Outline3_4" Offset="2,0" Opacity="0.333"/>
<ShadowStyle Color="#EBDEAA" Name="Outline7" NextShadowStyle="Outline7_8" Offset="-2,0" Opacity="0.333"/>
<ShadowStyle Color="#EBDEAA" Name="Outline8" NextShadowStyle="BlackOutline1" Offset="-2,-2" Opacity="0.333"/>
<ShadowStyle Color="#EBDEAA" Name="BlackOutline8" Offset="-1,-1" Opacity="0.667"/>
<ShadowStyle Color="#EBDEAA" Name="BlackOutline7" NextShadowStyle="BlackOutline8" Offset="-1,0" Opacity="0.667"/>
<ShadowStyle Color="#EBDEAA" Name="BlackOutline6" NextShadowStyle="BlackOutline7" Offset="-1,1" Opacity="0.667"/>
<ShadowStyle Color="#EBDEAA" Name="BlackOutline5" NextShadowStyle="BlackOutline6" Offset="0,1" Opacity="0.667"/>
<ShadowStyle Color="#EBDEAA" Name="BlackOutline4" NextShadowStyle="BlackOutline5" Opacity="0.667"/>
<ShadowStyle Color="#EBDEAA" Name="BlackOutline3" NextShadowStyle="BlackOutline4" Offset="1,0" Opacity="0.667"/>
<ShadowStyle Color="#EBDEAA" Name="BlackOutline2" NextShadowStyle="BlackOutline3" Offset="1,-1" Opacity="0.667"/>
<ShadowStyle Color="#EBDEAA" Name="BlackOutline1" NextShadowStyle="BlackOutline2" Offset="0,-1" Opacity="0.667"/>
</Namespace>
<Namespace Name="DoubleBlackOutlineNoShadow">
<ShadowStyle Name="Outline7_8" NextShadowStyle="Outline8" Offset="-2,-1" Opacity="1.000"/>
<ShadowStyle Name="Outline6_7" NextShadowStyle="Outline7" Offset="-2,1" Opacity="1.000"/>
<ShadowStyle Name="Outline5_6" NextShadowStyle="Outline6" Offset="-1,2" Opacity="1.000"/>
<ShadowStyle Name="Outline4_5" NextShadowStyle="Outline5" Offset="1,2" Opacity="1.000"/>
<ShadowStyle Name="Outline3_4" NextShadowStyle="Outline4" Offset="2,1" Opacity="1.000"/>
<ShadowStyle Name="Outline2_3" NextShadowStyle="Outline3" Offset="2,-1" Opacity="1.000"/>
<ShadowStyle Name="Outline1_2" NextShadowStyle="Outline2" Offset="1,-2" Opacity="1.000"/>
<ShadowStyle Name="Outline2" NextShadowStyle="Outline2_3" Offset="2,-2" Opacity="1.000"/>
<ShadowStyle Name="Outline1" NextShadowStyle="Outline1_2" Offset="0,-2" Opacity="1.000"/>
<ShadowStyle Name="Outline3" NextShadowStyle="Outline3_4" Offset="2,0" Opacity="1.000"/>
<ShadowStyle Name="Outline4" NextShadowStyle="Outline4_5" Offset="2,2" Opacity="1.000"/>
<ShadowStyle Name="Outline5" NextShadowStyle="Outline5_6" Offset="0,2" Opacity="1.000"/>
<ShadowStyle Name="Outline6" NextShadowStyle="Outline6_7" Offset="-2,2" Opacity="1.000"/>
<ShadowStyle Name="Outline7" NextShadowStyle="Outline7_8" Offset="-2,0" Opacity="1.000"/>
<ShadowStyle Name="Outline8" NextShadowStyle="BlackOutline1" Offset="-2,-2" Opacity="1.000"/>
<ShadowStyle Name="BlackOutline8" Offset="-1,-1" Opacity="1.000"/>
<ShadowStyle Name="BlackOutline7" NextShadowStyle="BlackOutline8" Offset="-1,0" Opacity="1.000"/>
<ShadowStyle Name="BlackOutline6" NextShadowStyle="BlackOutline7" Offset="-1,1" Opacity="1.000"/>
<ShadowStyle Name="BlackOutline5" NextShadowStyle="BlackOutline6" Offset="0,1" Opacity="1.000"/>
<ShadowStyle Name="BlackOutline4" NextShadowStyle="BlackOutline5" Opacity="1.000"/>
<ShadowStyle Name="BlackOutline3" NextShadowStyle="BlackOutline4" Offset="1,0" Opacity="1.000"/>
<ShadowStyle Name="BlackOutline2" NextShadowStyle="BlackOutline3" Offset="1,-1" Opacity="1.000"/>
<ShadowStyle Name="BlackOutline1" NextShadowStyle="BlackOutline2" Offset="0,-1" Opacity="1.000"/>
</Namespace>
All of this can be placed at the bottom of the group window XML, and the style used by simply using Style="style".

Code:
<Button BackgroundColor="#FFFFFF" LocalText="I" LocalTooltip="/invite" Location="6,36" Name="Invite" ScrollExtent="31,20" Size="31,20" Style="style" Tooltip="/invite" OnPress="/invite">I</Button>
The button will need to be 31 width for the I to center properly.

Quib
Unread 02-07-2005, 10:59 AM
A Grove Wisp

omg if i understand well, you have drawn all points to make a I ?
Unread 02-07-2005, 11:05 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hideki
omg if i understand well, you have drawn all points to make a I ?
Hahahahaha, no no no. Look at the button object, the Text is "I"

What you're seeing is 2 shadow styles to put a black border around the I for the default style and a peach-ish border around the I when you hold the mouse over the button.

Quib
Unread 02-07-2005, 11:23 AM
A Grove Wisp

was looking at the first file and imagine the work i hade to do ^^

So i just put only one button style at the bottom of my eq2ui_mainhud_groupmembers.xml page and put as much Button for each letter i want to use. Ok i'm going to test it, thanks so much Quib
Unread 02-08-2005, 07:41 AM
A Grove Wisp

Done, Thanks Quib for the button and all his helps

Version with a Disband and Invit buttons, next version i will put the Follow one.

You can download and view the mod HERE

Comments and wish add are welcome to improve it, don't hesitate to ask

Last edited by Hideki : 02-09-2005 at 07:42 AM.